Current Ibrox Stadium Problems and Future Redevelopments

Some folk need to get a grip. Michael provides fans with better update than the club. Why do our own fans feel the need to turn on him and abuse him. We have enough enemies without turning on our own fans.
there’s a loyalty a scheme in place, he shouldn’t be handed tickets for any away he can make coz he’s never aff twitter

Could we make EH bigger to accommodate events like Player of the Year? What a shit show that is!!

Could we make EH bigger to accommodate events like Player of the Year? What a shit show that is!!
I would imagine the size increase to host such an event wouldnt make financial sense.

The venue was sized for a specific music event market that Glasgow lacks at the moment, assume this is where they see the venue making money outwith matchdays longterm which is vital to its success.

I would imagine the size increase to host such an event wouldnt make financial sense.

The venue was sized for a specific music event market that Glasgow lacks at the moment, assume this is where they see the venue making money outwith matchdays longterm which is vital to its success.
I thought it said that all future club events would be held in it, my mistake.

They may have said that which is poor communication.

The function space in EH is approx 470m2, the ballroom at Hilton is 1054m2 for 900.

There’s not many other (if any) club functions that would require that type of capacity. Outsourcing for a yearly event when probably all others can be held at EH probably makes financial sense.

It wouldn’t just be the additional event area that would require to be increase, all toilets, kitchen and staff areas would also need to be increased. Plus parking which is being used as a new strategy allowing us to sell part of the Albion as previously it wasn’t included in our required numbers.

Still, if rangers did say all club functions then that was a bit stupid on their part.

Edmiston House too small to host our own events

Its not too small to host our own events. We have hosted quite a few and will continue to do so.

For POTY do it needs a bigger space due to the number of people attending.

It would have been stupid to design a space for a once a year event and all the additional cost the comes with it.

It can hold 500 people for a seated event but table spacing is tighter

The current 50,987 capacity of Ibrox will be rising to over 51,500!

"This significant investment will take the number of spaces for wheelchair users to 270, while 700 general access seats will also be added. Upon completion, the capacity of Ibrox will be in excess of 51,500.

The board have also reaffirmed their intention to improve facilities for all supporters, with a phased programme of concourse and toilet refurbishment also under review."

Also interesting to note the monoblocking from New Edmiston House to the John Greig Statue is still to be completed. Hopefully this smart bit of work will be done during the summer months before pre-season friendlies return.

https://i.postimg.cc/wMHZ3F7J/Eh-F4n5l-Wk-AEh3q6-jpeg.jpg

Eh-F4n5l-Wk-AEh3q6-jpeg.jpg

Back