Official Rangers to create new Singing Section in Copland stand and new cantilever extension to Copland Rear

I'll be getting moved. Are these new seats at the back of the front or the front of the back (from a turnstile access point of view)? In the video they look like they'll be accessed from the Copland rear but the email says "in the Copland front".

But Ibrox is no more rocking now than it was for all the big games in the past. That's the point. In the big games, Ibrox has always been the way it is. And that's essentially what the poster has explained which is why I'm saying if you take the context his point was made in it’s not really that wild a point.
What part of the UB create the atmosphere in the stadium big game or not nowadays are you not getting?

To suggest they make no difference to the atmosphere is wild,we’ll leave it there.

I'll be getting moved. Are these new seats at the back of the front or the front of the back (from a turnstile access point of view)? In the video they look like they'll be accessed from the Copland rear but the email says "in the Copland front".
The new seats are going to be at the front of copland rear, same as the bar72 seats that were added to the front of the govan rear in 2006.

gers2.png

gers1.png

What part of the UB create the atmosphere in the stadium big game or not nowadays are you not getting?

To suggest they make no difference to the atmosphere is wild,we’ll leave it there.

Who creates the atmosphere was never the point you or the poster made.

He said he didn't think they made a massive difference to the atmosphere and explained his thoughts by pointing out Ibrox has always been bouncing for big games (hence not much difference no?). Its a fair point he has made and you've basically read the headline and dived in.

Yes they do start the atmosphere and they get things going nowadays but the guys point was well explained and, if you remember Ibrox from before they were there, actually makes a lot of sense. Take the time to read what people are saying mate and don't just dive in after the headline.

The best atmosphere is when it is reactive to what happens on the pitch.

Constant drum banging and repetitive chanting doesn't make an atmosphere, only noise.

Have read a few pages and not sure if it’s been covered.
Can someone please quell my fear that we will be increasing the away allocation for future ‘derby’ matches.
Suspicious loyal. ☹️

1000 seats in the Cantilever area, should be enough for displacement?
Extra 500 odd seats available in the Broomloan?
It's a 700 odd seat increase we will see in total when the Cantilever is added to the Copeland and the Broomie.

Video in post 104 shows how it's made up. The confusing thing is that seats are ripped up to build the Cantilever but the overall benefit is a capacity increase of 700.

Might be the right time to reassess the away section,With the Broomie 1 & 2 being vacated it would be a good idea to put visiting fans in there.

It's a 700 odd seat increase we will see in total when the Cantilever is added to the Copeland and the Broomie.

Video in post 104 shows how it's made up. The confusing thing is that seats are ripped up to build the Cantilever but the overall benefit is a capacity increase of 700.
The 1st post on this thread with official statement says a net gain of almost 600 seats.
You are looking at the video, it seems 6 rows in the Copland cantilever is now 5 rows.

No mention of Broomloan work yet.

Last edited:
From my point of view, increasing the capacity at Ibrox is great, gives fans like me who aren’t season ticket holders more of a chance to purchase tickets.

Last edited:
From my point of view, increasing the capacity at Ibrox is great, gives fans like my who aren’t season ticket holders more of a chance to purchase tickets.
Would imagine any new seats will go to people wanting a season ticket, not just punters off the street.

Aye but some people may not want to move from pitch side to behind the goal
The cantilever in the Copland will seat 1000.
Punters in CF3 and CF4 will be offered 1st choice along with those in rows lost to build cantilevers and disabled section.

The 1st post on this thread with official statement says a net gain of almost 600 seats.
You are looking at the video, it seems 6 rows in the cantilever is now 6 rows.
Yes - I'm simply basing on the actual video from the AGM. That shows the seats lost, seats gained etc and quotes 727 seat gains. Whether its that or 600, it helps ( wish it was more).

Yes - I'm simply basing on the actual video from the AGM. That shows the seats lost, seats gained etc and quotes 727 seat gains. Whether its that or 600, it helps ( wish it was more).
Looking at the agm video mate, it seems to me they have lost a row in the cantilever in the new scheme.

Nearly 600 new seats after work in Copland is finished.

Broomloan stand will be later, seats will free up when UB move.

I wonder if cantilevers can be applied to the other stands . Certainly it must be possible at the Broomloan but the Govan stand could bring a substantial increase .

Rangers end/ Celtic end and nothing less.
What about Hertz,Hivs the sheep and the rest it’s not all about the fhilth,There is a good chance the fhilth will not be back anywhere in Ibrox or us in their shitpit for a while yet,

Does anyone know if it's possible to segregate the away section to accommodate say 100 Livi fans and sell the rest of the seats in that section to our fans?

When we were in the lower leagues, occasionally they would put the away support in the club deck and there wouldn't be any issues, you could easily do that with 100 Livi fans.

Plod probably wouldn't agree with it though.

So does this mean the Broomloan Collective will no longer be a thing?

We know those 600 seats will go to the UB, it's about the number they have, and as far as I know, it was only the UB that were allowed to take part in the trials, did others from BC get the chance? If not, that part of the statement is a bit disingenuous from the club.

The rest of the BC are just in the same position they are in now, though, relying on others giving up their season ticket so they can move beside the singing/standing section.

Reckon this will hurt the atmosphere short term, until the Copland can accomodate everyone who is standing and singing in BF, but not a UB member. Then the club's back to the same situation of not being able to offer seat moves unless we expand.

So does this mean the Broomloan Collective will no longer be a thing?

We know those 600 seats will go to the UB, it's about the number they have, and as far as I know, it was only the UB that were allowed to take part in the trials, did others from BC get the chance? If not, that part of the statement is a bit disingenuous from the club.

The rest of the BC are just in the same position they are in now, though, relying on others giving up their season ticket so they can move beside the singing/standing section.

Reckon this will hurt the atmosphere short term, until the Copland can accomodate everyone who is standing and singing in BF, but not a UB member. Then the club's back to the same situation of not being able to offer seat moves unless we expand.
Copland collective?

Copland collective?

Can't have a Copland Collective when there will be people in the rest of the seats, the same people who have sat there for years and say they wont wilfully move and don't wish to stand.

Broomloan worked because it was the least popular part of the stadium due to the old OF allocations, so people were able to buy up seats around the UB.

That won't happen in the Copland.

Back