Dubai Camp and Emirates Partnership.

Brilliant news what difference a few years makes us being associated by the likes of Emirates now. Well done to the board.

Also great as I land in Dubai on 10th - 12th so hopefully they play over the weekend.

Just hope the Dubai bears have a sash bash organised for it

Would easily get time off in January for this so will consider it, really depends if we qualify from our group in Europa. A trip in Jan and February would be pushing it.

As long as its beneficial on the training front and we dont return in holiday mode to play St Boo like january this year when we went to Majorca, came back and gifted kilmarnock 3 points to begin 2019.

But thats next year, still a lot of fitbaw to play til then. Going in the proper direction though.

Seems a bit flash in the wake of Admin II. Ryanair to Spain seems more sensible, or better yet, a bus to Blackpool.
No. You have to pay ryanair.
Getting the begging bowl out and begging free flights off Emirates shows the R E A L extent of our difficulties. Admin 2 and 3 will be days apart and 3 strikes and out will apply. Doomed I tells thee.

Sponsorship with Emirates would be superb for us

Announcement accompanied with a Rangers branded A380 like these arriving in Glasgow.

MlNe0Rs.png

HAUfZdT.jpg

Ruin Declan and Bernadettes Jet2 holiday to Santa Ponsa even before they’ve left the tarmac.

Last edited:
Partnering with Emirates is pretty huge considering the caliber of club they usually deal with, hopefully a sign of things to come.

If they cough up enough cash, they can maybe get a wee sponsorship slot on the back of our strip above Utilita.

If anyone is going, fly from Glasgow rather than Edinburgh. Not sure how often they change planes on the routes but the 777 from Edinburgh feels 10 years older with crappy screens than the Glasgow route.

I'll be there for 20hrs on the 8th of Jan so not sure I'll be able to see much but hopefully they realese more details of the week soon.

If anyone is going, fly from Glasgow rather than Edinburgh. Not sure how often they change planes on the routes but the 777 from Edinburgh feels 10 years older with crappy screens than the Glasgow route.

I'll be there for 20hrs on the 8th of Jan so not sure I'll be able to see much but hopefully they realese more details of the week soon.
When I first started going last year the Glasgow 777 was also the same, getting older and tired but recently it’s been much newer ones.
Also had an A380 on the afternoon flight for a few months which was good but it’s back to a 777 again for both daily flights.

That's not the case - still tbc who we are playing with a few teams possible
I assume you have an idea who they could be.

Any hints of even nationality?

Think it would be a waste of time playing the team Hibs played Al Wasl I’m sure they were called.

When I first started going last year the Glasgow 777 was also the same, getting older and tired but recently it’s been much newer ones.
Also had an A380 on the afternoon flight for a few months which was good but it’s back to a 777 again for both daily flights.

They were resurfacing one of the runways at DXB so had gone from 2 to one GLA flight daily hence used the A380.

This sounds like a good jolly. A week in the sun and watching Rangers with a night at the races for the Meydan Carnival on the Thursday 9th of January.

Now where did I put those lotto tickets?

I assume you have an idea who they could be.

Any hints of even nationality?

Think it would be a waste of time playing the team Hibs played Al Wasl I’m sure they were called.

I suppose it depends if playing a club in that part of the world would open up potential sponsors and/or investors.

I spat the dummy with Emirates in the summer and changed to Qatar however if they are now a partner of ours them my business will go back to Emirates - If we are getting into bed with them thats a major feather in our cap IMO

I spat the dummy with Emirates in the summer and changed to Qatar however if they are now a partner of ours them my business will go back to Emirates - If we are getting into bed with them thats a major feather in our cap IMO
I had a run in with them also and my next trip I booked KLM to Australia. Will see how it goes but worked out 2,000 quid cheaper

I’m flying with them tomorrow night, flight takes off as the second half of the Porto game kicks off.

Hoping this partnership means they’ll have the second half showing on all the planes TVs.

I’ve always preferred them when flying to Hong Kong. Far better than BA in my opinion.

Would we be happy, for example, to rename our stadium as the "Emirates Rangers" ?

Given the potential I would, with all due deference to the purists on here !

Might well bump the flight we're flying out on to an A380 if we've got 50 odd bodies in business. They branded one of them for the Commonwealth games in April 14 so would be great to see our crest on their plane.

This week Rangers announced our first-team squad will travel to Dubai on Emirates Airline for a warm-weather training camp in January 2020.

To celebrate the partnership with Emirates, we are pleased to present a range of exclusive offers to Rangers Season ticket holders:​
•​
£100 saving on Business Class fares​
•​
£50 saving on Economy Class fares​
•​
5% discounted rate on Emirates Holidays packages​
Emirates Airlne Offer

Save up to £100 on fares*

Season Ticket Holders will Save £100 on Business Class bookings and £50 on Economy Class bookings* when flying from Glasgow or Edinburgh to all destinations on the Emirates network.

Book your flight now!

Emirates Holidays Offer

Enjoy an extra 5% off your next holiday*​
With the cold weather setting in, this is the perfect time to get away for some winter sun. Rangers have teamed up with award-winning tour operator Emirates Holidays to offer season ticket holders 5% off their next holiday. So whether you’re dreaming of following your team to Dubai, some winter heat in the Indian Ocean or Asia, there has never been a better time to plan your next getaway. To redeem this offer, please visit the Emirates Holidays website where the discount will be automatically applied. Don’t delay though, this additional 5% saving is only available for bookings made between 11th to 25th November 2019.​

Emirates all the way. Qatar are snakes , had a bad experience with the lying bastards in Abu Dhabi last year.

Back