Cult Kits - Another Nike 98-00 deadstock find!!!

Coza

Looks like someone somewhere has sat on boxes and boxes of the 1998-2000 Nike home top for over 20 years. Cult kits have got the top listed again and again it’s all medium men so can only assume it’s from the same haul as last time. Price also dropped to £50.

I bought one of these last time out for £100 and was nervous it wasn’t going to be real but when it came it was clearly legit. It had all the right tags, colour codes etc per the original release (I worked in the shop during this kit launch so knew instantly it was the real deal) and it smelled like a top that had sat in a box for 20+ years.

One of my all time favourite tops. Mental to think these tops are turning up so many years down the line.

Fill your boots medium sized gents! :))

Last edited:
Hope they are legit, just ordered 2 of them.

If they come from the same batch as my one did - definitely legit mate. Clearly the fact every single top they have listed is a medium from day one of the deadstock find also adds weight to it being a genuine find.

My mate who deals in Celtic memrobilia (not staunch!!!) told me before I paid £100 that if it’s listed as deadstock through Cult it will be 100% genuine so not to worry.

I’m a large in everything. Have ordered in hope that it fits.

It’s defintely made big mate.

I wear a medium in the current top (it looks fitted on me) and this one in medium is a lot baggier and clearly isn’t a fitted finish. Might be a bit small on you but wouldn’t look stupid I don’t think....

Bought. I'm a smallish medium so hopefully fits nicely. Hope to run my first ever marathon in that top.

If they sold out for 100 quid last time then why would they sell them for 50 this time.
Don't believe for a minute these have just been lying about for 20 years.

Magical how they keep unearthing these. :rolleyes:

I could be wrong but my logic is if they were fakes they would be selling all sizes but it’s a continual stream of mediums only.

Also the one I got in post last release 100% was real. Knew instantly as I probably had my hands on that top 5,000 times during that summer launch.

If they sold out for 100 quid last time then why would they sell them for 50 this time.
Don't believe for a minute these have just been lying about for 20 years.

My honest guess. They found one box last time. One standard Nike box holds about 80-100 tops from memory. The price went up from £50 -£100 as they had less tops left last time too . By the end they sold last one for £120.

If they are back down at £50 they have found at least one box again and the price will creep up.

I could be wrong but my logic is if they were fakes they would be selling all sizes but it’s a continual stream of mediums only.

Also the one I got in post last release 100% was real. Knew instantly as I probably had my hands on that top 5,000 times during that summer launch.

My spidey senses won't stop tingling on this one.

I'm probably just a cynical bassa :))

Medium Nike top of that era is a large these days ya bunch of fat bassas :))

FYI I’m a medium in the current top too. All my girth is in my cock.
Is this true? Afraid to buy one now as I’m a Hummel medium...

My spidey senses won't stop tingling on this one.

I'm probably just a cynical bassa :))

I shared completely similar thoughts to you until my one arrived. :))

Knew instantly it was legit.

I do wonder if they sit on these deliberately and then release for Xmas etc.

Again all I can say is that working for rangers retail at the time which was huge with what 4/5 shops or so in Glasgow alone we got piles of these boxes into the sauchiehall street shop daily and we also probably had record returns too (the top got catches a lot). They clearly made/sold a shit load of this top.

Is this true? Afraid to buy one now as I’m a Hummel medium...

I’m a medium in Hummel mate. And I own a medium in this. It’s not fitted like the Hummel top in cut but it still fits like a medium if that makes sense? Sleeve goes same length for example but it’s slightly baggy instead of neat agajnst your arm.

Looks like someone somewhere has sat on boxes and boxes of the 1998-2000 Nike home top for over 20 years. Cult kits have got the top listed again and again it’s all medium men so can only assume it’s from the same haul as last time. Price also dropped to £50.

I bought one of these last time out for £100 and was nervous it wasn’t going to be real but when it came it was clearly legit. It had all the right tags, colour codes etc per the original release (I worked in the shop during this kit launch so knew instantly it was the real deal) and it smelled like a top that had sat in a box for 20+ years.

One of my all time favourite tops. Mental to think these tops are turning up so many years down the line.

Fill your boots medium sized gents! :))

Fakes i think. The real original had dri fit on the sleeve

s-l400.jpg

This "old" stock has something different.

img_8359.jpg

I’m a medium in Hummel mate. And I own a medium in this. It’s not fitted like the Hummel top in cut but it still fits like a medium if that makes sense? Sleeve goes same length for example but it’s slightly baggy instead of neat agajnst your arm.
Haha yeah man, that makes sense! Same length, just baggier. Thanks :D

Fakes i think. The real original had dri fit on the sleeve

s-l400.jpg

This "old" stock has something different.

img_8359.jpg

Pointed out last time to cult. I asked them on twitter and they said they weren’t sure as they had used a stock photo as all tops were bagged. Mine came with Dri Fit on arm.

Just noticed the edge of the red stripe isn't soft and darker like the real ones.

Good spot mate. I think they used a shit stock photo. I will upload what I received. I was so paranoid last time I bought for £100. Wouldn’t have posted this if I wasn’t happy with what arrived.

Brilliant mate, my first ever top I remember getting as a boy, can’t wait to get this!

As a side point always remember my old dear getting me it with Durie on the back as the shop that put names on had that put as an example and she thought that’s all they done. Even at 6 years old I knew she was a daft cow!
I can only picture your joy turning to despair, as your 6 year old world collapses in on top of you. Even Gordon Durie didn't want a top with Durie on the back.

I purchased one
One of my first ones as a young kid
Delighted to have this one again now I’m older and larger :D

This is what came first time guys when I paid £100 to the same site.

You can see the ridiculously good spot of the darker red line at edges like 5*RFC mentioned in mine that’s not in their stock photo. Can also just see the D of the dri-fit logo. If anyone is still unsure can take another photo but that’s what I had on my Phone and I’m sitting on my arse currently. :))

There is something not right about these and then the nike tag on the sleeve??
If pushed I would say these are fakes

Back