Detailed plans of the new Copland cantilever section?

Will that be us around the 52k mark for total capacity?

Considering we were just shy of 51k for the last OF games attendance?

Might be worth a trawl through here

My confirmation for new seats says turnstiles 0-4 and 15-18

My confirmation for new seats says turnstiles 0-4 and 15-18
Was there any talk of adding any addition turnstiles when the extra seats go in? I know the Broomloan Rear can get huge queues, especially for European nights. I’m not sure if the Copland is the same but an extra 600 or so seats is going to slow down the process of gaining entry, I’m not sure though whether it woukd even be possible to add more turnstiles.

Yeah, that ties in - almost - with the article I edited in above. I didn’t factor in the Govan at all as I’d say that’s probably years away. Can’t see Govan happening next Summer, only Broomloan.
Love to know where us in the govan will be reallocated

Was there any talk of adding any addition turnstiles when the extra seats go in? I know the Broomloan Rear can get huge queues, especially for European nights. I’m not sure if the Copland is the same but an extra 600 or so seats is going to slow down the process of gaining entry, I’m not sure though whether it woukd even be possible to add more turnstiles.
It was strange that they used BF1 turnstiles for Broomloan rear for the Benfica game, using an internal barrier manned by stewards, yet they’re saying they won’t create additional permanent turnstiles for the Rear.

Reckon it’ll be a disaster initially and then they’ll look to resolve it retrospectively

Love to know where us in the govan will be reallocated
I’d imagine it will operate the same way it did for us moved to accommodate the increased Celtic allocation. You will get first dibs on any spare seats and possibly those seats that aren’t renewed.

No, they said there was enough.

I can see the broomloan cantilever being the only logical option but they’ll also need to move BF1/2/3 ST holders in rows W-AA too

Will there even be enough seats to do that?
The Govan disabled platforms aren’t getting done until 2026, the cantilever seats in the Broomloan will already be allocated by then.

Based on the drawing, looks as if there’s going to be a few restricted view seats in CF1 right at the back. You’d be livid if that was your seat
I’m not sure why you say that. Do you mean those in CF1 will have their view obscured by the disabled platform?

I’m not sure why you say that. Do you mean those in CF1 will have their view obscured by the disabled platform?
Looks as if there’s approx 8 seats at the back that will if the pictures are accurate. Then there’s people right at the back corner but think that might be classed as Govan east

Unless you’re on the wind up I can tell you as both a Planning Officer and Consultant that unless you’re talking about a single storey rear extension or a ‘Larger Homes Extension’ on a house then that is complete nonsense
What council if don't mind me asking

Looks as if there’s approx 8 seats at the back that will if the pictures are accurate. Then there’s people right at the back corner but think that might be classed as Govan east
Just to the left of the last disabled platform? I see what you mean.

Not heard anything of additional turnstiles.

I have a rough idea where it will be. I’m in 129, which I reckon is one of the last seats in CR5 before you go into CR4. Roughly where the arrow is in the photo I reckon.

I am seat 152, so I will be in that wee side bit. I am currently 142, so moving along 10 seats.

I’m a bit confused. I’m in an affected row but I’m not being moved.

Looking at the design there my seat will be gone. I’m slightly worried I’ll turn up first game next season and my seat won’t exist :))

Looking at the design there my seat will be gone. I’m slightly worried I’ll turn up first game next season and my seat won’t exist :))

Where do you currently sit?

It was mentioned on another thread that as of yet there are no plans to start the Govan stand next season.

I think they will struggle to accomodate the ones that are being affected in Govan

Where will the Govan ones go? There is no new cantilever going into the Govan
Been trying to get an answer to this for a while now with no success? Nearly sure when the original details came out it said Govan movers will be getting moved to the cantilevers, doesn't look like it now though.

I think the final plan was slightly different from what the original stated. I spoke to a guy at work the other day and he was at some of the first fan engagement meetings. It turned out that his seat wasn’t actually affected once the final plans were submitted.

Looking at pics above,the cantilever actually begins a few rows up in the Copland Rear and carries on down incorporating the six new rows?

Looking at pics above,the cantilever actually begins a few rows up in the Copland Rear and carries on down incorporating the six new rows?
I’m note sure that’s right mate. People in the existing seats will hopefully be able to confirm this but my understanding is that the existing rows will basically just move back 5 rows. Maybe I’ve misunderstood your post though?

It's the exact same as the Govan cantilever mate, albeit with more rows.

It doesn't affect the current CR seats.

I’m note sure that’s right mate. People in the existing seats will hopefully be able to confirm this but my understanding is that the existing rows will basically just move back 5 rows. Maybe I’ve misunderstood your post though?
What existing seats?Looking at the pics some of the existing CR rows look at an angle and are a darker shade.
I'm not in the new front 6 rows but was told my new seat in CR row D is part of the cantilever project.

Last edited:
Do the bottom few rows of CR currently sit at a slight angle from the rest?

Not sure what angle they sit at tbh mate, as I am currently in CF. But they did mention at the last fan engagement meeting that the first few rows of the current upper would have their angle altered slightly.

Apart from that, they are still same row letters and basically still in the same place. The cantilever is just attached to the front and our new seats will dip slightly below the current ones to avoid any blockage of view.

What existing seats?Looking at the pics some of the existing CR rows look at an angle and are a darker shade.
I'm not in the new front 6 rows but was told my new seat in CR row D is part of the cantilever project.
When I say existing seats, I mean the seats that are currently the first few rows in the CR. I haven’t been part of the fan engagement meetings but my understanding is that the existing front rows of the CR will have the angle of their seats adjusted slightly to incorporate the new cantilever seats. Maybe others that have been involved in meetings will be able to clarify that.

If you are in the cantilever, then you row would be LD. If it's just D then you are in the old existing seats.

Not sure what angle they sit at tbh mate, as I am currently in CF. But they did mention at the last fan engagement meeting that the first few rows of the current upper would have their angle altered slightly.

Apart from that, they are still same row letters and basically still in the same place. The cantilever is just attached to the front and our new seats will dip slightly below the current ones to avoid any blockage of view.
I'm being moved too mate,as part of the Union Bears move as opposed to the new accessible seats,but to CR row D.I can't be alone since the new seats couldn't accommodate all the UB movers and accessibility movers.
What I've read so far it seems the accessibility movers are getting the new seats.

If you are in the cantilever, then you row would be LD. If it's just D then you are in the old existing seats.
Apologies @SamEng, I missed the fact that you were moving. I assumed that you were an existing ST holder in the CR. I really should read posts more thoroughly.

When I say existing seats, I mean the seats that are currently the first few rows in the CR. I haven’t been part of the fan engagement meetings but my understanding is that the existing front rows of the CR will have the angle of their seats adjusted slightly to incorporate the new cantilever seats. Maybe others that have been involved in meetings will be able to clarify that.
It was the moving back 5 rows but that threw me.I was just wondering if said existing seats would all be renewed.

Apologies @SamEng, I missed the fact that you were moving. I assumed that you were an existing ST holder in the CR. I really should read posts more thoroughly.
No apology necessary.Im just in the huff slightly that I'm not in the new all singing all dancing cantilever seats.

I'm being moved too mate,as part of the Union Bears move as opposed to the new accessible seats,but to CR row D.I can't be alone since the new seats couldn't accommodate all the UB movers and accessibility movers.
What I've read so far it seems the accessibility movers are getting the new seats.

I would query that mate tbh.

At the engagement session, the ones being moved for the singing section, were definitely moving to the cantilever. There was enough seats to cover both moves.

@GEODGC got a seat in the cantilever as a mover from the Broomy, so there were still seats empty.

You 100% sure your new row is not LD as opposed to just D?

I would query that mate tbh.

At the engagement session, the ones being moved for the singing section, were definitely moving to the cantilever. There was enough seats to cover both moves.

@GEODGC got a seat in the cantilever as a mover from the Broomy, so there were still seats empty.

You 100% sure your new row is not LD as opposed to just D?
Positive mate.I did email the club and the reply was,as I said,my new seat is part of the new cantilever.
So they must be including some existing seats as the cantilever too.

Positive mate.I did email the club and the reply was,as I said,my new seat is part of the new cantilever.
So they must be including some existing seats as the cantilever too.

Ah, ok mate. That is news to me.

Guessing they are classing the angle change to the existing front rows as part of the whole cantilever project.

Back