Did McCloy do what the Portugal goalie done today?

You have to check Ally Dawson's "challenge" at 8.18 in the Inter Milan video.
He'd get the jail these days.
I didn’t get to many games those days but usually got to the midweek ones.
Not a ticket to be had, anywhere, for that one though.
Despite the first leg result.

McCloy seems like a hapless character going by the memories of him. Genuinely interested to know of that is accurate or not as he was in some great teams.
He was hapless and I never understood why he was first choice. For a spell, 1974/75, he was usurped by Stewart Kennedy (who collapsed after losing 5 goals to England at Wembley but managed to play for around 12 years.

He was hapless and I never understood why he was first choice. For a spell, 1974/75, he was usurped by Stewart Kennedy (who collapsed after losing 5 goals to England at Wembley but managed to play for around 12 years.
i do remember Kennedy bring in goal when we played forfar in the 78 league cup semi final.i was actually as Stewart Kennedy’s testimonial when he was at forfar when they played Rangers.

The gas meter saved a penalty in the first leg away game versus Valencia , game finished 1-1 think wee Calamero scored the equaliser , none other than Rainer Bonoff the guy credited with the hardest shot in the world at the time had the penalty saved by big Pete

His best euro performance I seen from him was Fortuna Düsseldorf second leg away we held on thanks to McCloy to go through

His worst St Johnstone away Scottish cup 3-3 with Redford scoring an equaliser in last minute to save the day

McCloy seems like a hapless character going by the memories of him. Genuinely interested to know of that is accurate or not as he was in some great teams.
I often wonder this too about Ally Maxwell. I genuinely don't know any fan that's ever said anything positive about his performances :D

I won't allow this!!!!

Big Peter's punts were one of my greatest memories as a child following Rangers from The Enclosure. Seemed like they were going to go out the other end of Ibrox.
They didn't do assists back then, but I bet you he "assisted" more goals in that era than any other goalkeeper, including our only European trophy and the great comeback in 76 SC v Motherwell.

Not just my childhood memory, but a true Rangers legend.

It finished 2-1 to Rangers. We were cruising at 2-0 and it should have been more. Big Gas Meter gave them their present with minutes to go.
We lost 1-0 In the away leg and went out on the away goal. I was at both games.
Was at both them as well.I think Davy Mitchell scored one at Ibrox.Craig Patterson didn’t look to clever at their goal in Porto.Bobby Prytz rattled their bar from about 30 yards.Me & Gloucesterbears first trip abroad,brilliant.

Back