Dare we say reasonable..

With a full squad to choose from I reckon we'd have given them more to think about tonight.

That being said, without McGregor we'd have probably been on the end of a 3, 4 goal hammering.

Either way a result would have always been a momentous task.

Hopefully we have put those particular two 'performances' (in both arena's) to bed now that have lingered for too long.. & we've got it out our system.

& if we have then, despite the never ending injury plague we seem to constantly be under, we can start to build for the domestic campaign.

(Not least because if anyone thinks we are going to Napoli & getting anything then 1st order of call in the morning should be to social services) :))

On to Saturday we go.
If they smash Ajax again at home next time then they'll already have qualified with 2 games to go and might change their entire eleven for all we know. It's not outrageous to think away to Napoli may be a more realistic chance of a point in that scenario than against a fired up Liverpool side needing one more win to secure qualification as they have Ajax away, whom they only scraped past at home, and Napoli at Anfield to follow.

Squad availability is irrelevant when you have a passive negative manager calling the shots.
Surely “squad availability” as well as opposition is hugely relevant when a manager is deciding on an approach to a match.

I’m no Pep, but the level of football knowledge on here beggars belief at times.

Definitely good night this time before my heid explodes.

Anyone with eyes could see that if we attacked as we do in the SPL, we would have been ripped to shreds. This year’s team lacks the guile of Aribo and the pace and power of Bassey, with replacements either injured or not up to speed yet. Yet fruitcakes on here expect us to be on a par with a team in the top 5 of European football.

A lot on here don’t seem to have any concept of how difficult Champions League level is and their drama queen histrionics are frankly absurd.

Good night.
Would've liked this 10 more times if could.
This place can be a fucking zoo at times

There was nothing reasonable about that performance. Bar the last 5 minutes, Alisson could have been in a dressing gown and slippers and smoking a pipe.

We were brutal to watch,absolutely brutal and yet were a baw hair away from a 2-1 result against one of the top teams in the world.

Meanwhile Ajax got scudded 6-1.

It’s a funny old game.

Anyone with eyes could see that if we attacked as we do in the SPL, we would have been ripped to shreds. This year’s team lacks the guile of Aribo and the pace and power of Bassey, with replacements either injured or not up to speed yet. Yet fruitcakes on here expect us to be on a par with a team in the top 5 of European football.

A lot on here don’t seem to have any concept of how difficult Champions League level is and their drama queen histrionics are frankly absurd.

Good night.
Aribo for me is the most obvious difference from our europa league venture, there's no drive in the middle of the park and Kent just isn't cutting it trying to get us forward.

Aribo for me is the most obvious difference from our europa league venture, there's no drive in the middle of the park and Kent just isn't cutting it trying to get us forward.
We’ve had no drive From the middle of the park for years.

The lack of a genuine number 8 has been neglected. Would have came in handy last night

Did I imagine the goal line clearance and the save from Colak? Too many on here using the what if line and don't like when its turned back on them
It’s the same as people using mcgregor saved us from a doing,well it is his job.dont get me wrong he was outstanding but some of them were saves I would expect him to make.people who were denied the chance to rant and rave on Saturday saved the rage up for last nights game.i can’t get angry about last night,when I seen that liverpool front line,I would have bitten your hand off for a 2-0 defeat.

I think more could be gotten out of the squad.

Gio would absolutely ensure that does not happen though. He is destroying this team along with the equally pointless Wilson. The board don't seem bothered by either though.

Sometimes the better team and players win. Sometimes it's not always the managers fault.
Sometimes the players that don't bother their arse to track back, make a simple pass, lack composure, gift possession to the opposition and are pushed off the ball too easily are at fault.
Sometimes a manager picks a squad knowing it will mean we are outnumbered and overrun in midfield, meaning constant pressure on our back line and only way of getting the ball up the park was aimless punts up to a striker that had 3 guys marking him at times.

Yes Liverpool may have dropped a gear or two last 15 minutes but it was no surprise that with 2 pacey players wide and 3 in the middle of the park we started creating chances and we didn't look anymore suspect at the back than before.

That was simply a Liverpool training session last night. We may not have the quality but the lack of fight, intensity and desire to to well was frightening to say the least.

Klopp - You need time to build a competitive CL team.

Conte - You need time to build a competitive CL team.

They’re working with budgets exponentially bigger than ours, but people think we should turn up and go toe to toe.

The insinuation that we lost 2-0 at Anfield and there was no effort, lack of effort or lack of intensity is nuts.

It wasn’t great because Liverpool are a world class pressing team, and our players aren’t anywhere near as good as there’s.

If we pressed Van Dijk, TAA or Matip higher up their front 4 would have destroyed us. Bournemouth level destroyed us.

Uncomfortable but true. We’ll never go to Anfield and ‘have a go’.

Ajax was pish. Napoli was ok for bits. This was damage limitation, Naples will be the same. Ajax we have a chance.

Regardless of Gio's tactics etc, when the likes of Lundstram, Tav, Kent, Davis and Tillman are so poor at even doing the basics you are up against it against anyone, never mind Liverpool.

Regardless of Gio's tactics etc, when the likes of Lundstram, Tav, Kent, Davis and Tillman are so poor at even doing the basics you are up against it against anyone, never mind Liverpool.

They were only "so poor" as they're playing against a team ranked in the top five in the World.

They've got a level of ability, stamina and athleticism that makes them elite.

Sometimes, the game is just beyond you.

Can bet if we'd "had a go" and taken a 6-1 doing like Ajax, the place would have been in meltdown.

We couldn’t string a pass together and the players were all over the shop on the field due to the way GIO is asking them to play, if the board and DOF are not worried watching that then we are fooked for the foreseeable

They were only "so poor" as they're playing against a team ranked in the top five in the World.

They've got a level of ability, stamina and athleticism that makes them elite.

Sometimes, the game is just beyond you.

Can bet if we'd "had a go" and taken a 6-1 doing like Ajax, the place would have been in meltdown.
Spot on Laudrup. I haven't played at a very high level of football, but I still know that how "poor" you look can often depend on who you are up against. Last night, Liverpool pressed the whole time and that, I'm afraid, was too much for our players who are nowhere near as good as the Liverpool players.

Back