Daily Record's invasive Mols pic and inhumane clickbait Tweet needs dealt with

Disgusting scum.

Asking Michael Mols for a reaction to Fernando’s death then publishing a picture of him. Doorstepping Gareth Thomas’ parents to tell them he’s HIV positive. Harassing Ben Stokes’ family about a tragic event that happened decades ago.

The media in this country are completely out of control.
Beat me to it....and these "journalistic" acts are all only in the last week or so.
A shower of vile parasites.

Fücking disgusting from that rag. Written by Mark McDougall who’s a supposed Rangers man as well. And Darren Cooney who also must be involved in this. You’d never get a story like that with a Celtic player passing.

Shame on them all.

Shower of cünts.

As terrible as this is it's not just an issue with the Daily Record or even the Scottish media. All tabloid "journalism" has descended to click-bait, "we pay for your stories", trawling social media for comments rather than actually paying for people to write genuine articles that people want to read. Just look at the recent shit that Ben Stokes and Gareth Thomas have had to put up with. It's news for morons by morons. We shouldn't mistake this poor excuse for journalism as any sort of attack on the club, none of them are fit for purpose.

The Record and other media organisations were waiting at Glasgow Airport. Fair enough if it's a few words and photos/footage used selectively to avoid any insensitivity but as far as the Record was concerned any sense of decency was out the window. Wait on the guy to look distressed and click, click, click. Upload the photos and the person running the social media gets the one displaying the most distress to generate maximum clicks and ad revenue.

Is this what passes for journalism in 2019? It's no wonder I get my news from the last couple of broadsheets which still have a shred of decency, independent journos, YouTube and local papers.

Time the likes of the Record were shut down and their 'journalists' crawled back into the gutter.

Dirty bastards. It’s down now but at some level a journalist thinks that ok, they check it with someone who thinks it’s ok.

Rangers, Rangers supporters and Rangers people are seen as not mattering or deserving any respect.

Honestly lost for words.

That must have got through a few folk before it was published.

What goes through someone's mind to think that is acceptable.
You only have to spend 2 minutes looking at articles on their website and see the amount of spelling and grammatical errors to know it's clear that they don't employ any sort of proof readers or quality control.

What I don't understand is all my Bear mates stopped buying that rag . Same kind of thing is said by the mentally challengeds not to buy it as they think its anti mentally challenged. So who exactly buys it .

Absolutely vile. But not surprising.

Would be good if the fans could come together and organise a mass blocking of all these newspapers social media accounts. Hit them where it hurts.

They dont even hide it. They cant bring themselves to pay some sort of respect to someone related to our club.

A message to the press that lurk on here.

When you have sadly gone youll be gone, every Ranger will be remembered and respected for an eternity

Mr King could be holding our Managing Director back.
We don't have a CEO.
Trying not to be a dick here but I'm not convinced you're trying as hard as me.
1. King holding Robertson back seems ........... unlikely.
2. That's why I have repeatedly asked and built a case for a one.

They knew when they were putting this story up the offence it would cause, premeditated. Grow a set rangers and ban these mutants

I take it this would have been ok’d and sent out from someone above the pay grade of the reporter,who authorised this to go out?

Can't roll over on stuff like this

Now may not be the time in the circumstances but these fucks should be taken to task

It's all well pulling something after its had the views.

Parasites. That's that poor guys dear friend and just off a fucking plane to that

I've cut out the photo of Mols. Really not needed.

Invading the privacy of a man who is in obvious distress at the loss of a close, long-term friend and using it as clickbait to generate advertising revenue is unforgivable. Not only that, it's an open invitation to the worst elements within Scottish society who get some sick sort of kick out of this crap. It's one of the worst actions by a Scottish newspaper that I've seen, up there with Neil Campbell's "mild abuse" in the Herald and the Record's photo of Stein in the middle of the heart attack that killed him.

They've gone and removed it but that's not the point.

No more. You've already stopped buying it, I get that, but keep telling your friends and relatives what they're up to. Adblock their website if you're using it for research. Do all you can to shut them down. I'm often annoyed but it's rare that I'm actually disgusted. You crossed the line, Daily Record, and you're not going to be allowed to forget it.

Get away from Ibrox, you despicable bastards.
Maybe admin on this site have some way of blocking it when someone pastes it onto FF?

Too fkn late, get them banned dave King and ban BBC Scotland as well while your at it despicable scum
Here's hoping the press association goes Tonto at them, shows what level they will go to when it involves rangers a new low I would say they can't get any lower but we all know anything goes when it comes to rangers. It fucking sickens me they can have articles like they do but when it comes to the child molestation covered up for decades but Celtic not a fucking thing

When you think the race to the bottom in journalism has got there they go and keep on diving.
Don’t know how these pricks can sleep at night.

It’s an SNSpix image. They are actually selling it as a poster print on their website!

Vermin.
I’m not posting the link but you can easily find it.

Newspapers are currently engaged in a race to the bottom, and they don't care who they take with them.

All for a few pennies from the inevitable clickbate shite they post online because the printed media is all but dead.

In an age where news can be accessed 24hrs a day, who really want's to buy yesterdays news. Newspapers should have focused on a lot the good investigative stuff they used to day many moons ago.

When I was about 10 my next door neighbour was killed by a drunk driver, my parents were up in bed and I was downstairs watching cartoons when the door went. Someone with an STV jacket standing there asking if my parents were home. I knew I'd just get moaned at for going to wake them up for some random at the door so I just said no they were sleeping.

Guy pushed again saying it was really important that they spoke to my parents as my neighbour had been killed. I was obviously shocked so ran upstairs and woke up my mum who came down where they broke the news to her and then harassed her to go on camera and comment (she didn't as she was too upset as we'd lived next to them for years and were good friends with her and her children).

It was only years later when I thought about it again I realised how fvcking inappropriate and despicable it is to tell a child about their friends mum dying so you can make them go and wake up their parents just to get your shot so that you can go back to the office and get a pat on the back.

I've said it before and I will say it again these so called journalists need a boot in the balls.they cannot be allowed to print lies and poke fun at our community any longer.

This is where the club are so out of touch with the support. Look at the rage on here for what is a despicable act on the day one of our ex captains passed away. Mr King and Mr Park are supporters as well, surely they feel the same rage. Something has to be done Rangers, this is bang out of order.

Their “breaking news” tweet wasn’t much better. “BREAKING: Fernado Ricksen dead”

Yes, the spelling mistake was part of the tweet.

Them and the bbc lack any human decency

For years I have been baffled on why departments including the media in this country have become so sinister and biased towards our British identity and culture. I am now of the opinion that Tony Blair and co allowed The Good Friday Agreement to reach into The West Of Scotland thinking that there was some kind of injustices going on with Irish decendants and believing their propaganda machine.

Gave them an inch and they took more than a mile.

Glad to see the words mope and mopery have all but disappeared from FF.
This was directed at those, myself included, who complained years ago about the media and its behaviour.
Now that the SMSM has made its intentions abundantly clear, we need to complain, complain, complain.
Keep it simple and polite as these are the hardest complaints to deal with.

Perseverance is important, don’t be fobbed off.

Since the Leveson inquiry in 2011/12 these cants haven't moved an inch. They are a disgusting bunch of filth. In the last few days the private lives of the English cricketer Ben Stokes the ex welsh rugby union player Gareth Thomas have been brought into the public domain because these scumbags consider it of " public interest". Now we have some sick fukk telling a photographer to get a close up photo of Michael Mols as he finds out his friend has sadly passed away after a long and devastating illness. The sooner these pathetic rags close their doors the better. DO NOT BUY NEWSPAPERS

Disgraceful and disgusting as it is it’s sadly not surprising. After the Ben Stokes stuff yesterday in The Sun I’m not convinced the gutter press in this country has moved on much from the dark days of phone hacking.

All they care about is selling papers and generating clicks online.

Saw an article from the DR earlier where they were summarizing Fernando's career. Most of it was just taken from his autobiography. Except of course for the quality journalism that told us we won the league on Helicopter Sunday by goal difference.

Inept as well as scum bags.

Back