Decent shirt sponsor

deangers1991

Why have we never had a decent shirt sponsor over the years, I mean the likes of large car companies, phone companies, airlines etc

With the coverage around the world that rangers brings you would think companies would be lining up to put their name in the middle of our shirts

How much do we actually get from unibet?

Why have we never had a decent shirt sponsor over the years, I mean the likes of large car companies, phone companies, airlines etc

With the coverage around the world that rangers brings you would think companies would be lining up to put their name in the middle of our shirts

Nobody watches Scottish football.

Problem is if you sponsor one of the old firm the other half wont buy the product and to sponsor both is expensive. Betting firms dont bother too much but drimnks (like Irn Bru) wlould lose business.

Probably because we play in a jobber league.

Our tech during the Europa run meant hot in our YouTube channel was always in the top 20 in Europe if I remember correctly. I agree - we need to capitalise on that more.

The fact we don’t have a ‘big’ sponsor should tell you that nobody is interested.

It’s not like we’re turning away multiple offers every year.

As already stated , the value of sponsorship for a Scottish team is about 74 pence.

Good example - when we were tearing up the Europa League, in the English Daily Mail you’d be lucky to find us mentioned anywhere outside the classified results section.

Youd be fun at parties
He’s right though, our league is a joke, the rats and their mates have ruined it all because they can’t control their hatred for us..

Imagine it was all about the football most of the time, and we ran our league in a honest manner, obviously that will never happen…

Look how much we have been through the last 12 years, we gave the whole country the initiative and they took it , they hate us and I’ll quite happily despise the bastards back..

I made a massive thread a few years ago with hundreds of different sponsors on our shirt.

Check it out!

I made a massive thread a few years ago with hundreds of different sponsors on our shirt.

Check it out!

I'll take the Pepsi one please.

Problem is if you sponsor one of the old firm the other half wont buy the product and to sponsor both is expensive. Betting firms dont bother too much but drimnks (like Irn Bru) wlould lose business.
Found the perfect sponsor that won’t affect sales if they sponsor us.
IMG-2786.jpg

I don’t think that should be an impediment to getting decent deals

Olympiacos used to have Vodafone.

The Icelandic league used to be sponsored by Pepsi.

The League Cup was the Coca-Cola Cup.

None of those are more outlandish than us having a big name sponsor I wouldn’t think.

The teams you've highlighted play in countries that aren't part of a tightly knit union of other countries. We are a small part of a much bigger market share, because we are technically the same country as England, at least in advertiser eyes. Companies and marketers don't really differentiate. Ferencváros is the biggest club in Hungary and is sponsored by one of the biggest network providers in Europe in Deutsch Telekom. They also sponsor Bayern Munich.

It's a similar reason our TV deal is pretty shite too. We have one of the biggest leagues on the planet on our doorstep. Why would big companies waste cash advertising here, when they could sponsor clubs that draw a global audience!? There's no in roads to be made advertising exclusively to or in Scotland, not when it's part of the same market as the rest of the UK. So big companies will prioritise sponsoring English clubs.

None of those are more outlandish than us having a big name sponsor I wouldn’t think.
You make a good point.
It’s always been our rivalry with the scum that’s been the the drawback.
For every extra sale, every benefit, every exposure, you get in Scotland, you lose one.
Do you buy any Adidas products jusy now, for example.
International and on-line benefits are the exception though and I don’t have an answer as to why we can’t do better.
Our best option here might be a young company looking to establish themselves internationally.
Like Castore.

Rangers don't really bring much exposure around the world.
Don't know what makes people think this.

I don’t think it’s that bad in all honesty, although the simple Unibet version is much better.

I read some of the big teams get like £40-£50 million
Rangers don't really bring much exposure around the world.
Don't know what makes people think this.
The amount of fans around the world, internet exposure, computer games, European games.

They get more than other teams that have bigger and better sponsors deals

More than anyone else is willing to offer. The club are not commercially stupid.

A ‘decent’ sponsor is the one willing to pay the most

All things that used to be the case.

Can you provide any current examples?

Last time I checked we get £1.5 million a season from unibet/32red.

The problem as others have said is our league, then the 2012 troubles we had and then the boycots to remove the spivs hurt us.

Given we are now with settled partnerships and do well in Europe and hopefully domestically, when contracts are we might get some better offers. However a “bigger/better company” does mean bigger and better deals.

Other than CR Smith a parochial double glazing company, it’s always been bevvy or bookies.
Tells you all you need to know about this country.

Don't forget about NTL... but just for 4 years and it's been booze and bookies since

Not really. We’re noticed by our fans. Nobody else cares or watches our tinpot league

This^^^^

Can anyone on here really say that they've flown Etihad because they've seen a Man City game?

Or Emirates because they've seen Arsenal?

Or have used TeamViewer because of Man U?

Or have even googled whatever the %^*& 'Infinite Athlete' is because of Chelsea?

This^^^^

Can anyone on here really say that they've flown Etihad because they've seen a Man City game?

Or Emirates because they've seen Arsenal?

Or have used TeamViewer because of Man U?

Or have even googled whatever the %^*& 'Infinite Athlete' is because of Chelsea?
But you could remember them all when you wrote this post.

Castore get a lot of stick for the shirt designs but the sponsors play a big part in ruining the look of most of the recent kits. The third division kit we had with the Tennents logo smaller and off to the side under the badge was one of the best designs of the last 10 or so years.

More than anyone else is willing to offer. The club are not commercially stupid.

A ‘decent’ sponsor is the one willing to pay the most
It really is that simple. We are not with Unibet because we fancied their logo. We are with them because we haven't been able to elicit a better offer from what the OP perceives to be a 'premium' brand.

Never mind Scottish football being a poor product, many companies will not want to get involved with all the 'baggage' that comes with being associated with either of the Old Firm.

This would be a pretty shrewd business decision. Sponsor Rangers and as byproduct, their supporters will actually target NOT stealing or shoplifting your product. It's win/win, bloody brilliant

I read some of the big teams get like £40-£50 million

The amount of fans around the world, internet exposure, computer games, European games.

They get more than other teams that have bigger and better sponsors deals
We play in the spl.
You struggle to find Rangers matches in TV outside the UK.
Out TV audiences at its highest are a couple of hundred thousand.

We aim low as we are run like a local bowling club. You only have to see the two bob outfits that we have allowed on our kits in recent years to see that

Back