Does the Managers position change if we win the next 5 games?

finners

I think from reading other posts that a lot of Bears think that it is when, not if as to when Pedro leaves

So is it all over for him? Are we expecting gone before Wednesday?

If not , what occurs if we win the next 5 games against - Killie, Hearts, PTFC, Hamilton and Dundee? - Ever the optimist.

Would we then be waiting to see how we perform against the Sheep?

100% changes, any manager in trouble would buy some time with 5 wins in a row.

But realistically, there's no chance.

One game at a time. What's certain is that we need to get into the habit with winning regularly starting with the Wednesday game.

He hasn’t won 3 games on the bounce yet .lets get Wednesday out the way and see if his comments on the players performance have given him the desired reaction.if the players don’t, then it’s safe to say he will need to go as the players won’t have backed him.

Not really.

It’d offer some encouragement, but unless we maintained it against Aberdeen, taking at least 4 points from those two matches, it’s not going to save him on its own.

Anyway, we’ve already had this next 5 games post this season . . . probably more than once.

How many times can we keep saying 'if he wins the next....'

After the European shambles we said it, we had to come out the traps flying in the league. It never happened.

If we beat the mhanks.... it never happened.

If we win a cup.... already pumped out by Motherwell.

Time to face facts. He was given a far bigger budget than we imagined and we are, at best, marginally better than last year.

He needs to go, the results are poor, perfirmances are poor, signings have mostly been a let down and now hes publicly slating his players when it should be kept in house. Given his Vegas patter a couple of weeks back its staggering he is going down this route.

Nothing is going to plan, and he cannot win 3 games on the bounce. We are struggling to finish 2nd, he needs to go.

What happens if he wins the next 30 games and signs Messi?

Pie in the sky nonsense OP. He's not even been able to win 3 games since being here since March and spending millions on the team. The only defence for him now is made up nonsense about "aye but what if he...."

Realistically He'll be two games from a crisis instead of one.

He's got to be on the brink. He'd need to win 5-8 games in a row including big games before he even got half the support back on side. Ideally that would happen but we don't live in an ideal world.

My issue being; we’ve talked about this since August.

First 5 league games were all completely winnable.

We now should have won 3 in a row.

It’s stop start.

To be a success at Rangers you need consistency. We should only be dropping 7/30 points every cycle imo. I don’t see Pedro winning 7/10 games a quarter as a minimum.

I see nothing to suggest we’re going to parkhead and winning. If we’re to win a title, we need to have ambitions of doing that.

Folk will say, beat the rest and the OF will take care of themselves. Sadly, we’ve shown nothing to suggest we beat the rest of a consistent basis.

I want him to succeed, but sometimes, when you analyse what’s gone before and forecast the future on results and performances, the decision is inevitable.

However, I’m not sure Robertson has the balls to sack him. It’s another mark against his name and hopefully ends the idea that Park picks the Manager.

Of course it would - since he hasn't even managed to string 3 wins together you'd have to assume it's very unlikely it'll happen though.

Could potentially be within one off the top by the time tims and sheep KO their respective games on Saturday, could also be further behind if we dont win our games too.

A week is a long time in football.

Of course it changes IF we go on a winnung streak. He'd even buy some leeway for the Aberdeen games. Bound to slip up somewhere though.

And with yesterday's lack of fight and today's verbal humiliation of the team, I'm no longer even all that optimistic for the Murrayfield game. Killie are kak but could have a new manager bounce too. Dundee is another banana skin. These are teams we should brush aside and I've lost any confidence that we will

Could potentially be within one off the top by the time tims and sheep KO their respective games on Saturday, could also be further behind if we dont win our games too.

A week is a long time in football.

You’re one of these glass half full types I’ve heard about

Reality is many minds are now made up...
Whether the minds of those who count are is another question.
If he wins the next 5 then yes he should be free to continue the full season.
To win 5 on the bounce would be a considerable turn around given his form to this point.

Something gives with Aberdeen v Celtic.
A draw there and it's not looking as bad.
A win for Aberdeen and folk may dream.
A win for the Beasts and we get closer....
Assuming we can take care of Killie of course.

5 wins would defo change things.
If *if* we manage to achieve that, then Things will seem a lot better all round.

The problem for Pedro at the moment is that it takes a long time for us to get any sort of feel good factor after what we have been through, but conversely we come crashing down to earth in an instant after a setback.

We now have a DOF that has hopefully been looking into signings that can improve our problem positions and may even address it in January. I’m one of the people that hopes Pedro gets a chance to play things through for the rest of the year.

One more defeat and I think he is gone, looks like he knows it watching that press conference.

That’s the thing that annoys me though.

One defeat is huge. Why give him another game?

Just now, no guarantees, but we could be within 4 points of the top come Wednesday night.

Failure to win on Wednesday, and the whole thing looks far less attractive.

I think he’s had a crack, we thank him and move on.

Failure to be able to string a set of wins together is alarming. It’s not knee jerk, it’s the reality of the issue. We’re unable to mount a challenge without going on a decent 7/8 game winning run.

He cant even win 3 games in a row never mind 5 games FFS.

A win against Kilmarnock will be three league games in a row. That's a start at least.

Tynecastle will be more problematic but if that can be overcome (we certainly have a chance) the next three are eminently winnable.

I wouldn't write it off as a possibility though you certainly can't call it a probability.

I think from reading other posts that a lot of Bears think that it is when, not if as to when Pedro leaves

If not , what occurs if we win the next 5 games against - Killie, Hearts, PTFC, Hamilton and Dundee? - Ever the optimist.

Never mind the next 5 games we have a job on our hands just to win the next one

That will never happen. Mind you it took MW until Christmas Eve to win 4 on the bounce before the shit really hit the fan. I would not be shocked to see it go completely tits up on Wednesday.

A win against Kilmarnock will be three league games in a row. That's a start at least.

Tynecastle will be more problematic but if that can be overcome (we certainly have a chance) the next three are eminently winnable.

I wouldn't write it off as a possibility though you certainly can't call it a probability.
Ah the old winnable games line! My favourite winnable games were the first 6 of the season after Progres. We won 1 out of 4 at home in the first 7 games though. Achhh. Aye but the next x are winnable! And when we don't win those the next Y are winnable games!

Let's just see if he gets a reaction from the players on Wed. After throwing the players under a boss today they could well return the favour to him.

I think we will beat Killie then lose to hearts. We will then win against Partick & Hamilton, draw against Dundee & sheep at home and then get beat at shittodrie

Hearts will kick us off the park and our pussies will take it. All the while Pedro the chocolate hardman will remonstrate on the sidelines.

Killie, Thistle, Hamilton and Dundee are sides where the result shouldn’t be in question. A Rangers manager won’t get a pat on the back from me by winning these, while that may be unfair it’s the reality of it.

Even if we win the next 5 the stark truth is if we then lose to the sheep twice we’ll be asking the same question again about the next 5 games.
Right now I’d take 4 wins and a draw from the 5 and a win and a draw against the sheep. (Obviously I’d prefer 5 straight wins and 2 wins over the sheep but, being realistic......)

Nice thoughts mate.
I'm usually a very optimistic sort but my problem here isn't that these games are not winnable, they absolutely are winnable but, we've done nothing to suggest we can win them all.

I just can't see us winning 5 games on the trot.

Wish i could be positive, but performances suggest otherwise. (St.Johnstone game apart)

I think if we win on Wednesday as I think we will and the sheep drop points against them as I think they will then Pedro will gain some time. Five wins on the trot would put a completely different perspective on things, but like other posters I am not too confident., but still hoping he pulls it off.

Last edited:
Five wins would most definitely change his position.
I would love to see that happen as I would really like to see this team build up a head of steam.
Will it happen? Well that remains to be seen.
Hearts looks the toughest one on paper but we need to start with a win on Wednesday evening.

It'll be an absolute joke by the board if the manager is here for another 5 games. Pedro hasn't won 3 games in a row since he came here, what do you see that makes you think we'll win our next 5 games?

There's a vocal minority (albeit growing) who will never be convinced and will be on here the second we lose wanting him gone.

I'd say a more sizeable number in the 5o / 50 camp, myself included.

The reality is we need to not only win against teams like our next 5 opponents but make a significant statement against Aberdeen minimum 4 points from 6 to change minds.

There is not a doubt in my mind that it’s a case of when not if!!
Chucking the players under the bus 24hrs after assuming full responsibility + the talk of his family not settling.
There is such an abvious ending which, for me, is a real shame - I like the guy!

There's a vocal minority (albeit growing) who will never be convinced and will be on here the second we lose wanting him gone.

I'd say a more sizeable number in the 5o / 50 camp, myself included.

The reality is we need to not only win against teams like our next 5 opponents but make a significant statement against Aberdeen minimum 4 points from 6 to change minds.
That's right. Rangers fans have are proving they'll never be convinced by him no matter what. Lose to Abefdeen, get pumped by the mentally challengeds, out to Progres, smashed by Motherwell, behind Aberdeen and their still no happy! Whit they like! No pleasing them mate, no pleasing them at all!

That's right. Rangers fans have are proving they'll never be convinced by him no matter what. Lose to Abefdeen, get pumped by the mentally challengeds, out to Progres, smashed by Motherwell, behind Aberdeen and their still no happy! Whit they like! No pleasing them mate, no pleasing them at all!
Prove the point expertly
It's looking likely you won't have long to wait

If Pedro leads us into victory in the next twenty games there will be some on here if he loses the twenty first game will want him sacked.

Yes, it would. It would show progress and would have us right up the Tim's pipe. It would highlight that we have made huge progress with only 1 window for Pedro. The reality though, is that we will do well to win 3 and draw 2. The saddest part is that i would accept that.

No

Because the minute we lose a game we will be back to square one with calls for his head

The board are delaying the inevitable

There is now no way back for him

Back