Dessers is (a lot) worse than Lammers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dessers, Lammers and Silva are all terrible footballers at Rangers. None should be near the team.

With any luck Lammers will be bought, Silva’s loan won’t continue and we won’t purchase him and Dessers will be released/ let out on loan.

Lammers just scored for the 6th game in a row. Would probably offer more than Silva does playing as a striker
Lammers was never scoring 6 games in a row at Rangers.

He has hit a wee purple patch, the first one in what? 3 or 4 seasons? Something like that anyway. Lets just be happy with the timing as it might get us more of our money back.

He was woeful for us, and would still have been woeful had he stayed.

Threads like this, and posts like yours, are embarrassing reactionary shite. I guess it has to be expected, we get them after every sore defeat.

I think we can say both are poor without comparing who might be the poorest.

that being said, I wouldn't have anticipated before signing them that either would be as poor as they were/have been as they did seem to tick the boxes for who we might go for in the position we occupy in football in general.

I don’t think he’s worse than Lammers but he’s still bad. Just absolutely rough to watch and I’m wondering if the purple patch of goals is over now the pressure ramped right up.

Lammers just scored for the 6th game in a row. Would probably offer more than Silva does playing as a striker
Silva is not being played as a striker....... he should, that's on PC
Lammers was chased from the club by the fans more than anyone
Dessers miss in front of goal yesterday should be the final straw......I like his work rate but he's an awful striker just awful

Lammers is doing well in a place where there will be less pressure on him, it's happened with a lot of players we've had in the past

only thing I will say is I don't think we tried him as a striker so maybe that was the missing link but looking at his performances, I'd say probably not

He really isn't. We have a mix of two classic FF tropes here:

1. A player who is injured or on loan immediately becomes 10 times better than they really are
2. A player who has a shit game is the worst player ever

Dessers had a poor game at RC, and for me, is not the long-term answer, but he's contributed a fair amount this season, unlike Lammers, who was an absolute disaster.

Did we need Dio and Cortes in January? Doubtful.

Did we need a striker? Definitely.

Who do we get? Silva. Has a decent 5 mins against Aberdeen and folk are desperate for him to sign perma. Even over Sima. Ooooft.

He really isn't. We have a mix of two classic FF tropes here:

1. A player who is injured or on loan immediately becomes 10 times better than they really are
2. A player who has a shit game is the worst player ever

Dessers had a poor game at RC, and for me, is not the long-term answer, but he's contributed a fair amount this season, unlike Lammers, who was an absolute disaster.

You could argue point 1 for the Hagi situation, but Lammers is actually showing something.

He was a victim of circumstance, who certainly didn’t help himself it must be said.

I actually believe too right now that he’d be a better option than Dessers. Dessers was pretty much just as bad as Lammers for long spells and we may have thrown the baby out with the bath water.

We’ll never know.

Lammers was never scoring 6 games in a row at Rangers.

He has hit a wee purple patch, the first one in what? 3 or 4 seasons? Something like that anyway. Lets just be happy with the timing as it might get us more of our money back.

He was woeful for us, and would still have been woeful had he stayed.

Threads like this, and posts like yours, are embarrassing reactionary shite. I guess it has to be expected, we get them after every sore defeat.
You think me calling Dessers shit is reactionary???

Hes absolutely chronic and has been all season

I don't think he is based on what I saw in person but to be honest neither of them plus Danilo are any good.

The money wasted on them is frightening. Our football board has to take some of the responsibility here too as it was a ridiculous amount of money that was spent. Dessers was also the number 1 target.

Aye but you get guys on here who thinks he's good because he's scored a pen for Nigeria and scored in betis.

Agree with posters who have mentioned the stupid smile after sitters.

Absolutely cringeworthy to find anyone re-writing Lammers' Rangers history based on him scoring a few goals for Holland's equivalent of Hibs or Kilmarnock. He offered us absolutely nothing every single week.

Heard this nonsense all pre-season/early season that if you didn't rate Lammers you didn't understand football etc etc. If that's true, why did Clement come in and quickly drop him then loan him out?

Except we've already got evidence that he struggled massively at Rangers. Being widely booed by his own support and played out of position didn't help, but he was hiding from the ball towards the end of his time here.

He's now playing at a club were there's zero pressure to deliver anything. Utrecht are battling to get a European place, they're not fighting for honours in a tight title race. The pressure and expectations are completely different.

Lammers seemed to have been seen as a 10 -rightly or wrongly but with Cantwell already available for that it seemed odd to spend serious cash on him.

He looked ill suited to Scottish football-he was poor -also shipped out when we had options which is not such a strong case now.

Look at it this way though when we go to the Piggery if a result was still important -would you take a chance on Lammers up front or stick with Dessers?

I’m betting the majority on here would take the punt on Lammers as I would

I don't rate Dessers and in fact find him almost embarrassing, but the defence has cost us much more than him in the last 5 or 6 games, the games which will ultimately cost us the title.
Our inability to control games, play as a unit and close games out has been as big a failing.
Dessers is at the centre of that.

Yesterday we should go in at HT 2-0

Because he has hit a patch of form playing on loan with zero pressure, people are desperate to justify Lammers - he was abysmal and we'd have been better playing with 10 men most of the games he started. He missed a lot of sitters too.

Dessers is poor and needs 5 guilt edged chances to convert one goal, but he is nowhere near as bad as Lammers. I would happily move on Dessers in the summer, but he's not the reason we can't stop Ross County scoring 3 times or responsible for the non existent midfield.

If your defence is conceding 9 goals in 4 games (3 of which were at home) at the business end of the season, you simply aren't winning the title. 3 of those games were against the bottom 6 as well.

We should've been nowhere near either of them in the first place.

Lammers record since moving to Italy in no way warranted us spending money on him. Dessers age and scoring record in no way warranted us spending money on him

A collective bin fire brought to us by Beale, Bisgrove & Bennett.

To be fair to Lammers, he appears to have never been played in his correct position but he still looked like a bag of nerves when ever he did play.

With Dessers you know exactly what you will get. He will have a great chance and miss. As bad as Silva has been, I would rather play him at number 9. He at least looks slightly better at holding the ball in even if that is just an improvement of 0.5%.

Silva is not being played as a striker....... he should, that's on PC
Lammers was chased from the club by the fans more than anyone
Dessers miss in front of goal yesterday should be the final straw......I like his work rate but he's an awful striker just awful
What 1?
He had 3 yesterday.

A top striker wins us the games against Motherwell, them and Ross County.

Unfortunately Beale left us with those 2 dumplings and the board failed to get us a striker to help win us the league.

Lammers was poor, but we need to remember that he was very rarely played as a striker while here. We had him everywhere but. He goes to a team who play him as a striker and what do you know, he scores goals.
Easier to remember that Lammers has been absolutely tripe at every club outside of Holland and all 5 of them punted him within 6 months.

Another pathetic performance from someone who is a poor a striker as I've ever seen play for us in the top league

I'm going to leave it at that as he's cost me about 5 bans already this season
You need to compare apples with apples mate and comparing them is like comparing apples and pears, Dessers has not got a third touch where Lammers has for starters

I actually have no concerns that we will make a large chunk of Lammers and Dessers fees back.

Maybe not the full amount but more than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back