Do you do this leaving Ibrox . . .

Have done it for 30+ years, when I was younger I said I'll stop going to Ibrox when I can't touch the exit on the way out. Now I'm auld and stiff I've had to change that view!

This thread is offensive to midgets.
W7DdIsc.gif

I do it. Every time, part habit but partly because you just never know when your last time will be.

I’m also very aware that the ‘temporary repair piece of plywood’ that I regularly tap has been there easily 25 years now.

Always have, although it has been too many years to mention since I left Ibrox, hope to do it again one day soon

Reactions: VGM
Yes. use the Copland rear exit closest to the Rangers shop. Hit the first one at the bottom of the stairs twice then the second one just as I am leaving once. that may be the last time I ever touch Ibrox

Always - purely because when I went to my 1st game at 3 or 4 my dad lifted me up to copy all the other people. one of my first memories of Ibrox and that day I knew I was part of the greatest support in the world.

Keep that tradition up and it always takes me back to that 1st time

I always did bit when there was a lintel to chap. Last time I was at Ibrox I kissed a brick in the front wall. I am 77 and still breathing.

Couple of the lads I often go with do it, I've never felt the urge to reach up and hit it/touch it myself though.

Not really got any weird superstitions or anything or feelings that doing a certain thing is lucky or important, one of the lads has a thing about walking over three drains and shit like that being unlucky.

I walk over them to piss him off.

Every time. Funny how superstitions/gestures develop. We probably each have our own version. For me, leaving Govan Rear, it’s a soft double tap with my right hand. One tap wouldn’t feel right. No idea why! :))

Yep guilty . I also took my boy to his first game (actually his 2nd but he doesn’t remember) against Spurs and he asked me why I did it and I just said because you never know when you’ll be back. I then took him to the USG game a couple of weeks later and as we were leaving he asked me to lift him up so he could do it. Was a genuinely lovely moment after a brilliant result and I’ll never forget it. he’s only 9 but he gets it.

Yes, left hand touches the number 9 above the door at BF1 every time I leave the stadium.

I don't but I've enjoyed watching my boy try it as a kid of say 7 years of old try and copy others doing it via a run and jump.
He's 17 now and never leaves without doing it.

I suppose I'm superstitious, so don't do it. To me it's like temping fate, I'll see you later, but I might not.

Yes every time, I was told by a tour guide that it was started by Terry Butcher after he put a picture of the queen above the dressing room door, which I found a bit odd as I was told by my father that waddle started it after the Copland Road stand was completed as a memory to the 66 when he was addressing the players and tapped the door frame as to say this is Ibrox.

Did it the odd, more of a pat. I saw a fella at one game whack it so hard I’d surprised he didn’t break his hand. Probably off his head on juice or talc so didn’t notice.

No, never done it. Don’t mind people doing it, but I don’t get why people need to hit it with considerable force.

Done it every game for past twenty years. My kids watched me do it and asked for me to lift them up to tap the roof and now they are tall enough to do it themselves

Back