Did we make a mistake with Declan John

No. Falls under the same category as David Bates. Slightly better than the imposters around them but ultimately not good enough to be a starter for us.

Since he would have spent the last 3 months battling Barasic for a spot on the treatment table I’d say he wouldn’t have been able to help us at all!

I always liked him when he was here and gave us a good balance and was a great attacking option at left back i think we could do with him now

Haven't even read the post or the replies and I'm not going to. Just the thread title and yes absolutely. I knew that from the minute the boy left.

Ffs one poor result, panic & madness breaks out all over FF.

He was out his depth in a team that finished 3rd, so he’d still be out his depth in a team going for the league title.

I don't think the op in panicking at all. He's just asking if we think we should've kept a player. It's a discussion board. Sounds like you are panicking mate

Given that one of Gerrard's decisions was to ship him out, he obviously didn't fancy him too much.

Why is Flanagan getting worse, he looks like an old man when he walks on a football park, so leggy - he doesn't even fall into the category of good engine etc and nor is he even defending remotely well, he really is giving us nothing

And no, not "knee jerk" it is a steadily building trend of dreadful performances and early removal from the park.

As an aside if it was simply Flanagn or John the player - I would take John over Flanagan every day of the week based purely on shape it offers a team.
Because he hasn't played top flight football for five years.

Ffs one poor result, panic & madness breaks out all over FF.

He was out his depth in a team that finished 3rd, so he’d still be out his depth in a team going for the league title.

Sadly wishful thinking mate. Won’t be this season.

Back