David Dickinson a shambles.

Im surprised some are saying “the first half.” He was useless the entire game, and VAR got the correct decisions despite the prick. All game they could man handle our players, no foul, then the second one of our players brushes past one of them, they collapse and get a free kick.
And there is our problem, if we get rid of the Clancy/Collum lot, we get this clown and Walsh as a replacement!!

VAR has ruined the game. That was a farce today. Sitting around waiting for a decision. Not knowing if a goal is a goal. Its taken the soul of the game away. Bin it.

Why when that's now the 14th league penalty we've been awarded via VAR this season? The first one shouldn't have taken as long as it did but the 2nd one is the correct decision.

The one thing he got right today was that Killie player going down easy and screaming. Usually players get a free kick if they make noise

The one thing he got right today was that Killie player going down easy and screaming. Usually players get a free kick if they make noise

He gave them just about every single one in the first half thought the 3rd goal might have got pulled back for when Findlay done something similar. Back to the same attacking phase type of thing with Dessers disallowed goal but thankfully they never.

VAR has ruined the game. That was a farce today. Sitting around waiting for a decision. Not knowing if a goal is a goal. Its taken the soul of the game away. Bin it.
Sure, VAR sucks the life out the game, but no VAR today sees Kilmarnock wrongly given a free kick for offside, there is no penalty for us and their player is not red carded.

3 out of 16 penalties awarded to us this season in real time with VAR having to intervene 13 times is truly staggering.

As disruptive as it is, it tells me that until we have officials who are not too intimidated in to applying the rules correctly, which is no time soon, ditching VAR is a really poor option.

The proper alternative is the handball rule being revised from the shambles it currently is and VAR be used for offsides and only clear and obvious mistakes as originally intended as opposed to the micro-managing, re-refereeing shit show it has become.

For the first 20 mins of the game I wasn’t sure what was going on at times. Between the ref and the VAR is a perfect snap shot of what is wrong with the whole thing up here. Total incompetence, neither have a fuckin clue what they are doing and the game is being ruined.
Simple decisions being looked at by VAR taking 2-3 minutes that anyone could see there was no need.

Sure, VAR sucks the life out the game, but no VAR today sees Kilmarnock wrongly given a free kick for offside, there is no penalty for us and their player is not red carded.

3 out of 16 penalties awarded to us this season in real time with VAR having to intervene 13 times is truly staggering.

As disruptive as it is, it tells me that until we have officials who are not too intimidated in to applying the rules correctly, which is no time soon, ditching VAR is a really poor option.

The proper alternative is the handball rule being revised from the shambles it currently is and VAR be used for offsides and only clear and obvious mistakes as originally intended as opposed to the micro-managing, re-refereeing shit show it has become.
This is absolutely the effect of the snide ‘Penalty To Rangers’ mantra - refs bottling out of awarding us spot kicks for fear of abuse leaving it to VAR to decide.

And a big part of that is that we appear to have no PR strategy to combat it.

There was two fouls on Dessers in particular that he must has seen but ignored, yet he bought it every time one of them went down easy.

What the fcuk was that of a performance.

Absolute bin fire of a match from him.

Any contact on a Kilmarnock player down they went foul. Anything on us no foul.

A penalty when Lundstram turns his back to make a block. His arm only went up after the ball hit it, 2 blatant hand balls by Kilmarnock players, Stevie Wonder standing in as both ref and VAR.

1 minute added time in the first half, in to the 8th in the second, yet it was Kilmarnock who spent 45 minutes wasting time.

Is this what we have to look forward to in the run in referees shitting their breeks to give anything for us.
There was one in particular with Polworth barging in front of our player , throwing himself to the ground and the referee gives him the foul. Absolutely baffling. One of many today ..

You saying that after Roofe's goal was disallowed v Celtic? Probably the most significant VAR intervention this season?

Last edited:
Thought he was actually fine today, got every decision right, well major decision right anyway. Would seem worse when at the game but when you see replays back he got the decisions correct.
I honestly cant believe this post. I was at the game so don't have the benefit of replays. This guy is a fraud. One of the worst performances I have seen in a long time. Same as against Hibs. Looking straight at the incidents and bottles every one. But as soon as a Rangers player goes near a Killie player they fell over. It came back to bite them in the bum big time when Findlay fell over trying to get a foul when no challenge from Dessers. He could not get up quick enough. But to late and Lawrence scored a beauty. Shocking performance from a shocking referee. The VAR review team should have a field day with this performance.

I normally try to give the referee the benefit of the doubt but today his performance was absolutely dreadful. Absolutely dreadful.

So many ridiculously clear fouls and not one was called and the drop ball faf when dickinson tackled the killie player when we had the ball. Shambles is underselling it

Minor point compared to some of the other issues but when did it become acceptable for keepers to stroll around the box bouncing the ball.

I know refs seldom apply the 6 second rule and I believe there are plans to change it but the keeper isn't allowed to touch the ball with his hand once he's released it unless it's played by another player.

Killie keeper did this all day strolling around bouncing the ball - took me back to a different era long time ago when this was the norm. Nowadays, unless they've changed the rules again, it's an Indirect free kick.

Assume the ref knows the rules though.

I believe there is also a rule that states the ref is part of the field of play and so its the players' responsibility to avoid him. There was no reason to award a drop ball
Wasn't there a collision with a Hibs player and Steven McLean in the cup game at Easter Road? McLean never stopped the game - pointing out to the Hibs player it was an accident - but, not a drop ball. Unlike if the ball hits him.

If he didn't see the hand ball on the line - WTF was he watching????

There was two fouls on Dessers in particular that he must has seen but ignored, yet he bought it every time one of them went down easy.6
Part of Dessers problem is he rarely wins free kicks, he goes down to easily then the cry wolf scenario kicks in when he is fouled, he is nowhere near cute enough.

Minor point compared to some of the other issues but when did it become acceptable for keepers to stroll around the box bouncing the ball.

I know refs seldom apply the 6 second rule and I believe there are plans to change it but the keeper isn't allowed to touch the ball with his hand once he's released it unless it's played by another player.

Killie keeper did this all day strolling around bouncing the ball - took me back to a different era long time ago when this was the norm. Nowadays, unless they've changed the rules again, it's an Indirect free kick.

Assume the ref knows the rules though.
Their keeper was gathering the ball, hitting the deck then getting up and strolling to the edge of the box. I counted him taking about 20 seconds. Which is totally ripping the pee - as the ball is in play!

It took the same length of time for us to be awarded and take a corner....with our full back coming from the other side of the field to take it.

Should have been an indirect free-kick in the box. Give it once - and it doesn't happen again.

• hold the ball for no more than six seconds, after gaining control* of it with their hands

a goalkeeper holds the ball for longer than six seconds?
An indirect free kick is awarded and no card is shown.

Why when that's now the 14th league penalty we've been awarded via VAR this season? The first one shouldn't have taken as long as it did but the 2nd one is the correct decision.
You saying that after Roofe's goal was disallowed v Celtic? Probably the most significant VAR intervention this season?

For the first 20 mins of the game I wasn’t sure what was going on at times. Between the ref and the VAR is a perfect snap shot of what is wrong with the whole thing up here. Total incompetence, neither have a fuckin clue what they are doing and the game is being ruined.
Simple decisions being looked at by VAR taking 2-3 minutes that anyone could see there was no need.
You will find there is more analysis when it involves us for obvious reasons! Don't blame VAR this is down to human perception and constant rule tingling by SFA it suits a certain mob too!

I've never seen anything like that first 20 or so minutes. The ref, assistant's and VAR was like the blind leading the blind.

Back