Do we have it in us to beat Them on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance. There going to come out all guns blazing as they normally do

Its up to us to stand up against that and be brave
Absolutely, with the crowd behind them they will come out all guns blazing and try to blow us away, they have done it before and then know we are slow starters.

However if we can keep our discipline, weather the early storm and not just sit back then we have a chance. In Clements 2 games against them it’s been a narrow defeat and a draw, so it’s not like we have been completely outplayed.

It's a genuine question. If you think we have no chance why would anyone watch the game when they already know the outcome?

Leaving our game out of it fans all over the world watch their team every week knowing they are going to lose. Cup ties against top division opponents, form slumps etc.

It's not remotely comparable to our situation as of course we can beat Celtic but San Marino fans turn up every time they play!

Simple answer to the question: no.

There is absolutely nothing that gives me a sliver of hope that we can win on Saturday. Our form has nosedived dramatically recently, but more worryingly, we repeatedly shit the bed when the chips are down (and the only way to rid the club of this mindset is a proper full rebuild in the summer).

In the 13 OF games since Gerrard's departure we have won twice, a meaningless end of season league game at Ibrox last season and the SC semi at Hampden in 2022. I sincerely hope we do win on Saturday but unfortunately everything points towards another routine Scum victory and another trophy in their cupboard. A SC final victory for the Scum would see them equal our (World record) trophy haul.

The first goal will come inside 20 mins and it’ll be theirs. I’m hardly known for my famously happy and optimistic predictions but there’s no chance in hell these players can go to the piggery and get a result

Too many of our players are intimidated by the 60,000 rabid mentally challengeds in that midden, you can see it as soon as Tav hops over the touchline. On the other hand they didn’t seem to be phased by having no support at Ibrox.

Too many of our players are intimidated by the 60,000 rabid mentally challengeds in that midden, you can see it as soon as Tav hops over the touchline. On the other hand they didn’t seem to be phased by having no support at Ibrox.
Is that the same Tav who scored a brilliant FK & was 1 Dowell cross away from bringing us back from 2-0 down the last time we played there?

Our biggest issue is our powderpuff attack. Easy to get at a defence, when you know you wont be punished at the other end. We had a striker f*ck up an easy chance by taking 40 touches & their striker scores a worldie, that's the difference.

Is that the same Tav who scored a brilliant FK & was 1 Dowell cross away from bringing us back from 2-0 down the last time we played there?

Our biggest issue is our powderpuff attack. Easy to get at a defence, when you know you wont be punished at the other end. We had a striker f*ck up an easy chance by taking 40 touches & their striker scores a worldie, that's the difference.
Up to the Manager & Backroom staff to get them motivated to get going at them right from the start

We’ve just thrown in our annual league collapse and the week before an old firm game we’ve got players noising up the fans and philosophizing on social media.

It doesn’t bode well. I think these boys will get their arses handed to them by a more professional and technically better team if I’m completely honest.

For me, its quite simple.

We need to win on Saturday, and the kitchen sink should be thrown at that mob from the first minute.

I genuinely believe that if we score first, we will win.

Up to the Manager & Backroom staff to get them motivated to get going at them right from the start
It is, but it's that big issue we've had in the past, our expectations are much higher than the ability of some of they players. Nothing to do with mindset, motivation or bottle, just not good enough at football to play for us.

Hopefully we are motivated & get a good slice of luck to get over the line, but the severe lack of attacking quality has gubbed us year on year outwith 55, yet we continue to blame every other thing imaginable.

We win on Saturday, and Celtics "title party" expecting fans will be looking at us on level points and facing an immediate away fixture at Rugby Park with no margin for error AND an overbearing need to add to the goal difference (their advantage will be a maximum of 3 if we win at the weekend)...

They need a result just as much as we do.

Shark throwing is only 2 games away. If Killie and St Mirren could win against them this year (and could both yet do it again!), so can we!

They overturned an 8 point deficit. That’s their job done, they’ve given themselves a pat on the back and slackened off for the last run of games.

Actually winning a title doesn’t mean much to them. They’ll go there and allow Celtic to overwhelm them in the first half, then put up a bit of resistance and a slight comeback in the second half and come away thinking ‘we’re not that far off them’ and give themselves another pat on the back.

Astonished by the number of bluenoses answering this question with an unqualified “no”.

I know it’s a year since Rangers beat Celtic (and that was a “dead rubber”). I get pessimism. I understand scar tissue from previous disappointments. I agree that Rangers are underdogs, and Celtic are favourites. I acknowledge that some fans are managing their own expectations.

But no? Just “no”? Really?

I don't know why, given our record there, but I fancy us to win at the weekend.

It feels almost like the title is already out of reach and that the pressure's off a bit. Maybe that'll work in our favour. After the Beale debacle we had no right coming back into the title race, yet here we are. Maybe the pressure will get to Timmy instead.

We win on Saturday, and Celtics "title party" expecting fans will be looking at us on level points and facing an immediate away fixture at Rugby Park with no margin for error AND an overbearing need to add to the goal difference (their advantage will be a maximum of 3 if we win at the weekend)...

They need a result just as much as we do.

Shark throwing is only 2 games away. If Killie and St Mirren could win against them this year (and could both yet do it again!), so can we!
Rangers play Dundee the night before Celtic play Kilmarnock.

If (I know, big if) Rangers beat Celtic, then Rangers could be 3 points + GD ahead before Celtic travel to Kilmarnock.

I think we can win, but we need to start taking our chances. Shoot on sight see what happens, gotta be better than the usual trying to walk the ball into the net routine.

My heart says yes we do have enough but watching this squad recently and the way we have collapsed in past month or so then i dont think we have enough to do it.

i hope to god my heart is right

Start the game with the right mentality we have a chance, start it poorly standing of them do our usual go 2 goals down then try fight back when It will be to late. We really have to just get in there faces from the start and win the midfield battle

Last edited:
This is going to be another draw, isn't it?

No good to us but there's so much hype it'll end up being indecisive.

That's what I think.

Both sides will then win their remaining games and we'll lose the league by 3pts. We'll get the post-Tynecastle soundbites of 'putting up a good fight, closing the gap etc, etc'.

By that point my tv will be thrown out the window.

After the county,motherwell and dundee results when they had the upper hand I dont believe most of this squad have what it takes to turn them over,hope I am wrong but really can't see it.

We have struggled under pressure this year, possibly from missing key figures like Arfield, Jack and Davis. However so have they. They dropped all of the points to get us back in the game and short of more than a fair few dodgy decisions going their way we would be ahead. Sunday is anyone's game. As much as I struggle to connect with this particular rangers squad I know we can win and just think about how sweet it would be if we won on their patch and went ahead on goal difference.

No reason why we can't beat them at the weekend. I think all the pressure will be on Celtic and I think they believed it was done after beating Hearts. If we can win our next 4 games we could potentially win the treble.

As long as we make Them know they are in a game and we leave everything on the pitch is all I’m asking for
Not a timid and meek performance

a loss and the league is over, a win and it becomes 50-50. What nobody seems to be talking about is the draw. While far from ideal it gives us an outside chance but relies on killie digging us out.

What im trying to say is that we have to make sure we get at least a point

I don't remember them running over us at all. I remember at half time, thinking that I couldn't remember last time we had created so many decent chances at the piggery.
Dessers chance and mcausaland spring to mind

We had a lot of opportunities the first half

We’ll get a better idea on Saturday once the team is announced , Of course we can win , its not a top quality champions league team we’re playing.

My worry is if Clement goes the usual 4231 with Lundstram and Diomande in the middle we’ll get beat.

The honestly reality is I would be lying if I said I have any confidence on getting a result at the weekend.

Confidence was high and the momentum was with us for months which also put them under pressure which was telling every week but from the Benfica home game onwards,which was a surprisingly flat performance,the team have flatlined and it's been pretty ugly since which has then transferred all the momentum back to them and the pressure on us.

Would love to be wrong and hopefully this thread is bumped after the game and at the end of the season when I would be overjoyed to be getting a slagging for being one of the doubters.

The curveball would be Sima starting and potentially MacCausland.

We can definitely go there to win. To go there and think otherwise is just daft and some of these players have the experience of going there and both winning getting humped so I guess it’s just a case of what mentality turns up that day.

You’ve always got to be confident going into these games regardless of the occasion and the crowd wanting you dead. We’ve got to go there in full belief that we can not only win, but set down a marker for the remaining games and put real pressure on them.

The mentality has got to be right and I’m hoping that Alex Rae for one can instill a no fear attitude in these players, and the personnel has to be spot on. Playing Silva especially will be very damaging to us, at least in a starting role. Cantwell could potentially let the occasion get the better of him but again, if his mentality is right he could cause some serious problems. Him playing wide right or left could be a potential curveball as well, but I’d rather we stick to solidity and calmness.

Stop gifting them easy goals and we'll need at least two goals.

Not impossible to do that just takes some set of stones from the current squad to achieve that.

The last half of the game we hammered them. If we can play like that again but for the whole game we can beat them. I'm worried seeing the starting 11 PC is going to choose. I think he's got it wrong on a few occasions lately.

The curveball would be Sima starting and potentially MacCausland.

We can definitely go there to win. To go there and think otherwise is just daft and some of these players have the experience of going there and winning getting humped so I guess it’s just a case of what mentality turns up that day.

You’ve always got to be confident going into these games regardless of the occasion and the crowd wanting you dead. We’ve got to go there in full belief that we can not only win, but set down a marker for the remaining games and put real pressure on them.

The mentality has got to be right and I’m hoping that Alex Rae for one can instill a no fear attitude in these players, and the personnel has to be spot on. Playing Silva especially will be very damaging to us, at least in a starting role. Cantwell could potentially let the occasion get the better of him but again, if his mentality is right he could cause some serious problems. Him playing wide right or left could be a potential curveball as well, but I’d rather we stick to solidity and calmness.
Tav and Barisic are the only players we have available who have ever won a game at the piggery.

And unfortunately with those two I worry more about the scar tissue they carry from the humpings they've recieved as you say.

Hopefully we'll see a return to that win-at-all-costs mindset we had back in 2020 but it feels like a slim hope right now.

Last edited:
Tav and Barisic are the only players we have available who have ever won a game at the piggery.

And unfortunately with those two I worry more about the scar tissue they carry from the humpings they've recieved as you say.

Hopefully we'll see a return to that win-at-all-costs mindset we had back in 2020 but it feels like a slim hope right now.
Agree with you mate
The winning mentality is sadly lacking these days

Going by recent games against Them , we haven’t shown enough to give us confidence but it’s football and anything can happen I suppose
I very much doubt we can go there and win. But, as you say predicting the results of Old Firm games has never been an exact science. There have been many occasions when the fancied/form team have lost. That said, it will take a Herculean effort from a very limited bunch of players to make this happen. We all live in hope.

WATP. 5 - 0 Rangers.

I don't think either of the 2 sides are up to much and that's what makes me think we can win the game if we don't make any stupid mistakes.
They are only favourites because they are at home.They are certainly not good things to win the match.

Yes we do.

The pressure is on them, in everyone’s heads we’ve already blown the league, the expectations going into this are pretty low already.

They on the other hand will be humiliated if they lose. Just 2 weeks ago they threw it away against the sheep.

Just get behind the team and ditch the negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back