Do “neutrals” want Liverpool to win the premiership?

I would certainly pick Liverpool over City.

City are a soulless club with shit fans. They couldn’t even sell out yesterday against Arsenal which is surely one of their bigger games of the season.

Nope.

Klopp is a speccy cuunt that I can’t take to.

I hate Utd, Poch, Chelsea and that prick Pep too.

Be ideal if no one could win the league.

Yip I’d like them to win it sicken Man U supporters smarmy chants but I think Man City might just stop them and pinch the title on the last day

I too have no "English" team so not really that bothered. However, I took a dislike to Klopp many years ago so I hope they fuck this right up and never win the premiership.

I’d like to see Liverpool win it but I think they are starting to feel the strain, City will win with a few games to spare.

I have no affiliation to any English club nor do I have any real preference of one above any other so the thought of Liverpool winning the premiership doesn’t really bother me.

If truth be told, if it keeps Stevie happy then I’m all for it. It will also mean Brendan’s one claim to fame down south (almost winning it) is basically gone.

What’s struck me on social media in the the last couple of months though is the amount of fans of clubs outwith the competing sides who clearly would rather anyone but Liverpool won it. Retweets from Arsenal fans saying (tongue in cheek) about happily losing to City to build their confidence to catch Liverpool. Random posts directed at West Ham saying all of football is behind you tonight.

Common theme seems to be the thought of Liverpool fans being unbearable should they at long last win a top flight title.

Are Liverpool (or probably more specifically their fans) really that disliked by neutrals?
Chelsea are my favoured English team, however in truth I simply enjoy watching good teams play, so would be entirely happy to see Liverpool win it.

They are definitely hated down there by the majority of fans of other clubs. Anyone know the reason? It's not simply down to them being successful, they haven't won the league for decades.

Very successful for years, which always leads to animosity in others. They were also responsible for getting English clubs banned from European football. Some people also dislike them as they believe their fans are a bit mawkish (see the unpleasant Spectator article from some years back which Boris Johnson had to apologise for).

No affiliation to Liverpool, but used to love watching them as a (relative!) youngster in the late 70s and 80s when they ruled the roost down there. Fantastic side. Won't be jumping around in celebration if they win it, but wouldn't be disappointed.

Have absolutely no affinity to any English club but I hope Liverpool win the league. They have produced the best British team in my lifetime of 55 years. A club with a great history and tremendously loyal support.

I like both Klopp and Pep and enjoy watching Liverpool and Man City as they both play good attacking football but would like to see Liverpool win it for their support.

As a neutral I prefer watching Man City (when they’re at their best), they can carve anyone open, their midfield is just ridiculous at times and no one comes close to it. Would love to see Pep lift yet another trophy as that seems to infuriate a lot of weirdos. Liverpool have a great front line though and are great to watch on the break. Couldn’t grudge them the title if they do win it. As long as we get a race to the wire I don’t mind who wins.
City are great to watch, absolutely superb when they're at the top of their game.

Will it make Steven Gerrard happy?

Yes, it will.
Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool.

Yes....I am that shallow. :))

Cannot stand them or Man City.

I find Pep to be a total cock.

Of the possible options Spurs would least bother me.

I want them to win it, they have gone through a lot, indeed they still haven’t got full closer, I think there fans deserve it.

I have great affection for the fabulous Liverpool of the Bob Paisley era

I'm glad Man Utd are garbage, Chelsea boring, Man City well they are buying it but i would like to see Arsenal (no chance!) or Liverpool win it.

Stevie will be over the moon and maybe Klopp will sell us Kent since he'll be in a great mood:))
Do you see all this talk about City buying this league, over the last two seasons Liverpool have spent £84 million more than City and yet it's all about City buying this player or that player. Liverpool aren't exactly shy in spending big

They are definitely hated down there by the majority of fans of other clubs. Anyone know the reason? It's not simply down to them being successful, they haven't won the league for decades.

The English guys I play football with all hate Liverpool. I think it's do with their support.

As a kid, I liked Liverpool and Spurs. Not particularly bothered these days as I just try to enjoy the football, whoever's playing. As long as there is some drama.

West Ham should have this game tied up by now. Got a feeling Liverpool will turn it up for last 10 and Nick it

I would certainly pick Liverpool over City.

City are a soulless club with shit fans. They couldn’t even sell out yesterday against Arsenal which is surely one of their bigger games of the season.

City are a real club fans who followed in big numbers when in league 1 - sound familiar. They’ve now won the lottery good luck to them. Do Liverpool mention Heysel ever if not why not?

If it means that Man City don't win it then I'm all for it. I can't abide the whole Man City project. They were a shite team that got lucky Andy being bought over by rich Arabs and have bought success like no other club before them.

I want them to win sweet F*** All..
Both them and the Leeds filth...
Ta
Many on here refer to dirty Leeds as a "proper" football club ?

Do you know what this means ?

Judging by their dirty tactics in the 70's, plus Bremner the briber I would suggest improper !

City are a real club fans who followed in big numbers when in league 1 - sound familiar. They’ve now won the lottery good luck to them. Do Liverpool mention Heysel ever if not why not?

They’ve got a p,Aqua on their stadium acknowledging what happened.

Pretty poor brining it up

I’d quite like to see them win it.

I have no particular fondness for them or any other English club for that matter, but it’s been almost three decades since their last title, and for someone who grew up in the ‘70s and ‘80s, that seemed unthinkable back in 1990.

I also quite like Klopp and have a mate who is passionate about Liverpool FC so, it would make a nice change if nothing else.

Definitely not! My local is full of their supporters who are really hard to listen to even when they are winning nothing!

I’ve read comments from fans of Arsenal, Leicester, Newcastle amongst others all hoping Liverpool don’t win the league. I think the majority of neutrals would rather City win it.

I don't really watch English football but would like to see them win it. They won't though, can just tell they are going to blow it.

I'm a neutral and have a few liverpool supporting friends and the thought of them winning anything and them never shutting up filled me with the fear. However since gerrard took over I've softened to them and I hope they do it

I'd rather see Spurs win it, mainly due to my Brother in Law and a cousin being fans of them but I won't be up nor down whoever goes on to win the EPL.

I have no affiliation to any English club nor do I have any real preference of one above any other so the thought of Liverpool winning the premiership doesn’t really bother me.

If truth be told, if it keeps Stevie happy then I’m all for it. It will also mean Brendan’s one claim to fame down south (almost winning it) is basically gone.

What’s struck me on social media in the the last couple of months though is the amount of fans of clubs outwith the competing sides who clearly would rather anyone but Liverpool won it. Retweets from Arsenal fans saying (tongue in cheek) about happily losing to City to build their confidence to catch Liverpool. Random posts directed at West Ham saying all of football is behind you tonight.

Common theme seems to be the thought of Liverpool fans being unbearable should they at long last win a top flight title.

Are Liverpool (or probably more specifically their fans) really that disliked by neutrals?
I'd like 'Pool to win it...def got a soft spot for them

Sick of the c*nts Man City winning it and Chelsea way out the picture a long way, hope Liverpool win it for our manager.

Manchester City will win it, they will reel in Liverpool, overtake them and win the title by 5-7 points.

No team has retained the title since that great Manchester United team a decade ago, though. So it would be some achievement.

When I was in England they were viewed by most as basically the Celtic of the south, ambulance chasers with a brass neck considering their own fans behaviour.

I’m sure jealously plays a big part in the dislike they provoked in that time given they dominated Europe and England in that decade

They’ve got a p,Aqua on their stadium acknowledging what happened.

Pretty poor brining it up

I’ve two mates via work both Liverpool fans mate and they speak a lot about hilsborogh but never mention Heysel. Didn’t know the club acknowledged it. Still don’t think you can ignore it and concentrate on hilsborogh both were equally bad. FYI as a youngster I was at the game in 1971 so I’d never say anything bad about those scenarios.

Back