Diallo

This place is an asylum man.
In the past few weeks, maybe days we have written off Ramsey, Diallo, Lundstrum, Greegs, Bassey, even Aribo this morning. Barisic may as well apply to Asda listening to some on here, Kent hasn't showed up all season, Goldson gets pelters. Sands couldn't play after 10 minutes...

3 weeks ago Scott Wright deserved a run in the team, now he's sh1te too. Tav is top assist maker in the league but doesn't have a final ball...

We want 30 million for Kamara but he doesn't play ahead of Jack and Lundstrum who we qanted out the door on the last day of the window...

Mentalists I tell yee......

Sakala looks much better when playing though the middle rather than out wide, last night I thought Gio might have subbed on Sakala for Morelos and subbed on Diallo to play RW.

Need to preserve Morelos from suspension or injury and sub him off when the games look secure, Sakala looks like a very capable replacement.
Is he not miles from suspension??

Needs a bit of coaching to help him not try too hard as felt he was taking on one too many rather then looking for playing others in or using them as decoys.
He will play and do a job but young with allot to learn, , I could see man united wanting him to stay here next season especially if we are in the CL. Obviously a bit early to judge but I'd be surprised if he was ready for the EPL next season.

This place is an asylum man.
In the past few weeks, maybe days we have written off Ramsey, Diallo, Lundstrum, Greegs, Bassey, even Aribo this morning. Barisic may as well apply to Asda listening to some on here, Kent hasn't showed up all season, Goldson gets pelters. Sands couldn't play after 10 minutes...

3 weeks ago Scott Wright deserved a run in the team, now he's sh1te too. Tav is top assist maker in the league but doesn't have a final ball...

We want 30 million for Kamara but he doesn't play ahead of Jack and Lundstrum who we qanted out the door on the last day of the window...

Mentalists I tell yee......
Exactly, he's got 181 assists and god knows how many perfect balls he'll have put in that didn't get finished.

This will be a step up from what he has been used to so far, and it has showed. How much impact is he expected to make between now and the end of the season? Not a great deal I'd imagine. He is a squad addition that gives us some depth, but he won't be a major player from now till all the remaining games. He adds depth to the squad though, and that can be of use in itself.

I’m entitled to my opinion. When was the last time we brought in an 18 year old reserve player and he was a success? We all want him to do well but many of us have reservations. I live down in Manchester and a lot of utd fans I know think he was another waste of money.

Or on the flip side the usual FF unfounded hysteria who have the kid as the next maradona. 2 games are too few to judge but why hasn’t he started the last 2?
Yes, opinions and entitlement.
The problem is that your opinion is based on a previous history which he isn’t part of?
Oh, and those wonderfully qualified Manchester supporters.
If they’re as clever as our own, I’ll spend even less time listening to them!
Not sure I read anybody post about some budding superstar though.
Look bud, in another post, I stated you could be right.
All I’ve said is that it is far too early to have real evidence of how good, or not, this lad is or could become.
To touch on your rationale for him not being a success, nearly every superstar was an eighteen year old reserve player, at best.

I said in another thread, GvB’s subs are a joke.

He has taken Gerrard’s cautiousness to a whole new level.

We only got 3 subs tonight because 1 was an injury.

When you were allowed 3 subs we generally made 2, sometimes 1, when it went back to 5 it has usually been 3, think Hearts the only exception,

Sands 2 starts, points dropped bombed, Amad 2 starts points dropped, bombed. Maybe they shouldn’t have been flung straight in when they were.
Absolutely nothing wrong with dropping anyone who isn’t performing, we need 11 players at it every game from here on in, bit of a stupid comment.

Neck and neck in a title race with a supposed £60m of talent on the bench especially with Scotland's standards actually worries me.

We've seen around 100 minutes of him in a Rangers shirt. For me, only 20 minutes of that, at the start of the second half in Dingwall, was up to scratch. First half up there, apart from his goal, he contributed little. First half at the DhimDome he contributed nothing.

The lad has clearly got an enormous amount of ability and skill. He needs to learn to play for the team though, not himself. He needs to learn that skill is no good if you aren't prepared to work as well. I see him as a bit of the opposite to Sakala. Diallo has great skill, no team ethic and little application. Sakala is rough around the edges, plays a bit like a skinny Ted McMinn leaving us all wondering what's going to happen next, but he will give you all he's got for the team.

For me, Diallo has a fair bit to go to merit a start in this team. He might get it at Annan, of course, but he has to show he can impact a game throughout his time on the pitch. He's looked like a little boy lost for about 80 of those 100 minutes he's had. Harsh? Maybe, but when you come with that sort of reputation I think we are entitled to expect more from him.

Get searching through Abba's back catalogue, I'm sure there's a song to be made with these lyrics!

Whilst he looked good at times against Ross County his attitude towards tracking back was non existent especially the first half
If that was the tactics then I can't really fault him for that & that lies with GvB
Again at the Piggery he stood & watched the game pass him by without trying to get involved - again was this tactics - I'm not so sure
From the latest team sections I can only assume GvB was not overly impressed & which is why he hasn't started the last 2 games
Looks to have all the skill in the world but right now I don't think this type of player is what oursyartibg team is needing
Saturday night might be a better option to see how he does but for me he didn't show the application for the battle we now find ourselves in & is why he may struggle to start games

Looked our most promising attacking threat until he went off in Dingwall.

Everyone was shite v celtic. The service out to the lad was dire.

Should have been give some minutes last night at 2-0.

Certainly not writing him off at all.

I think the Dortmund game is made for him.
Agree with all of that although the Dortmund game I’m not so sure

I fully expect we’ll be doing a lot of defending therefore tracking runners. Not convinced Diallo is that player

Agree with all of that although the Dortmund game I’m not so sure

I fully expect we’ll be doing a lot of defending therefore tracking runners. Not convinced Diallo is that player
That's true mate. I may have jumped the gun on the Dortmund game. But it will be more technical than the SPL shit, so would suit him better if selected. But I get what you say about the tracking back element.

Think you are rushing to judgement there mate.He played well on his debut with a goal and an assist.He was hung out today by Gios tactics against the scum.At least Give him some games before writing g him off.
Not that I disagree with the main point, I agree, played well on his debut and i''m certainly not calling him a failure yet, not even close.

However, he wasn't "hung out" against Celtic. He simply just didn't perform like many of them. But it was his lack of workrate and fight that causes me concern.

It was a Celtic game too soon for him though, in hindsight I'd like to think Gio doesn't risk him. He's not "got it" yet and it's important that you do in a game like that.

Had the starting 11 against Hearts started against Celtic (fitness assumed) i'd like to have seen a re-run of that game.

But this is football, players get dropped, others get their opportunity, and if they take it, then it's up to Amad to take his when it comes also.

He's not playing because the team against Hearts / Hibs have performed, and ultimately, he didn't in his last game and the manager trusted a few of the ones who didn't perform against Celtic to try again. Amad hasn't earned that right.

I maintain, anyone asking for Amad to start ahead of Kent against Hibs was not just off their rocker, but absolutely wrong on many accounts.

Not that I disagree with the main point, I agree, played well on his debut and i''m certainly not calling him a failure yet, not even close.

However, he wasn't "hung out" against Celtic. He simply just didn't perform like many of them. But it was his lack of workrate and fight that causes me concern.

It was a Celtic game too soon for him though, in hindsight I'd like to think Gio doesn't risk him. He's not "got it" yet and it's important that you do in a game like that.

Had the starting 11 against Hearts started against Celtic (fitness assumed) i'd like to have seen a re-run of that game.

But this is football, players get dropped, others get their opportunity, and if they take it, then it's up to Amad to take his when it comes also.

He's not playing because the team against Hearts / Hibs have performed, and ultimately, he didn't in his last game and the manager trusted a few of the ones who didn't perform against Celtic to try again. Amad hasn't earned that right.

I maintain, anyone asking for Amad to start ahead of Kent against Hibs was not just off their rocker, but absolutely wrong on many accounts.
I agree with many of your points,and I do think he wasn't ready for that game,however I do think Gios tactics that day left him exposed.He was stuck out on the right wing with little service and when he did get the ball he was faced with two or three defenders closing him down and no support from his teammates due to the negative tactics that Gio used.

His tracking back was non-existent against County, but the ability he had to take 2 - even 3 - men out the game at one point was ridiculous. He is a goal threat as well. Celtic game it was just absurd he was thrown into that with Gioi's instructions.

The backlash against the kid since the Old Firm has been insane. His price tag for United has already become a stick to beat him with. "People only rate him because they paid 40 mil for him," lol, the fact they did that is kinda the point.

Vlad Weiss got pelters at the time because he wasn't replicating his debut week in week out. He still contributed plenty that season and left a winner. Amad can do similar, if not necessarily being a talisman.

Our fans need to have more patience with these kids. They're objectively talented but are going to have their low moments. I dread to think of the threads when Lowry has his first bad game.

His tracking back was non-existent against County, but the ability he had to take 2 - even 3 - men out the game at one point was ridiculous. He is a goal threat as well. Celtic game it was just absurd he was thrown into that with Gioi's instructions.

The backlash against the kid since the Old Firm has been insane. His price tag for United has already become a stick to beat him with. "People only rate him because they paid 40 mil for him," lol, the fact they did that is kinda the point.

Vlad Weiss got pelters at the time because he wasn't replicating his debut week in week out. He still contributed plenty that season and left a winner. Amad can do similar, if not necessarily being a talisman.

Our fans need to have more patience with these kids. They're objectively talented but are going to have their low moments. I dread to think of the threads when Lowry has his first bad game.
Plenty of patience with Lowry, he is our player. The utd reserve has been brought in to make an impact so better start making an impact otherwise he has been a pointless signing. Same with Ramsey

I’m still excited by this. You seen in his debut the boy has talent. A bad night at the office at the piggery doesn’t define him. We have had plenty players over the years have a nightmare at that ground.

People writing him off are a joke. We have a massive run in of fixtures. IF we get past Dortmund then the fixtures are going to pile up.

Back