Docherty update on Rocksport .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why such big threads about Docherty? I still don’t understand the hype, as I’ve yet to actually see the lad in person. He’s not exactly going to win us the title single handily.

I hope I’m wrong tho

Why such big threads about Docherty? I still don’t understand the hype, as I’ve yet to actually see the lad in person. He’s not exactly going to win us the title single handily.

I hope I’m wrong tho

You can't really comment about the hype on a player you've admitted you've never seen :D

Nah. In all seriousness, I think people are encouraged at the prospect of signing a player who appears to have a lot to offer and one who knows the club and the league.

We are not after Messi, but we are after a good young Scottish player who will improve our first 11 and that's all we've been asking for. Yes there has to be a sense of realism in terms of the expectation on the lad, but the potential is there and for £600k (if true) it doesn't seem a bad deal and would be a shame to lose out on him to an English club at that price.

I hope I’m wrong tho

Maybe you should watch him before questioning the Hype. He created both goals against us when they beat us at Ibrox with ball winning, direct running and precision passing has been doing against sides all season.

Last edited:
If it was it was because the board wouldn’t back him. His tweets were for me accurate even if ill advised. The board should have simply rode out the storm.

I don't know what the boards position was but if I remember correctly Chris said in his statement he was standing down as he didn't want the issue to in any way interfere with what the board were trying to achieve. Words to that effect anyway.

I reckon some of the fans 'desperate' for him to sign, are mainly of that ideology because it appears that we are failures as a club for failing to get it through - and for no other reason.
As previously stated by others, many of us (myself included) are pretty oblivious to his talents and after the great dealings we have done in the transfer window so far, if this one doesn't go through - so be it.
I don't anticipate a massive queue of Bears at the Erskine Bridge - just some mock outrage on the forum for a few hours.

How dare you come on here posting common sense. People like you have no place here.

Maybe you should watch him before questioning the Hype. He created both goals against us when they beat us at Ibrox with ball winning, direct running and precision passing has been doing against sides all season.

O’Halloran destroyed us at Ibrox in the cup before we signed him. He’s awful

My boss in work is desperate for us not to get this one, he rates Docherty highly. (boss is a rabid tim)

Those teams are not a consideration for him. You go there when your career has stalled....not when it's about to get really exciting.
Cardiff could get promoted though so that would be an attraction for players, not for our Docherty though.

It is torture waiting for these things to come through :D

I really hope we sign him, he's a very promising midfielder. But logging on here every 30 minutes hoping for an update and seeing nothing drives me mad!

That was my understanding as well. From memory Chris decided to step down rather than have Rangers associated with his retweet of the Prophet Mohammed cartoon. Given that C1872 has received a mandate to request a seat on the board, I could think of a lot worse than nominating Chris to represent C1872. Would be a GIRFUY to the Scottish press!
Totally behind you on this one mate.

So the rumours last night were that the deal was close, our 2nd bid wasn't too far away, we remain in dialogue & were expected to go back in with a 3rd bid shortly?

Surely we'd hear something today if the above was accurate? Wouldn't take too long to iron out the remaining terms if we were as close as suggested.

If this drags on for another few days you have to start wondering whether or not this deal is actually gonna happen. Feeling uneasy.

I reckon some of the fans 'desperate' for him to sign, are mainly of that ideology because it appears that we are failures as a club for failing to get it through - and for no other reason.
As previously stated by others, many of us (myself included) are pretty oblivious to his talents and after the great dealings we have done in the transfer window so far, if this one doesn't go through - so be it.
I don't anticipate a massive queue of Bears at the Erskine Bridge - just some mock outrage on the forum for a few hours.
I would imagine the ones going Tonto are from the same part of the country and either know the boy or
knows someone who does. We all want this to go through and need to let the process take its course.

It’s strange that we can spend days locked in talks with Hamilton only to submit another low offer. Pretty pointless exercise.

If the rumours last night of us bidding £500k and Hamilton not budging at £600k then it’s embarrassing that’s he’s not yet a Rangers player.

Stayed off forum all day thought he should be singed by now .
Had my welcome to the most successful team in the world ready to go but nope not over the line yet.
Oh well back to checking every half hour

I might just try ignore everything until I see a "Welcome Greg Docherty thread". Seems to constantly change from imminent to still got some stuff to work out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back