Dan Walker to leave Football Focus / Alex Scott appointed

I told you in post 41 who would succeed the said Mr Walker.

Alex Scott is also going to present Question of Sport. She is a very good pundit in my opinion but she is just everywhere and obviously looks for more gigs after Goals on Sunday on Sky went up in the air

Anyone who says it isn't box ticking is at it no matter how much they say otherwise.

Women talking about football on sky etc is absolutely cringe pretending they know the game and can relate to it but football is a man's game and women should not be presenting or commentating on any serious football show.

Alex Scott, two boxes ticked in the one go, white men are now becoming the minority in terms of appearing on these shows, what with soccer Saturday being ruined in order to tick a few more boxes
A 27 year old dinosaur? Thought you millennials were all woke.

It's weird how the thought of a woman presenting a football show or being a pundit was laughable a few years ago. I have gone full circle, if they told me Emma Dodds was being replaced by a man or Shelley was no longer doing the pundit I would be disappointed.

Alex Scott is actually a good presenter and pundit. She’s far better than many of the ex pros that get a well paid seat on these programmes to trot out the same old drivel every week.

Alex Scott is a far better presenter that a lot of the ones the BBC already employ and she's a decent football pundit as well.
My only issue is she's never off TV at the moment.

Alex Scott is a very decent pundit . The fact she is female and of ethnic background means the skys the limit for her at the BBC.

Sky have some good females like Bianca Westwood, Hayley McQueen etc who know their stuff and offer better insight than some of their male counterparts.

Alex Scott is a very decent pundit . The fact she is female and of ethnic background means the skys the limit for her at the BBC.
Much rather have someone on who has played at these levels. Thats real experience and insight. I played Highland league and they don't put me on...and rightly so.

I am 100% certain he said on the Breakfast show one morning that he is half Scottish and his dad is a big Rangers fan.

I don’t mind Alex Scott, she’s night and day compared to the rabbit in the headlights act of Eni Aluko who’s possibly the worst pundit I’ve seen and she only shades that from the northern lassie on BT sports.

Dan Walker is a fud though, good riddance.

This forum is weird at times. All you ever see is complaints that male pundits are awful and that there are folk who aren't qualified and didn't play at the highest level giving their opinions when they shouldn't. Some of the guys on telly can hardly string a sentence together. Then you have a woman who has won everything and has a degree in broadcast journalism who they say isn't good enough. People just like stuff to moan about stuff for no reason.

It’s 2021 and people still think a woman getting a job she’s more than qualified for is nothing more than ‘box ticking’. :))
She is a decent pundit (but that is damning with faint praise given the low bar that her male counterparts set on the whole) but let’s be realistic here - given that women’s football is a poor product, she cannot be truly qualified to comment on a sport many levels above that which she played. By the way, I’d use the same logic against the utterly useless plank that is Michael Stewart as she is a million times better than him. But once again, I’m damning with faint praise.

It never fails to amaze me the people on tv who are Rangers haters and apparently sit and slag us every day. I can watch somebody on tv for years then come on here to find out the person I’ve been watching hate me and Rangers.
Or you can simply face up to the fact that Walker has publicly backed up his Pacigic Quay chums over their 'dispute' with the club and when challenged to get his facts on that right complained that his timeline was full of 'bile' from bears.

He may or may not hate us but he certainly doesn't care if he broadcasts ill-informed nonsense that is damaging to the club and its support. He's bland, uninspiring, a poor journalist and no friend of Rangers. Glad to see the back of him.

She is a decent pundit (but that is damning with faint praise given the low bar that her male counterparts set on the whole) but let’s be realistic here - given that women’s football is a poor product, she cannot be truly qualified to comment on a sport many levels above that which she played. By the way, I’d use the same logic against the utterly useless plank that is Michael Stewart as she is a million times better than him. But once again, I’m damning with faint praise.

Ditto Dan Walker, John Motson, Clive Tyldesley, Henry Winter, Barney Ronay, Hugh McIllvanney, Ray Stubbs, etc etc etc

Or you can simply face up to the fact that Walker has publicly backed up his Pacigic Quay chums over their 'dispute' with the club and when challenged to get his facts on that right complained that his timeline was full of 'bile' from bears.

He may or may not hate us but he certainly doesn't care if he broadcasts ill-informed nonsense that is damaging to the club and its support. He's bland, uninspiring, a poor journalist and no friend of Rangers. Glad to see the back of him.
Or I could talk about what I have seen while being surprised by what others say they’ve seen?

Or I could talk about what I have seen while being surprised by what others say they’ve seen?
Sticking your head in the sand in order to ignore facts isn't really a wise move unless, like Walker, you wish to appear ill informed.

Google is your friend. Try 'Dan Walker Rangers Fans Bile'. That should get you the missing insight. ;)

Sticking your head in the sand in order to ignore facts isn't really a wise move unless, like Walker, you wish to appear ill informed.

Google is your friend. Try 'Dan Walker Rangers Fans Bile'. That should get you the missing insight. ;)
Why is it sticking my head in the sand? If I haven’t seen anything then I haven’t seen anything. Googling something after I’ve came on FF and been surprised won’t stop me coming on FF and being surprised.

Football focus covers women’s professional football too. Do you feel the same way about Emma and Shelley on RTV? I personally love them both.

So should we be sacking Emma Dodds?

Alex Scott is getting the job on merit, i dont mind her at all. Glad to see the back of Dan Walker, i hope they ged rid of him and his sidekick Louise Minchin from the breakfast show, they have totally ruined what was once a good watch (Turnbull+Reid)

Would this thread have 6 pages had he been replaced by a bloke?

Didn’t realise Football Focus was so popular.

Y

There's a difference between pundit and presenter. I don't care who presents the shows but I prefer the pundits to have played or managed at the highest level possible. Alex Scott presenter fine, pundit forget it.
Alex Scott will be the presenter of Football Focus.

Back