Dressing Room Split?

Seen and few comments about a dressing room split and or the manager has lost the confidence of the players but nothing concrete.

Certainly Cantwell didn't look happy getting subbed and I thought Raskin looked unhappy at Dowel coming on ahead of him.

What have others seen or heard?
Balogun also had a go and then is out with mysterious illness. It’s as though anyone who speaks out finds themselves cast out, however if you play like a lazy tosser then you get the full game. It’s depressing to watch it really is.

Seen and few comments about a dressing room split and or the manager has lost the confidence of the players but nothing concrete.

Certainly Cantwell didn't look happy getting subbed and I thought Raskin looked unhappy at Dowel coming on ahead of him.

You only need to look at Silvas reaction in the last two matches...? I haven't seen reaction like that from a Rangers player in decades.

I had a thread last night that was binned, just letting off a bit of steam, but I genuinely think there must be something else at play, behind the scenes.

We can't go from the well oiled machine, the Kill Zone that the players spoke about, winning a cup, top of the league etc and flying, to losing games and dropping points to the jobber dross.

Something is definitely amiss.
We have been here before multiple times I der different managers. There is a common denominator with certain players.

I said when Gio lost his job that senior players like Goldson and Tavernier let him down and it’s the same people who are still playing every week. The manager needs to let them know that he’s going nowhere and if they don’t like it they should leave.
They let him down by getting to a European Final and winning the Scottish Cup, or perhaps you are forgetting that until Goldson got injured we gave Liverpool a game; Van Bronckhorst, ultimately, wasn't good enough when it came to doing it in the League. If players are unhappy it is up to the manager to deal with; maybe playing some of them in their best positions would be a start.

Last edited:
At least 70% of the squad should be finding alternative employment.

Every other variable at the club has all but changed apart from playing personnel and nothing has changed on the park, they fall to bits in the business end of the season when it matters, when the pressure is increased.

We have been here before multiple times I der different managers. There is a common denominator with certain players.
I get that, a lot of the players need moved on, it's abundantly clear.

It still is perplexing why everything was going great with the very same players, until a monumental collapse which started a few weeks ago.

I can't get my fuckin head around it.

I don`t see how anyone at this stage can be blaming the manager with some of this group of players.

A number of these players need to go, their time is up. Not every player out there can cope playing for our club. The need to pretty much win every game can be too much for some who would be better in a mid table championship side where the expectations are not nearly as much.

It`s actually quite surprising how long some of the players in our squad have been with us. We do have an issue with holding on to players a bit too long, with diminishing returns, Kamara being the perfect example.

I said when Gio lost his job that senior players like Goldson and Tavernier let him down and it’s the same people who are still playing every week. The manager needs to let them know that he’s going nowhere and if they don’t like it they should leave.
Goldson was out injured ffs, stop rewriting history.

Cantwell cannot be unhappy that he is being subbed off, his performance was abysmal. He only has himself to blame. If he or others are trying to blame the manager then the manager must move them on because they do not have the right mentality to succeed at this club.

I understand disappoint of being subbed or not making it but you can only blame yourself, you are not doing enough in games or in training. Look within, look to improve, be the better version of yourself. People looking to blame others for their failures, are what is known as losers.

It still is perplexing why everything was going great with the very same players, until a monumental collapse which started a few weeks ago.

It's straightforward, there is clearly a problem with some players who cannot handle sustained pressure.

It's no coincidence that the leadership players form has dropped off a cliff since we got into the business end of the season. Again they have history with this.

Was anyone questioning their mentality when they went to Betis and won, or when we won a trophy or when we stormed to top of the league?

mentality bust plenty times when we get close and im not focusing on this current manager but the backbone of players we have had

A dressing room split? What, a camp that were very poor in the last couple of games versus a camp that were teeth grinding poor…?

They’ve just been schooled by Ross County at the trophy winning end of the season & I think fans would gladly see the back of most of them.

Yet another season where I can’t wait until it’s over.

I think it seems very similar to what has been happening at Man Utd over the years.
Never thought of it like that! But yeah happy to take the money and watch their city club rivals embarrass the fans, not the players they don't get embarrassed or care

was waiting for folk to start making shit up. God our players dont deserve us sometimes

I don't think everything really was going great when you look at the results in detail. We were winning most games which is expected but not playing great football. The collapse of that lot this season put us in a great position that wasn't really earned by our performances.

It would have been different if we had won at the piggery and then followed it up with a good win at Ibrox. The reason we were back in the driving seat a few weeks ago and at the moment still in with a chance is down to other teams taking points from them.

Its what is making this so frustrating as we were basically handed pole position in the league and in the last month given it up without any fight.

Possibly, maybe a few have been told they are surplus to requirements next season

It's straightforward, there is clearly a problem with some players who cannot handle sustained pressure.

It's no coincidence that the leadership players form has dropped off a cliff since we got into the business end of the season. Again they have history with this.
What's Butland's excuse?
What's Cantwell's excuse?
What's Souttar's excuse?
In fact you could say nearly every players form has dropped off a cliff the past month or so, these guys can't handle the pressure either?

Goldson was out injured ffs, stop rewriting history.

I have no thoughts either way but Goldson missed the last 9 of GvBs matches, effectively the period that cost GvB his job as we were down to the bare bones and having to play King/Sands at centre half.

It was effectively a mistake from King, trying to control the ball in his own 6 yard box away to st Mirren that caused us to drop points and seen GvB sacked. Couldn’t really blame King or GvB for it,

Goldson started Beale’s second match in charge, before he was out he had missed something like 3 games out the previous 70, and two of them were cup ties he was rested for.

I don't think everything really was going great when you look at the results in detail. We were winning most games which is expected but not playing great football. The collapse of that lot this season put us in a great position that wasn't really earned by our performances.

It would have been different if we had won at the piggery and then followed it up with a good win at Ibrox. The reason we were back in the driving seat a few weeks ago and at the moment still in with a chance is down to other teams taking points from them.

Its what is making this so frustrating as we were basically handed pole position in the league and in the last month given it up without any fight.
Not sure mate, I defy anyone after the Hearts 5 nil game not to think that the tide had turned.

If you had asked anyone then if they believed this team could win the league, I'm fairly certain it would have been a resounding yes from most.

You only need to look at Silvas reaction in the last two matches...? I haven't seen reaction like that from a Rangers player in decades.

Silva has been a poor signing im not even going to argue that but he has someting that literally no one else has and that is the fact that he actually wants to be playing

Dont get why he gets hooked all the time

The subs last night were that of a man that doesnt know what hes doing

I think it looks like a pretty unified dressing room to me.

Unified from the perspective that when the going gets tough, they all shirk responsibility and they are happy to ride it out until eventually the manager carries the can.

They then pick up under a new manager for a bit before rinsing and repeating.

They’ve done it under 3 managers now and 4 if you include some of them that very nearly got Gerrard sacked pre Covid.

It’s a really comfortable dressing room safe in the knowledge that someone else will get blamed for their shortcomings.
Definitely able to blame other people including players that’s not one of the skills they are without .

as for anyone who might think they deserve a start if they ain’t a Nigerian CD then they are wrong

I have no thoughts either way but Goldson missed the last 9 of GvBs matches, effectively the period that cost GvB his job as we were down to the bare bones and having to play King/Sands at centre half.

It was effectively a mistake from King, trying to control the ball in his own 6 yard box away to st Mirren that caused us to drop points and seen GvB sacked. Couldn’t really blame King or GvB for it,

Goldson started Beale’s second match in charge, before he was out he had missed something like 3 games out the previous 70, and two of them were cup ties he was rested for.
I understand all that hence why I'm saying Goldson can't be blamed for GvB losing his job.

Nothing to do with the subs but you can see by the effort or lack off something is far wrong not 1 of them bust a gut to track back or gee the team up it's just so flat especially at this end of the season so much to play for but imo there's a good few chucked it for whatever reason... Personally I think something is going on being closed doors this is not the same team as a month ago..
If there is WS I would say it would be driven by individuals trying to avoid accountability .

I will say this for the club captain he certainly isn’t a guy who avoids accountability he has often publicly said so too .

Something certain others will never be able to be strong enough to accept .

Found it strange last night stewart out in technical area in managers ear only time that’s happened since clement came in yet when Beale was here it was constantly happening , your assistant and coach sitting there but goalie coach out
Lee McCulloch explained goalie coach role at subs will be to re-emphasise the dead ball / corner responsibilities of the player going onto the pitch .
Who knows those may be related just thought it was worth adding to your post mate .

I'd hope they are all at each other throats after the last couple of matches. What i would give is to have a Barry Ferguson in that changing room.

I'd be worried if a player was happy to be subbed (Barisic) but there's something badly wrong at the heart of our playing staff and it's been like this for years.

I don't know if they've fallen out amongst each other or with the manager (I can't see it myself) but it's obvious they cannot deal with the pressure of the business end of the season, and that's a mentality thing.
Straight away on his arrival PC sayd it’s badly wrong to have so many players going OoC in the summer. Terrible contract management and it happened last year too of course .

This I think is one of the reasons .

Back