Dave King cranks up Rangers board beef by revealing he opposed Graeme Park over 'moral obligation'

Who would buy his shares any knew investors would rather it go into the club

Club 1872 will never have the funds to buy his shares imo

And as DK’s shareholding would make any potential buyer the single biggest shareholder in the club, its always a worry to fans who’s hands they fall into.

As you say friendly investors would rather invest directly into Rangers.

King really needs to wrap this nonsense. If there is something he wants the support to know about Park Jr, then say it. Running to the Daily Record is embarrassing given he knows fine well the fans thoughts on that rag.
King seems to have played a bad hand here.
The general Rangers support are nowhere near unanimous in their support of Club 1872.
King’s utterings won’t change this, certainly not by enough for them to win the day.
Secondly, the use of the Record is a massive own goal here.
Even if he was 100% correct in his message, that it’s in the record will make the average fan sceptical about its accuracy.

And as DK’s shareholding would make any potential buyer the single biggest shareholder in the club, its always a worry to fans who’s hands they fall into.

As you say friendly investors would rather invest directly into Rangers.
Being honest can you see club 1872 getting the funds the way there run the now

King sounds like he's spitting the dummy because he's no getting his money back let Club 1872 buy whatever they can with what little funds they have then sell the rest to external Investors and beat it

I can get if King has beef with the SFA, SPL, in the days of the spivs, that lot etc. But publicly throwing mud against the club in these much better days simply because he’s not been able to sell his shares is a bit off.

Appears somewhat ironic him talking about fiduciary duty given the clandestine deal with 1872 that was made when it should have first been presented to members to vote upon.

I have huge respect for Dave King, and I'd be surprised if he was saying cryptic stuff like this just to cause internal conflict at Ibrox. Just what is going on. ?

Hope Park gathers some cash and approaches DK for his shares tbh.

Even if they need to consort with other investors.

King when not directly involved in something has a tendency to take his ball and go home, and he has the majority of Rangers shares.

I'd rather Park and the likes took those shares than Club 1872 tbh. They don't and will never have the funds available to make Rangers what we expect it to be.

If Dave King is wanting to sell his shares, he should be putting his efforts towards getting change behind club 1872 and making it a viable proposition that fans want to contribute towards and in turn buy his shares.

King is a very smart man so he must know that C1872 had very little chance of raising the £13 million needed to buy his shares. Now, after a couple of years and with legacy donations continuing to dwindle, they have even less chance.

I simply do not believe that he had any expectation of selling his shares to C1872 so there is clearly some other plan by King.

In my opinion, he is in effective control of C1872 and their 4.9% of Rangers. I think that at least one of the people on the C1872 board is close to him and his opinion of certain other members is low. He described one of them as "too emotional".

The rift between C1872 and Rangers is entirely the fault of C1872. Put simply, and again in my opinion, Rangers believe that they cannot be trusted and that they are serving interests other that Rangers.

While I'm at it, I heard that C1872 had received several signed '55 shirts' for their members. Anyone know what has happened to them?

Fan groups and cliques within our support piss me off. So many needy wee men that put themselves and their ego above the club. Too many " Look at me look at me" type mentalities, always craving to be heard and in pursuit of a wee bit power.
And it's not just club 1872 I'm on about either.
I will just continue to support the club how I've always done and leave the power hungry attention seeking wee hoors that unfortunately pollute our support to get on with it.

Fan groups and cliques within our support piss me off. So many needy wee men that put themselves and their ego above the club. Too many " Look at me look at me" type mentalities, always craving to be heard and in pursuit of a wee bit power.
I will just continue to support the club how I've always done and leave the power hungry attention seeking wee hoors that unfortunately pollute our support to get on with it.
Bowling club mentality

If Dave King is wanting to sell his shares, he should be putting his efforts towards getting change behind club 1872 and making it a viable proposition that fans want to contribute towards and in turn buy his shares.

Just to add to this, he would have been far better served doing this before talking to the DR.

He’s going to get to a point where any positive reputation he had to influence change at club 1872 and in turn establish an effective fan ownership vehicle to buy his shares will disappear (if it already hasn’t)

I honestly thought Dave King was more intelligent than this.

This.

Hopefully we never have any form of fan ownership in my lifetime.

We are the last club on the planet who should ever be aspiring to this.

That’s part of the problem, same could be said with politics.

Those smart fans, who can lead well, are intelligent, articulate and will happily sacrifice their own time and efforts for the good of the club won’t touch it, as they have to consent with the blazer chasing ego driven maniacs who just want to be seen dossing around the main stand with a club tie on.

Giving an interview to the Daily Record is really difficult to understand. Poor decision.
What happens when you leave to South Africa and completely disconnect.

Has no idea of the ins and outs, we don't want stuff like this out in the media, especially in the DR of all things given their history with yourselves and Rangers in general, and their own inhouse behaviour.

The days of this nonsense are surely behind us.

What is the problem with Park Jnr? I’ve seen various comments against him on here and elsewhere but nothing specific. Is it Pedro?

What is the problem with Park Jnr? I’ve seen various comments against him on here and elsewhere but nothing specific. Is it Pedro?
I've genuinely only seen the Pedro appointment held against him.

Which on paper wasn't actually a bad candidate to look at, part of the staff at Mourinhos academy of excellence, regarded as a professor of football etc.

It wasn't a wild appointment. If anything Celtic took a bigger gamble on Postecoglu.

King is starting to get on my tits now

Forever grateful to him stepping in and overthrowing the Spivs

However, the club is in a good place on and off the park and he seems hellbent on trying to grab the spotlight by stirring up trouble

It’s clear now King’s only priority is getting C1872 to buy all his shares off him hence the constant attacks on the board and laughable defence of C1872

He ought to shut his mouth

Look, whatever the ins and outs and whatever battles King thinks he is fighting, it's not for the public domain.

We're finally in a good position on the pitch and off of it, and you have to concede that a lot of that is thanks to Dave King, he cannot be forgotten for that.

However, running to that rag and airing our dirty laundry is not on. I'd hoped we were past this.

Look, whatever the ins and outs and whatever battles King thinks he is fighting, it's not for the public domain.

We're finally in a good position on the pitch and off of it, and you have to concede that a lot of that is thanks to Dave King, he cannot be forgotten for that.

However, running to that rag and airing our dirty laundry is not on. I'd hoped we were past this.
The daily record of all papers

Dave King has fired another shot in his simmering civil war with the Rangers board after insisting he had a “moral obligation” to vote against Graeme Park’s re-election as a director.

The former chairman has also launched an attack on the “shameful and disloyal” treatment of Club 1872 as he accused his one-time Ibrox allies of marginalising the fan group.

King raised eyebrows when it emerged he had used his 15.45 percent stake in the club to vote against Park - son of current chairman Douglas Park - ahead of last week’s AGM.

His vote was not enough to oust Park Jnr from the Ibrox boardroom, with the 37-year-old businessman keeping his blazer after receiving the backing of 81.1 percent of shareholders.

But King says he has an obligation to the Rangers support and the club’s shareholders to vote against a man who had first been appointed a director while he was chairman back in August 2015.

He told Record Sport : “I have a fiduciary duty to vote my shares in what I consider to be in the best interest of myself and my fellow shareholders.

“I also believe that I have a continuing moral obligation to consider the interest of supporters at all times.

“I have voted in accordance with the knowledge that I have.”

King - who holds more than 65 million shares in Rangers International Football Club plc - also used his stake to vote against a motion which would allow the current board to issue further new shares to hand-picked investors.

It carried regardless of the former chairman’s opposition ballot and now raises the prospect of Kings’ holding being watered down in future.

But King - who has struck a deal to sell his shares back to Club 1872 - insisted: “I am completely at ease with dilution as long as it is done at the right value and is necessary to continue improvement at the club.”

King no longer holds sway at Ibrox but his fall-out with the current board will concern fans who remain thankful for their combined efforts to return Rangers to the top of Scottish football.

It was with Park Snr’s help that the Castlemilk-born millionaire was able to wrestle the club away from Mike Ashley’s clutches in 2015.

Together with other investors like the Three Bears, they set down the foundations which led last season to the title triumph the Gers faithful had waited a decade for.

But relations have broken down since King abdicated his Ibrox throne in March 2020 in order to focus on his South African business interests.

Last month, he slammed “incorrect” information in Gers’ annual accounts after it was revealed he had made £832,000 in interest repayments from a £5million loan he’d given the club.

Now he has taken another swing at the board over the treatment of Club 1872.

Last year, the Johannesburg-based businessman lined-up a controversial £13million deal which would have seen him recoup much of his investment by selling his shares to the fan group.

However, with many supporters uncomfortable about shelling out cash to King instead of the club, Gers announced their own supporter share issue which eventually filled the Ibrox coffers with £4.5m in fresh investment.

King is still hopeful Club 1872 can raise the sums needed to buy out his stake after the group announced a shake-up on the back of member complaints over its leadership.

“I hope so, all present signs are that greater supporter influence is becoming increasingly important.

“But I am concerned about the disconnect between Rangers and Club 1872.

“Club 1872 represents thousands of supporters who rallied behind the club in its time of need.

“To see them marginalised by the club and their officers unfairly subjected to a coordinated attack was shameful and disloyal.

“It is most certainly not consistent with the values that I spent so much time reintroducing at the Club following regime change.”

Leaking stories to The Daily Record is fine now I see...
So now after everything that King has done for the club, he is now the bad man? The trouble maker so to speak?

The man certainly has his faults, but one thing we know about Dave, he has Rangers Football Club at heart.
And always has.

I know our current board in general, are also doing a very decent job, but we have to open minded about everything that is going on.

Ever since what happened, happened, we have just so wanted Rangers men in charge.Well we have that now, and have for some time.

But we are all human and mistakes can be made, and not everybody has the same motivation either.People are different.

I don’t know Graeme Park, but he has made mistakes in the past.
Some glaring.But again that shouldn’t make him a pariah either.

There seems to be a real chasm, between King and the current board.
Which is a real shame, as they both equally stepped forwards, when others wouldn’t, and helped save the club.

King seems to intimate to me, that there is something going on the background.Which could adversely affect the running of the club.In the long run or short.Or maybe I have the wrong end of the shtick?

The financial numbers still scare me, as right now we are back at the ‘roulette table’ again.A scenario I hoped and prayed we would never see again.
A roll of the dice can be equally as thrilling, as heartbreaking.
And trust me where I live, this is a way of life for some.
But it’s still a mug’s game.In my opinion.

Maybe the split is down to personalities.I don’t know.
But before taking any sides, all sides have to be heard.

Both it would seem have the club at heart, which is important and satisfying to know.But have diverse ways of trying to make the club sustainable and ultimately successful.

Both can right.
And there are two sides to every story.

Either way.Let’s hope it gets sorted amicably and soon, and going forward #56, or the riches brings with it, secures our future.
Once and for all.

Actually, we already have fan ownership in the form of several very wealthy fans and a large number of fans who are smaller shareholders.
There is a difference between fan ownership i.e. C1872 in control and ownership by fans i.e. the current scenario.

The latter is the desired situation
The former the stuff of nightmares

A poor attempt to stay relevant. Dave King needs to be in the spotlight to encourage people to join Club1872 to have any chance of getting his money back. From what I've read, C1872 are doing a great job of ensuring Dave never sees his cash return.

I've genuinely only seen the Pedro appointment held against him.

Which on paper wasn't actually a bad candidate to look at, part of the staff at Mourinhos academy of excellence, regarded as a professor of football etc.

It wasn't a wild appointment. If anything Celtic took a bigger gamble on Postecoglu.
It was a wild appointment you shouldn’t have to Google who the rangers manager is

Looks a lot like the Retard is stirring the shit. There might be differences over club1872 but that runs through the entire Rangers support.

Personally I think DK backed a loser there as I can’t see anyway they will be able to purchase his shares in their present state.

Still, I will be forever grateful to the man for saving our club from the spivs

So now after everything that King has done for the club, he is now the bad man? The trouble maker so to speak?

The man certainly has his faults, but one thing we know about Dave, he has Rangers Football Club at heart.
And always has.

I know our current board in general, are also doing a very decent job, but we have to open minded about everything that is going on.

Ever since what happened, happened, we have just so wanted Rangers men in charge.Well we have that now, and have for some time.

But we are all human and mistakes can be made, and not everybody has the same motivation either.People are different.

I don’t know Graeme Park, but he has made mistakes in the past.
Some glaring.But again that shouldn’t make him a pariah either.

There seems to be a real chasm, between King and the current board.
Which is a real shame, as they both equally stepped forwards, when others wouldn’t, and helped save the club.

King seems to intimate to me, that there is something going on the background.Which could adversely affect the running of the club.In the long run or short.air maybe I have the wrong end of the shtick.

The financial numbers still scare me, as right now we are back at the ‘roulette table’ again.A scenario I hoped and prayed we would never see again.
A roll of the dice can be equally as thrilling, as heartbreaking.
And trust me where I live, this is a way of life for some.
But it’s still a mug’s game.In my opinion.

Maybe the split is down to personalities.I don’t know.
But before taking any sides, all sides have to be heard.

Both it would seem have the club at heart, which is important and satisfying to know.But have diverse ways of trying to make the club sustainable and ultimately successful.

Both can right.
And there are two sides to every story.

Either way.Let’s hope it gets sorted amicably and soon, and going forward #56, or the riches brings with it, secures our future.
Once and for all.
1. King ran the numbers no better than Park and co (which isn't a criticism BTW, the way things were done was imo correct to get optimal on field success).
2. If there is a problem behind the scenes, and I don't believe there is, then King has a duty as main shareholder to clearly illustrate it, not leak attention seeking pish to the Daily Record.

It was a wild appointment you shouldn’t have to Google who the rangers manager is

Like I said, was no bigger gamble than who that lot have just appointed. On paper, and in terms of what we could attract at the time, it probably looked good.

At the end of the day, King as chairman signed off on it

Mr King thank you for your huge part in saving our club, we will all be forever grateful but enough now!
Like Mr Gerrard’s your time is over but Rangers move forward.
You want your money back, fair enough, yet you seem to still retain a seat at the table through Club 1872. They have been marginalised, not by the Club but by themselves through undemocratic practices and obfuscation.
The fact you would use The Daily Record as your vehicle to snipe at the current board does your own reputation among Rangers fans a great disservice.
Please stop!

Rangers First, RST, Club 1872 - all, unsurprisingly, shit-shows.

These groups should've all gone when everything started to go back to normal.

During the tough times and spiv years, absolutely it was good to have outlets where we could push together and make a difference.

These ownership vehicles and fan groups banding together to make cash via proxy need to end.

Rangers are in good hands, put your money into the club, and enjoy the ride that is Glasgow Rangers.

Back