Declan Rice - "up the ra"

Would’ve been better if he’d explained why his comments were ill advised and he’d condemned the IRA.

Also how it showing support for his teammates?! I’ve met many people from Republic of Ireland, they were proud to be Irish but despised what the IRA stood for.

Still, he was a 16 year old boy, and we all said silly things at that age. Most of us just didn’t have social media around then for it to be brought up again!

Why? It's a slap in the face to the victims of the IRA especially when servicemen are being prosecuted for actions during the Troubles.

Are the people who feel a tad peeved at people supporting ISIS or PLO utter morons too? See next time your at Ibrox sitting next to a Bear from NI. Ask him his opinion on the IRA then call him a moron if he doesn't like them.

He was a 16 year old kid who was born years after the last IRA attack in England, do you really think he fully understood the history or true meaning behind it?

The analogy you've posted is a load of nonsense as well, saying that phrase doesn't equate to supporting the IRA.

Stop being disingenuous.

I find it difficult not to just laugh at this mongo. He doesn't even bother to distance himself from supporting the 'Ra' in his apology. What an utter fuckwit.

He was a 16 year old kid who was born years after the last IRA attack in England, do you really think he fully understood the history or true meaning behind it?

The analogy you've posted is a load of nonsense as well, saying that phrase doesn't equate to supporting the IRA.

Stop being disingenuous.

Of course he knew what was going on, and having being born in London to Irish parents, he would absolutely know the history of the child killing vermin.
Phuck him and the Provos.

Scum bastards.

Stop being disingenuous.

So saying Up The Ra doesn't mean you support the IRA?

Mental. Maybe when the poets sing it week in week out we should just forget it too eh? Just a laugh isnt it?

So saying Up The Ra doesn't mean you support the IRA?

Mental. Maybe when the poets sing it week in week out we should just forget it too eh? Just a laugh isnt it?

The phrase in itself doesn't necessarily mean you support the IRA, almost anyone I've met that has used it has done so sarcastically or tongue in cheek.

Do you seriously think he's proclaiming his own support for the IRA by saying that?

Daft thing for him to say, but folk getting upset about it need to get a grip.

Barely a whimper from any English people on my timeline.

Seems they don’t give a %^*& in the slightest.

He was on Radio 5 at 6am this morning, never Been to Ireland before call up, his dad is Irish but he doesn't keep in contact with any of them, and he is English as he says, then you have Rachel Riley ugly boot, who harps on about her Irish heritage even though she's lived in England all her life, the sports reporter who says his brother got Irish residency due to Brexit, and the bold Nick Campbell who's father put him up for adoption was iRA rat.

Gay!

The phrase in itself doesn't necessarily mean you support the IRA, almost anyone I've met that has used it has done so sarcastically or tongue in cheek.

Do you seriously think he's proclaiming his own support for the IRA by saying that?

Do you run about with people that openly shout Up The Ra? I must say it would never cross the mind of anyone in my circles, including Celtic fans in that.

Do you think people should be allowed to say Up the Ra without any retaliation or comment on it? What about Isis? Do you not agree that supporting Terrorist organisations is wrong?

You obviously must be at it.

"The phrase in itself doesn't necessarily mean you support the IRA."
Tongue in cheek murdering innocent people and children you phuckin screwball.

No bother, you phuckin headcase.

I'm out before I do something stupid.

NS.

You obviously must be at it.

"The phrase in itself doesn't necessarily mean you support the IRA."
Tongue in cheek murdering innocent people and children you phuckin screwball.

No bother, you phuckin headcase.

I'm out before I do something stupid.

NS.

Learn how to "phuckin" spell before you talk rubbish.

Do you believe Declan Rice supports the IRA?

Ah the old "He's just a kid" excuse. That piece of trash begum was the same age as him when she was active with ISIS, should we just say that she was young and naieve too? She knew exactly what she was doing and like him, wants to curry favour with the enemy now that things have went tits up so its a case of "Oh I was a kid and didn't know what I was saying, so how about we just forget this whole thing." Bollocks, terrorist scum is terrorist scum and decent folk know that. %^*& him.

Of course

Ha! Ha! Provo Bhoy.

Of course he does after his comments.

What rubbish???

Supporting the Provos "tounge in cheek" ya phuckin crank.

NS.

He in the same place as McClean IMO - his background will be the same - once said never forgotten by me !

The amount of English people with a preference for the plastic paddys in Scotland would suggest that most of them wouldn't care.

The proper fans who support the international team may but in my experience your average Englishman knows very little about political issues in the rest of the UK.

Surely they have not forgotten the vicious bombing campaigns carried out in English cities in recent history! They (the English fans) don't have to understand politics to understand cowardly murders and maiming.:confused:

W.A.T.P.

Surely they have not forgotten the vicious bombing campaigns carried out in English cities in recent history! They (the English fans) don't have to understand politics to understand cowardly murders and maiming.:confused:

W.A.T.P.
I'm sure plenty haven't mate but I've lived in England for the past 15 years and it honestly astonishes me how many people I come across who just haven't got a clue. It may be my demographic (mid twenties) but who knows.

I know we have a lot of English bears and it's not a slight on them just my experience.

I'm sure plenty haven't mate but I've lived in England for the past 15 years and it honestly astonishes me how many people I come across who just haven't got a clue. It may be my demographic (mid twenties) but who knows.

I know we have a lot of English bears and it's not a slight on them just my experience.

Sad short memories, unlike the perpetrators.:(

W.A.T.P.

I'm quoting here '....under a a post by R.Ireland underage player Tyreke Wilson, 16-year-old Rice wrote “#upthera”, while he replied to another with “my brudda. UP THE RA. Wait Till We Draw England”.

Age 16 or not, I cannot accept that Rice wasn't aware of the IRA's terrorist history. No doubt at the time he believed that he would never have a chance to play for England, so opted instead to represent the ROI, where he knew his pro-IRA comments wouldn't cause much of a stir.
It says a lot about Rice's character that he would make statements like “my brudda. UP THE RA. Wait Till We Draw England”, while turning coat and abandoning the ROI in favour joining the country that he and his pro-IRA 'brudda' couldn't wait to play against.

Never known any decent human being to utter that phrase, and no decent human being ever could.

Everyone knows it equates to support for the murder of innocents.

Never known any decent human being to utter that phrase, and no decent human being ever could.

Everyone knows it equates to support for the murder of innocents.

So if I sang The Billy Boys that would mean I support going out and murdering Irish catholics/republicans?

Does singing Build My Gallows mean that you're actually an Ulsterman that has literally fought the IRA?

Come on now, let's not be hypocritical here.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree he's a lady's front bottom for posting this, 16 years old is a boy not a man.
Yet this is the age when sturgeon and co thinks he is old and wise enough to vote for independence and to be listened to on climate change, Brexit... Can't have it both ways.

Yet this is the age when sturgeon and co thinks he is old and wise enough to vote for independence and to be listened to on climate change, Brexit... Can't have it both ways.

Don't think anyone really cares what Sturgeon wants.

If you're 16 with your all your mates you say all sorts of idiot shite, it means nothing. You see young lads going 'Heil Hitler' and equivalent stuff when on nights out. They're carefree, naive, provocative and often pissed up. It isn't the same as Mclean spouting his bile as a grown adult refusing to wear a poppy etc. Give the lad a chance ffs.

What a load of nonsense. Why post something if you don’t know what it means? Him coming from an Irish background he knew very well what it meant.
He never thought it would come back to bite him.
Gladly, I’ve never met anyone who would use that saying. Thank god I keep good company.

He is yet another idiot footballer who has been influenced by his Irish family republican views who spouted some bigotry when 16.

Many supporters do this every day.

What is pretty sickening is Southgate making up pathetic excuses for the opportunist who only cares about one thing ( his own career and making money).
Doesn’t matter if he said Hitler was a great guy when he was 16 , Southgate wouldn’t care as he would still want to pick him because he is a decent CH.
The player as stated is probably a bigot and an opportunist who is only loyal to one thing. Making money.

However the criticism should be aimed at Southgate and England for picking him and making excuses for anything any player says.
They just don’t care, if he was a fascist or anti gay or a lefty hater of Jews they would still make excuses for the player as he is a good CH.

He looks like a lovechild from the Hills Have Eyes so it's hardly surprising at his backwards ideology.

Cretin.

Last edited:
He sounds like an uneducated thicko. It says a lot about the people who brought him up and influenced him. Typical mentally challenged trash.

Last edited:
You got me bang to rights there @Jaws II
Need to sharpen my pencil mate :)

It’s actually quite a good typo it looks like a word:)), then you do a double check and go wait a minute.

Happens to me , every time I try to be a smart arse and correct someone’s spelling I make a ducking mistake myself:D

Back