Damning Statistics.

There is a massive financial gulf between us and them.

It'll be extremely difficult to bridge that gap in the next 10+ years.

They make more money than us in almost every way.

Unless our DoFR is really a genius, we are always going to face an uphill battle to stay competitive.
Next season is almost a write-off, as they'll spend big to avoid the same scare they've had this year. So barring something out of the ordinary, they should win the league next year at a canter.

The season after is where it'll start to get interesting. They cannot win a knockout tie in Europe, that's  their scar tissue, so their finances will come back towards ours, and the players they can attract will come back towards our level.
They'll have some money in reserve, of course. But that's irrelevant when you're offering players a Thursday night game against Maccabi Haifa or Lask instead of a tue/wed night game against Arsenal or Madrid.

I'm gutted today, although the damage was done a few weeks ago.
But they'll no longer be dining out on our wallet in Europe soon, and the gap will close.

I was there too bro when you could sit wherever you wanted.
I know what you mean. I was an East Enclosure man. You'll remember another poor season in April 86, then the news about Souness came out of nowhere. Everything changed overnight. Who knows what the future will bring, but not many of us seen that coming.

If someone had told me Terry butcher would be a Rangers player a few months later, I would have recommended a stay in Carstairs for them.

About finances, we should be beating 10 teams in the league, this is what needs achieved. Some new players may give us a fresh approach to the Celtic matches.

I think Crocker said we’ve only two wins from the last eighteen at the piggery, make that nineteen.
One win from the last thirteen premiership titles.

How long does Rangers believe it can sustain a pitiful lack of success without alienating a generation of support forever?
I dont think the younger generation would suddenly stop supporting the club.

However they will become far more picky with what games they attend, following Rangers is expensive, probably the most expensive club to follow in the country and it will be hard for the young to justify it if we are constantly losing at a premium price.

Something needs to give.

They have a complete stranglehold over Scottish football, from the authorities downwards to refs.

Unless that is finally challenged and defeated off the pitch, then we will always struggle to win the League, tbh.

Almost every game we play against them, a big decision goes against us. This is now almost normalised.

Does anyone seriously believe that they and their media would tolerate 14 years at Ibrox without a penalty kick. ?

Blunt truth is we’re a shambolically run club in every aspect. We’ve got seven of the top ten earning players in Scotland right now combined with the biggest wage bill in the league but can barely lay a glove on the yahoos now.

They are also completely and utterly control the narrative around officials in Scotland while our board sit around and say nothing about it.

They have a complete stranglehold over Scottish football, from the authorities downwards to refs.

Unless that is finally challenged and defeated off the pitch, then we will always struggle to win the League, tbh.

Almost every game we play against them, a big decision goes against us. This is now almost normalised.

Does anyone seriously believe that they and their media would tolerate 14 years at Ibrox without a penalty kick. ?
Remember when we were called the establishment club? There's only one in this country and they're in the east end.

They are now in a position we are going to find extremely difficult to change. There is no comdenation of them in Scotland and no appetite to challenge it. We've tried, no one is interested. They have the media and that building in Edinburgh in their pocket. The night salmond and yousef were in the Govan arms was the night they sealed it.

Blunt truth is we’re a shambolically run club in every aspect. We’ve got seven of the top ten earning players in Scotland right now combined with the biggest wage bill in the league but can barely lay a glove on the yahoos now.

They are also completely and utterly control the narrative around officials in Scotland while our board sit around and say nothing about it.
That's because they have the media and holyrood in their pocket. Please explain how we change that.

That's because they have the media and holyrood in their pocket. Please explain how we change that.

Do exactly the same as they’ve been doing for the best part of 25 years now challenge decisions in public, make statements at AGMs, use social media platforms to highlight injustice and last but not least show some fight.

That mob get absolutely lawyered up every time they go up against the SFA and they usually end up beating them.

No coincidence that since Rodgers called out Beaton against Hearts officials have been terrified to give anything against them. Our board are just happy to sit back and take it that’s the main difference not some Machiavellian yahoo conspiracy.

They are absolutely light years ahead of Rangers when it comes to propaganda.

I feel like we're becoming second to them. I don't mean on the park that can happen ofcourse your not always going to get it right. But in terms of how we see ourselves from the board to the fans. It will never be admitted but feels to me we are a club and a support who expect to be second. We'll win the odd title but is second best who we are now? I hope it's not the case but the statistics over last 20 years are horrific.
In 2011this post would never have existed and i. 2031 it won’t either, we are far to good as a club to accept this and they are honestly far to weird and creepy to sustain anything over a period of time.

We will be back

I think Crocker said we’ve only two wins from the last eighteen at the piggery, make that nineteen.

How long does Rangers believe it can sustain a pitiful lack of success without alienating a generation of support forever?
I believe now is time to say to the board you have failed us , the board never backed Gerrard after we won 55, the day we were handed the trophy Gerrard said he needed backed to improve and we did not and I say this as someone who was very critical of Gerrard.
We said no to investment from America which Dave King backed.
We let Michael Beale actively run about and sign players.
Thank you to the board but also we need more and now

Do exactly the same as they’ve been doing for the best part of 25 years now challenge decisions in public, make statements at AGMs, use social media platforms to highlight injustice and last but not least show some fight.

That mob get absolutely lawyered up every time they go up against the SFA and they usually end up beating them.

No coincidence that since Rodgers called out Beaton against Hearts officials have been terrified to give anything against them. Our board are just happy to sit back and take it that’s the main difference not some Machiavellian yahoo conspiracy.

They are absolutely light years ahead of Rangers when it comes to propaganda.

I genuinely thought Rangers would midweek bring up us not receiving a penalty at the piggery in 14 years, which is a surreal stat, and put it in the tabloids. We had to put pressure on Collum yesterday.

That lot and their media goons certainly would have if it was the reverse for them at Ibrox.

We are just not at the races in the propaganda war.

We are still feeling the effects of 2012 and only one team are benefiting. There's no way the Tims would have had the success they've had if we weren't sold up the river by Sir Duped and the malicious damage done to us by dark 19th Century Terrorist forces.
Unless we get a rich benefactor in quickly, unfortunately we might have to suffer a little longer.
How long can we keep using 2012 as an excuse. We've won an invincible title and reached a european final since then. 2012 has nothing to do with squandering our transfer funds on dross like Davies, Matondo and Lammers.

Shocking stats.
Seeing all over twitter that they're confident of getting 56 before us.
It'll probably happen too.
Absolutely criminal.

any win against them going forward will be seen as a fluke result by most people until we get into the habit of beating them more than once every 20 games against them.

I feel like we're becoming second to them. I don't mean on the park that can happen ofcourse your not always going to get it right. But in terms of how we see ourselves from the board to the fans. It will never be admitted but feels to me we are a club and a support who expect to be second. We'll win the odd title but is second best who we are now? I hope it's not the case but the statistics over last 20 years are horrific.
That's already happened.
We get our joy from stopping trebles and 10 in a rows now.
Albeit it was Killie who stopped thier treble hope this year.

There is a massive financial gulf between us and them.

It'll be extremely difficult to bridge that gap in the next 10+ years.

They make more money than us in almost every way.

Unless our DoFR is really a genius, we are always going to face an uphill battle to stay competitive.
Think it was three players brought through from their youth team playing against us yesterday. This financial thing is not an excuse. We have held onto players past their best and giving them wages that no other team will ever give them is what is causing the disparity.

Here you go
We need a manager like Gerrard that learns quickly how to play these games and treats them with the contempt they deserve.

3 managers in a row now completely fail to learn from their mistakes in these games and do the same thing over and over again.
Here you go again.
This'll be you starting your ' get rid of this manager '.
For a start, SG had a far better squad than what PC has available to him.

Here you go

Here you go again.
This'll be you starting your ' get rid of this manager '.
For a start, SG had a far better squad than what PC has available to him.
He went 2 full years without losing a game to them when they also had a better squad than they do now. Clement has failed to lay a glove on them 3 games in a row and made the same mistake in every game with the midfield.

Yes I wanted rid of Gio and Beale. Was I wrong? I called it early with both and everyone else soon agreed. I see massive red flags with Clement and won't blindly put faith in him as I don't see what he has done that deserves that.

Also I've no idea what your previous name was. Why do so many people change their usernames? Did you make a fool of yourself?

We’ve been on our most consistent performances in Europe in our history - yes the league is the most important, but nobody outside of Scotland cares about them or sees them as a European force.

Another reason why it’s so sickening to have chucked the title, but it’s not all been bad.

They are self entitled wee wankers to a man with delusions of grandeur, and the unenviable reputation of being child molesters.

Whilst that's true the painful fact is it's them, not us, who are making the money from it from direct entry to the Champions League - and mostly on our good work. It's like the knife's being twisted.

As for the OP, I have more faith in our younger fans than he obviously has.

There's a weakness that runs right through the club.

Summer 2021 we should've backed Gerrard to the max instead he got Bacuna, Lundtsram, Oforborh and Sakala.

Shocking from the board and it has only gotten worse.

Serious questions need asked about those in charge as we are seeing the same story over and over again.

Of course not. But I can’t help but feel for a younger generation of supporter.
Even kids understand that teams lose games mate, no need to throw the toys out and consider supporting someone else or taking up another sport though - that's an entitled way of looking at being a Rangers fan.

He went 2 full years without losing a game to them when they also had a better squad than they do now. Clement has failed to lay a glove on them 3 games in a row and made the same mistake in every game with the midfield.

Yes I wanted rid of Gio and Beale. Was I wrong? I called it early with both and everyone else soon agreed. I see massive red flags with Clement and won't blindly put faith in him as I don't see what he has done that deserves that.

Also I've no idea what your previous name was. Why do so many people change their usernames? Did you make a fool of yourself?
Hahaha. Previous names. I've only ever had one log on here.
Granted, Beale was a disaster. But he was given a summer transfer window to prove he wouldn't cut it.
PC has had one window, January, that everyone knows is notoriously difficult to recruit in and be successful.
Gio, imo, was let down by the board, just like SG. Even though I think he would have ultimately gone down south like he did as he wanted to work his way into the Liverpool job.
Just so my thoughts on you are not misunderstood, I don't trust you. Going with your get rid of Gio post's when he was on the middle of taking us to a European final.

Hahaha. Previous names. I've only ever had one log on here.
Granted, Beale was a disaster. But he was given a summer transfer window to prove he wouldn't cut it.
PC has had one window, January, that everyone knows is notoriously difficult to recruit in and be successful.
Gio, imo, was let down by the board, just like SG. Even though I think he would have ultimately gone down south like he did as he wanted to work his way into the Liverpool job.
Just so my thoughts on you are not misunderstood, I don't trust you. Going with your get rid of Gio post's when he was on the middle of taking us to a European final.
Aye but that hasn't always been your username though has it? Pretty sure I know who you are and your name disappeared after you defended Gio to the very last kick.

Don't trust me? Hahaha

In 2011this post would never have existed and i. 2031 it won’t either, we are far to good as a club to accept this and they are honestly far to weird and creepy to sustain anything over a period of time.

We will be back
I'd like to just nod and agree with you but they have sustained success they've won 12 out of 13 titles plus numerous cups is that not sustained? I hope your right about 2031.

Let's be honest over the last 3 years we have been a diddy club to them ,⁸they look and see the same shit players constantly playing against them and they know they have us beat before a ball is kicked. They fear kilmarnock more these days than us.

We need a manager like Gerrard that learns quickly how to play these games and treats them with the contempt they deserve.

3 managers in a row now completely fail to learn from their mistakes in these games and do the same thing over and over again.
Gerrard was the front he had a team behind him, Clement has only one Scot and that’s Alex Rae that I’ve haven’t rated, Steven Davis although not Scottish has a footballing brain, with someone else? with strong Rangers blood in his veins. Clement himself will have to wise up and not be Mr Nice Guy when it comes to Liewells Scum!
When I said someone else for us older brigade, when is the last say ten years have we had a true Rangers physical person that would run through a brick wall for Us, either my memory failing, or we’ve never seen a Tam Forsyth or a
Jimmy Millar?

I think Clements mistake is to treat Celtic like any other big team. He spotted (correctly) that we played with too much fear against the diddy clubs, and has tried to push us to be the dominant team against them, play our own game, worry about only ourselves.

This same attitude, whilst great against the dross (usually), I think doesn’t take account of the harsh reality of the quality difference between us and them.

He’s trying to convince the players they are good enough to play their own game and simply treat Celtic like Ross County. I’m afraid the players simply don’t, and won’t ever, believe it.

I think this is why he’s tactically inflexible against them. It goes against his ethos of “dominant team with a given system”.

Personally, with the current squad, I’d almost rather he acknowledged that special circumstances require special tactics, and tailor the system accordingly.

I think Clements mistake is to treat Celtic like any other big team. He spotted (correctly) that we played with too much fear against the diddy clubs, and has tried to push us to be the dominant team against them, play our own game, worry about only ourselves.

This same attitude, whilst great against the dross (usually), I think doesn’t take account of the harsh reality of the quality difference between us and them.

He’s trying to convince the players they are good enough to play their own game and simply treat Celtic like Ross County. I’m afraid the players simply don’t, and won’t ever, believe it.

I think this is why he’s tactically inflexible against them. It goes against his ethos of “dominant team with a given system”.

Personally, with the current squad, I’d almost rather he acknowledged that special circumstances require special tactics, and tailor the system accordingly.
What is that system though? All I'm seeing is long balls to a striker who's biggest weakness is receiving long balls.

If they're only bothered supporting a team if they're winning, they're not supporters.

Well I only missed two a home games, including friendlies from Aug 1978 till May 1986 and for a lot of them Ibrox was way more than half empty, for a good number crowds were less than 10000. The reason crowds were poor was purely down to nothing other than a lack of success, and the longer it went on the smaller the crowds became each season. Hope was given back to the support when Souness was appointed and the rest, as they say, is history.

For decades Rangers attendances have been fantastic but undoubtedly the main reason that they don't fluctuate much nowadays on a few poor results is that we have a captive audience through Season Tickets. When I bought my first ST (The Rover for £42) in 1982/83 the club had less than 4000 ST holders. The norm back then was very much pay at the gate, probably many fans only deciding that morning to attend the game. Very different nowadays when paying £500 or more on a ST means you are unlikely to not attend irrespective of last weeks result.

What is that system though? All I'm seeing is long balls to a striker who's biggest weakness is receiving long balls.
No argument from me on that point, in the last two months. We’ve looked devoid of anything.

I think you could see a system emerging before that, fast, direct, high tempo, using quality wingers and fullbacks able to cut inside.

We’ve not had a penalty at their pig sty for 14 years or so I read.

The refs are their best weapon
I have no doubt there has been an agenda against Rangers from the Scottish Football authorities ( and beyond) since 2012 and that includes innumerable calls on the pitch favouring Celtic.

But this ' no penalties at the Piggery for x amount of years' stat- how often do we actually threaten their box at their place during our timid visits? While Fr. Collum was certainly determined to give them one, you couldn't argue we were denied a decent shout.

I'm not absolutely disagreeing with the 'no pens ' contention. I try to put these routine Piggery surrenders out of my mind ASAP.
Just asking how often do we ever get into dangerous positions to actually get denied them?

There has undoubtedly been a level of mismanagement from the board following 55, I don’t think the football side will improve a great deal with Bisgrove in place but we will see.

For context though, 55 was a major achievement and ahead of plan in terms of our recovery. Those who say the board stood still following 55 are correct to a point but context is everything.

The board members ploughed in their personal wealth and front loaded investment in our recovery. That business model was unsustainable as we all know and they successfully transitioned the club from that to being self sustaining. The money had to be paid back (in shares mostly) and the books balanced. That is a very important milestone and from a business perspective, they have done a brilliant job.

We have spent money, that’s clear but the football board are responsible for mismanaging the football operation.

They have failed to get a player development and player sale model up and running, subsequently lost fortunes through contract mis management and losing significant value in assets (players)

On team investment, they missed a golden opportunity to back Gio in my view. The negative effect was further compounded by handing an open cheque book to a fraud and a failure.

I think PC will succeed but he and any future manager will continue to pay a high price for Bisgrove and `Beales mistakes for years to come.

This years title was so important, that’s gone so this next transfer window and what the manager does is even more important.

If he gets this right, he will be up there with any individual we have seen in recent years that saved our club and brought it back from the brink. We need to stick with PC and give him everything we can as a support and a board.

I speak from experience with my kids and I think a lot of people under estimate the current and next generation of young fans.

I think its a very real possibility now just look at our attendances in the 80's when we didn't win much.
I think most will return I will but you are now also looking at the ticket prices

830 in the main stand with in 5 years that could be hitting over a grand if successful that's prob not bad investment

43 quid a game roughly where you can buy for around 33 per game at the moment unless they are going b up next season too

If people are seeing the same mistakes happening time and time again it's a price people have to decide if worth it or not

We have a trophy secured already it’s in the Cabinet. And we have the SCF at neutral Hampden in two weeks which is a possible second .

If you mean the domestic title only then ye .

For me the key tournaments are European then the national league I get that’s not the mainline view but it’s how I see it in terms of reputation and finances and also sporting development .

There has undoubtedly been a level of mismanagement from the board following 55, I don’t think the football side will improve a great deal with Bisgrove in place but we will see.

For context though, 55 was a major achievement and ahead of plan in terms of our recovery. Those who say the board stood still following 55 are correct to a point but context is everything.

The board members ploughed in their personal wealth and front loaded investment in our recovery. That business model was unsustainable as we all know and they successfully transitioned the club from that to being self sustaining. The money had to be paid back (in shares mostly) and the books balanced. That is a very important milestone and from a business perspective, they have done a brilliant job.

We have spent money, that’s clear but the football board are responsible for mismanaging the football operation.

They have failed to get a player development and player sale model up and running, subsequently lost fortunes through contract mis management and losing significant value in assets (players)

On team investment, they missed a golden opportunity to back Gio in my view. The negative effect was further compounded by handing an open cheque book to a fraud and a failure.

I think PC will succeed but he and any future manager will continue to pay a high price for Bisgrove and `Beales mistakes for years to come.

This years title was so important, that’s gone so this next transfer window and what the manager does is even more important.

If he gets this right, he will be up there with any individual we have seen in recent years that saved our club and brought it back from the brink. We need to stick with PC and give him everything we can as a support and a board.

I speak from experience with my kids and I think a lot of people under estimate the current and next generation of young fans.
Something I noticed yesterday , both seen and heard , in the City was the number of Rangers fans around it really looked like we were in the ascendency . Not seen it like that for a while that’s why it struck .

6 league titles in 24 years
1 old firm win in 17 attempts v Rodgers

We are absolutely battered, bruised, crestfallen and scunnered
2 titles absolutely insane final day, final minute whirlwinds under McLeish who worked miracles whilst Advocaats squad was getting decimated.

3 due to absolute brilliance from Sir Walter, who went almost two seasons without a single signing.

Both working whilst the club finances were on a downward trajectory and we were downsizing.

Then 1 title due to an absolute capitulation by the Lurgan bigot.

Let's face it, we have been a shambles for a quarter of a century.

I've said it numerous times both on here and talking to mates about it.

It's not fans we are losing it's players. We have a generation of players now who know Rangers as second best so when they get here they get a big paycheck and are happy being second best.

They don't have to strive for first because the club has been second best in their eyes for so long now.

This is a vital point we obviously know the Club have been ‘working it’ but that tactic is imo faltering . A new approach is required I would think .

Back