Disabled Services at Ibrox

Iv tried on numerous occasions to try and get accessible seating. I'm on crutches and been told to go on wheelchair space waiting list and have to be a season ticket holder. Last game I got to was against sporting Lisbon and now I cant see me getting back any time soon. I manage to get to a away game nearer to home and there brilliant for getting accessible seating. Think its poor when I called to try and get tickets to be told id be fine in club deck

Who told you to go on the wheelchair space waiting list ( it's over 10 years long in anyway!)not the Disability Access Manager surely? That's just nonsense and totally wrong and potentially would deny someone who actually needs a wheelchair space a space, what you need is easy access ambulant seating (it actually does exist!) contact the Ticket Office and tell them what you actually need and that's not a wheelchair space!

IIRC we're only allowed 4 wheelchairs at a time in Argyle House or so we're told.

Last December after the Hibs game there was a fire alarm in Argyle House. A wheelchair user was in hospitality when the alarm went off (it actually went off several times) and he expected the staff to put into action the evacuation plan. To his utter shock and dismay not one member of staff knew what to do, they didn't know anything about the "safe space", they didn't know where the evac chair was located, didn't know the evacuation protocol or route in fact they knew absolutely nothing at all about evacuating a wheelchair user. Fortunately the alarms were false and there was no fire otherwise it doesn't bear thinking about the consequences.

Inquiries revealed it was a "training issue" to do with "Health and Safety", believe it or not the Health and Safety Manager and the Disability Access Manager are one and the same!
Health and safety training issues and the staff did not know ffs, good one. Given the shambolic treatment that disabled fans get at Ibrox and the disgusting attitude shown to them at every turn for countless years, why would you think anything would be different for a wheelchair user in hospitality?

Apart from health and safety rules, fire hazard / evacuation procedures and peoples lives being at stake, obviously, so ignore those points. Does Argyle house have a licence to operate as it does? It is a very serious point so someone should ask the Safety Manager / Disability Access Manager. But make sure the correct hat is on the head.

Anyway, good luck in your quest for 240 spaces to satisfy demand, a choice of views like everyone else, a roof over your head and a bit of common courtesy. But look on the bright side, at least your bog doors seem to work now.

If everything fails though, go and watch Partick Thistle. Creature comforts there, Rangers FC take note.

It's disgusting that this is still an issue after all these years. Posters have been mentioning it over the various boards for a long time

We're supposed to be inclusive to all, yet we deny many fans the opportunity to come to Ibrox?

This thread makes me want to weep.

Surely some kind of facility could be created in the wasted space in the corners without major structural changes to the roofs?

Back