Derek McInnes

For some one who was part of the 9 in a row winning team he should be fondly remembered but his conduct since being The Sheep manager and his total bottle jobs against celtic will always tarnish him.

Nobody knows how it would have turned out, half this board creaming themselves over Lewis Ferguson would have been happy though cause he would probably have come too

That's a myth that seems to have grown arms and legs on here.
There were plenty of polls where he was at the bottom of the list.
A few wanted him. The vast majority didn't.
Then there were a few threads saying we need to back him if he gets the job. But he was never a popular choice

That is my recollection of what was going on at the time.

5 - 10 % wanted him.

10 - 20 % definitely did not want him under any circumstances.

The vast majority, myself included, did not want him but were willing to back him if he came as there were not really any viable options at that time.

There was certainly no clamour for him and almost every fan would have happily preffered a more creditable name if one was available.

Derek Mc Innes was never approached officially by Rangers, Aberdeen came out publicly prior to our supposed attempt, and stated he was staying in Aberdeen, thank %^*&, as I would have stuck my season ticket in the bin if that wee arsehole and his mentally challenged sidekick were going manage my team.
Let's not kid ourself, he was

If I remember correctly when he was a player with Morton it was built into his contract that if Rangers came in for him he could leave for a set value. He did a job for us as a player without being spectacular.

A poor manager with a track record that would not make him attractive to prospective employers. However, this season there will be no rush to sack managers as cash to pay them and the back room staff off is in short supply. This being particularly true as there will be no was chests for incoming replacements. Were this not the case the team from the east end of the city would have already made a change.

Last edited:
Going to be thousands of McInnes threads if we have a new one every time they lose.

We moved on, quickly, I’m sure he did too.

tumblr_onej7ewrIT1s5uyh5o1_500.gifv

Iirc on this board Butcher6 was telling everyone it was a done deal, DM was down at Mar Hall discussing players etc

Doc Stone then posted it wasn't as cut and dry as made out and then hours later the rest as they say is history.

sheep played two games after their exertions against us
a draw and a defeat against lower spfl teams.
burnt out after us again.

Can't say I really care about him or his shitty team. But he's kept them up in the top 3/4 which is surely as much as they can hope for. Saying that if he left they'd likely plummet down the league table, which would be nice.

Aberdeen fans have been happy with their season thus far. They are missing their two best players just now in Ferguson and McCrorie.

As in most ex-players, I have no animosity towards Derek McInnes, met him a few times when he was with us, and was a lovely lad,
I have no time for Aberdeen but I think he has done as good a job as could be expected.
Like Jim McLean before him, he will regret that decision for the rest of his life

Trust me it was, I’ll never forget it because it could never get my head around it, even accounting for the fact we were desperate at the time.
Can‘t recall the stats at the time but there must have been a high number who were accepting of him based on he seemed the only option and the desperation factor.

Can‘t recall the stats at the time but there must have been a high number who were accepting of him based on he seemed the only option and the desperation factor.

Im sure it was a factor, but even then I couldn’t fathom anyone wanting him at Ibrox. Even under the worst circumstances there’s no way Derek McInnes is the best we could do.

my understanding that there was 2 things , McInnes wouldn't walk out on Aberdeen and Rangers didn't want to pay the remainder of McInnes and his backrooms contracts to get them, also McInnes's wife and family stay in the central belt and the intrusion on their lives up until the Thursday before Milne and McInnes press conference was that bad she basically told him to stay put with Aberdeen , given how quick we'd got rid of Pedro she may have had a point

The bit below is what I have been Toklas it had a lot to do with his family circumstances and the fact he can’t keep it in his trousers.

Remember being at brockville ,we got a corner and the fans were singing the sash he came over to take the corner and was singing along He's just lost his way a little.

Back