Davies and Yilmaz - What do we reckon then ?

Building King up too quick. Wasn’t great yesterday.

I think I’m tending towards peoples expectations of Davies being far too high.

Thinking that he will be vastly superior to King is a mistake imo and we could be better served in the long run by giving him starts and tests

Davies is a very average centre half so I can understand why he isn’t playing.

Spurs and Frankfurt wanted Yilmaz and he has experience at a high level, clear qualities we lack such as decent pace and direct around the box.

Barisic over Yilmaz in the long term is a sacking offence, there’s no case you can make to justify that.
That’s a strange comment to make considering that when Liverpool scouted him he was regarded by them as the best CH in The Championship.
I guess you must know better.

That’s a strange comment to make considering that when Liverpool scouted him he was regarded by them as the best CH in The Championship.
I guess you must know better.
I don’t claim to know anything, I have an opinion on a player.

I don’t believe he’s worth £4m or regular CL / high end Europa League quality like Bassey was.

I don’t know why it always has to be a new signing is either amazing or terrible.

Yilmaz looks like a wee boy and will get absolutely tortured in our league. On the first couple of viewings it doesn’t even seem like he has any stand-out attributes to make up for it either. I can see his stay being short, pardon the pun.

Davies has long term personal issues that probably aren’t going to go away quickly, which won’t just affect him physically, so also looks like a poor use of funds.
Did you not see the touch and assist last game he played?

Does that mean he can’t get sub appearances?

No, but when was the best time to give him these sub appearances - 4-0 down at Parkhead or in Amsterdam ? Down to ten men against Napoli, or should we have changed our back four yesterday while trying to hang on to a lead ? All in the context of as I said our current starting left back actually playing well this past month.

I’d have liked to have seen him more too, I’d even agree I thought he might get minutes yesterday - it shouldn’t be panic stations though every time he doesn’t play, when there are very clear and understandable reasons he hasn’t been. Hell, left back is about the only position in our team we don’t really have to worry about at the moment thanks to Borna’s form, and in the context of the last month whether you agree or disagree with how much Yilmaz has played, I think it’s pretty clear to see the logic GvB is following in not having played him.

Yilmaz will get his chance this season, whether he’d had 20 minutes yesterday or not will not make one bit of a difference as to how he’ll perform when he gets it.

I think Yilmaz is a long term project, although looking at how much of a disaster alot of our recruitment has been, it's hard to know that for sure.

The Davies one is just comical. As daft as it sounds it would be less annoying if he was just injured. £4m spent on someone the manager clearly doesn't rate and warming the bench. It's a disgrace.

Either these are all Wilson signings with Gio having little input, or Gio has asked for them and has made many errors. Either way it's amateur level stuff.

I think with Yilmaz,Gio has had a look and doesn’t fancy him- probably because he’s too small.

Davies (and Souttar) situation is fucked up.
We let Balogun and Katic both go knowing full well that the two new signings were not going to be fit to play at least the first few months of the season. Why not keep one of them- say Katic until January at least and then sell him then. Mental.

%^*& , don’t tell me, shrunk after we bought him .

Possibly Gio making a point to Wilson.Your recruitment is shit and I’m going to highlight it regardless of results.

Sure it's already been mentioned somewhere in 6 pages worth of 'he's too wee' comments but Ridvan Yilmaz is still in the Turkey squad for the Nations League games, at least we might see him play this week!

I think Yilmaz is a long term project, although looking at how much of a disaster alot of our recruitment has been, it's hard to know that for sure.

The Davies one is just comical. As daft as it sounds it would be less annoying if he was just injured. £4m spent on someone the manager clearly doesn't rate and warming the bench. It's a disgrace.

Either these are all Wilson signings with Gio having little input, or Gio has asked for them and has made many errors. Either way it's amateur level stuff.
I agree Yilmaz is a long term project. In terms of height I don’t think it’s a problem, Gio perhaps saw a young version of himself when he scouted him? The boy has got talent, his team loved him, he’s an international and he’s being managed here. Bassey was a fringe player first season with us! I also don’t think Borna has had a bad game all season. It’s a bit like when Patterson couldn’t get a look in because of Tav. It didn’t make him a bad player.

Davies is a proven quality player. The scum were desperate for him then he went to the reigning EPL champions instead. Unlucky with his problems but he has the potential to be our solid centre back for years to come. We just need a break with injuries.

I don’t claim to know anything, I have an opinion on a player.

I don’t believe he’s worth £4m or regular CL / high end Europa League quality like Bassey was.

I don’t know why it always has to be a new signing is either amazing or terrible.
And I’m not sure how new signings can be judged so quickly without sufficient evidence to support any view

Back