Do you still have faith in Phil?

Will Phil get this right?

• Total voters
Who the fucks John walker
Another pretend journo
Clements previous clubs he had fast wingers
And decent midfielders

We don't have the players to play the style he wants and basically just trying to win by Aby means
Walter Smith used to do it he didn't exactly have a style
So because he’s had fast wingers at his previous club(s), it’s okay to continue playing the same way time and time again even though you DON’T have those players at this club?

With all respect, that’s absolutely fucking mental.

He hasn’t been able to adapt, it’s a huge concern.

When the tims are calling him the baldy Beale then you’ve got to wonder. Big red flags starting to appear for me now.
We had daft names for Postecoglou and he won a treble ffs.

If Clement never came in do you think Beale would have got to the point where it was a title race?

So because he’s had fast wingers at his previous club(s), it’s okay to continue playing the same way time and time again even though you DON’T have those players at this club?

He's been trying to adapt obviously hence the long balls

The same was said about Pedro and Beale. If you can't get results in the old firm games there is always going to be pressure. Gerrard took to his second game to get a result against them, that's what is needed to get given time.

The difference being Clement has won League Championships in Countries we've actually heard of

At least got to give him a chance and if we fails ith his own players then so be it, but currently we have mentalists on here wanting him sacked after a 1 transfers window when its notoriously difficult to get players

I'm not backing 100% of course there are a few worries but we have to give him a chance

He must get a chance to get shot of the dross and rebuild in the summer it’s the only way forward now.

He’s got 2 games to get his team for the SCF it’s a must win he must get the monkey of his back going into the summer.

I would be willing to stake my house and every dime I possess on us looking for a new manager before Xmas this year.

I can't make up my mind if people are just trying to out do each other with negative posts or just hoping it all does go wrong so they can sit on their high horse and say I told you so

I also got a permanent ban from the old board saying the very same about Warburton, I was only a couple of months out ;)

Pretty sure they both had plenty of injury problems and pretty sure Gio won a trophy - and actually beat Celtic along the way which Phil didn't have to.

His league record is now worse than Beale's, only difference is Celtic didn't drop any points last season to allow Beale to close the gap.
Thats only half the story though to suit your narrative, the 2nd half of the Beale story is more damning, entire transfer budget wasted and mismanaged with lop sided signings full of misfits, clearly never conducted even the most basic of pre season programmes for the players, humiliated at CL qualifying stage, lost 3 games in a week, players not following instructions from him, over complicated playing style left our players confused and season in tatters. All clearly visible in the opening OF game when it was evident not 1 player knew their role and would run through a wall for him.
If that chain of events follows Clement through the summer and he doesn't nail the fitness/injury shitshow, doesn't nail his transfer business, can't get us competitive in Europe and loses 3 games on the bounce then I'll take your point.
Im also of the opinions n the players are showing desire for him and following instructions, sadly for all of us they are just shit and need replaced

He’s no better than Gio

In fact he is worse

He is better than Beale
Clement needs time to put his stamp on the team. I don't think even Pep Guardiola could get a tune out these players. Fact is many are just playing their ticket and thieving a wage out our club. They have their eyes set of a bumper payday signing on fee with other clubs.

Thats only half the story though to suit your narrative, the 2nd half of the Beale story is more damning, entire transfer budget wasted and mismanaged with lop sided signings full of misfits, clearly never conducted even the most basic of pre season programmes for the players, humiliated at CL qualifying stage, lost 3 games in a week, players not following instructions from him, over complicated playing style left our players confused and season in tatters. All clearly visible in the opening OF game when it was evident not 1 player knew their role and would run through a wall for him.
If that chain of events follows Clement through the summer and he doesn't nail the fitness/injury shitshow, doesn't nail his transfer business, can't get us competitive in Europe and loses 3 games on the bounce then I'll take your point.
Im also of the opinions n the players are showing desire for him and following instructions, sadly for all of us they are just shit and need replaced

Clement highlight that, said he'd never worked with a bunch of players so out of condition during a season, also noticed players not following Clements instructions either a few times

We definitely need fresh start squad wise

Agree with all that - that's why my first post in the thread said "when they first took over", i.e. from Oct/Nov to the end of the season. He's pretty much done what both previous managers did, got a bounce out of them for a decent run of games but ultimately not enough. And the worryingly familiar pattern for me is the performances against Celtic.

The difference being Clement has won League Championships in Countries we've actually heard of

At least got to give him a chance and if we fails ith his own players then so be it, but currently we have mentalists on here wanting him sacked after a 1 transfers window when its notoriously difficult to get players

I'm not backing 100% of course there are a few worries but we have to give him a chance
Gio had won the Dutch league but couldn't seem to turn domestic fortunes. We seem to be stuck in a cycle of appointing someone Oct/ Nov. Watch them struggle in old firms and then start the next season expecting it all to change.

For all the people saying they are backing the manager if we don't win the first old firm next season and continue dropping points to the likes of Motherwell, Dundee and County they will start demanding a change and we end up with another mid season write off and then the same arguments again about not judging the next manager until he gets his own players in. He needs a result in the final to show he has a plan to beat them.

He signed Cortes who looked good until injury, he also started to get a tune out of Matondo but again injured. Sima our best outfield player injured. You surely must see him persevering with Dessers and using Sterling as a wide player that he has a adapted based on the style of player he inherited and any chance for him to change has been done in with injuries

I can't make up my mind if people are just trying to out do each other with negative posts or just hoping it all does go wrong so they can sit on their high horse and say I told you so

I also got a permanent ban from the old board saying the very same about Warburton, I was only a couple of months out ;)
There are a slew of negative posts, that much is true, watching your rivals rack up their 12th title in 13 years kind of leads to negativity though, with a heavy dose of realism thrown in too I may add.

There's alarm bells for sure, but willing to give him time to bring in his own players. He inherited a shambles and turned it around. But not unconvinced that wasn't just a New Manager Bounce. Seems to be alienating players and not getting the best out of quite a few and selecting ones that have no right to play.

He's no problem upsetting and dropping some players, like Cantwell for example, but won't do it for players who have clearly called it in and are not giving anything near enough, like Lundstram, Borna etc.

He's kind of all over the place at the moment.

The manager came in and inherited a shambles. Managed to win a trophy and claw our way back in to the title race.

3 games against that mob have shown the same set up and the same issues.

Warning signs for me are the lack of any noticeable game plan (other than long ball) and zero tactical tweaks with like for like subs.

We’ve been decimated by injuries and he’s still working with players he probably doesn’t have on the long term plans but what’s the consensus?

Few concerns there for me but we need to back him with his own players.
We as a club need to stop this pish of kneejerking of moving managers on without giving them a fair crack of the whip, I was astonished when Gio was sacked as he wasn’t really allowed to change the squads main players and our current manager has the same issues with the same players just they’re now 18 months older.

Gerrard got time to build his squad into a winning one then left. There’s exceptions and we have had two managers who should never have been near a SPL club never mind Rangers but that’s the head of the football department that needed looked at rather than the two Amigos.

He signed Cortes who looked good until injury, he also started to get a tune out of Matondo but again injured. Sima our best outfield player injured. You surely must see him persevering with Dessers and using Sterling as a wide player that he has a adapted based on the style of player he inherited and any chance for him to change has been done in with injuries
Play a bit more narrow then, and utilise the fullbacks?

You get laughed at on here for suggesting a 352 or a 343, but if you’ve got three central defenders available, two attacking fullbacks and no wingers then why can’t that be an option?

The lack of flexibility is a huge concern for me.

Even a three sitting in midfield yesterday with two strikers and a ten would have better suited the players available in my opinion, but no - same old.

I would rather judge when he has a full strength 11 out on the park against them, and many others. He came into a shitshow, and has had players fighting for the treatment table like it’s the last lounger at the pool with no towel on it.
He has to have a full season with his additions and then if he doesn’t beat the filth, and take the title, he is unlikely to see another season, but to ditch him anywhere along the line before is hampering the club, and handing them another title!

The squad we had available today was easily capable of playing in a different shape. Even the starting 11. But he went with the same 4-2-3-1 that's had us dominated in midfield the last 2 games against them. Nothing to do with getting his own players, he just stubbornly played the same way again and got the same outcome.
This I agree with. And I'll say it again the fact he put himself before club, team and possibly winning by leaving Cantwell on the bench is very disturbing to me. Walter Smith, I can see him dropping Gazza to the bench cause he was a tool rather than beat them in a must win for the league. I'm still trying to get over that. Regardless of your thought on TC he is miles ahead of what we had yesterday. Phil got yesterday totally wrong regardless of injuries. McInnes can go there with his boys and hold these rats back for longer than we can, Livingston too

We have to back him. I think he's the right guy to knock the team into shape for the next guy, if that makes sense. We need someone with a bit of steel like PC to end the cycle that everyone is sick of and leave the club on a better footing.

Back