Due to the Fact there is a 13,000 waiting list for season tickets

If we decide to increase capacity the cheapest and best way to do it is through safe standing. Before anyone jumps in with a list of reasons why this cant be done lets be clear.

Of course it costs money.

Of course we need permission.

Of course it requires the correct access and egress alterations.

And finally. Anyone who cant stand for 90 minutes or has held a ST in a specific seat for 30 years, doesnt have to be part of it. There will be thousands looking to move and their seats will be available.

Dortmund increase capacity by 15k when they lock the seats away in their safe standing areas. Why cant we do this on a smaller scale?

If we decide to increase capacity the cheapest and best way to do it is through safe standing. Before anyone jumps in with a list of reasons why this cant be done lets be clear.

And finally. Anyone who cant stand for 90 minutes or has held a ST in a specific seat for 30 years, doesnt have to be part of it. There will be thousands looking to move and their seats will be available.

Dortmund increase capacity by 15k when they lock the seats away in their safe standing areas. Why cant we do this on a smaller scale?

I agree LOL,but I would like an increase in the disabled section because at present this section is rediculous for a club our size.

13000 is some figure if true

Kind of suggests a 10k capaciry increase wouldnt actually be garbage at all that is if it could be funded somehow.

Getting a successful side obviously comes first.
Do we think There is really a 13k waiting list ? If so then why do we even bother advertising season tickets , rule of business is to give the impression of limited availability, can drive up prices ( which has happened again this season ) because customers think they are paying for an exclusive and sought after product. I’d be really surprised if those numbers were accurate.

Not sure how many there are on the list but when I called the ticket office 3 weeks ago they said looking at a 3 year wait for all areas. Suppose that all depends on how many give there's up at end of season

If there was a waiting list there surely wouldn’t be a public sale? The waiting list will be for those looking for seats together in specific areas not single or double seats in, for example, the Club Deck.

If you want a single seat anywhere in the Stadium you will get one.

Don't know whether we're allowed to, but its not a road I'd like to go down. Part of creating an atmosphere is having the interaction between sets of fans.

Agreed but if the threat of it could leverage backing from other teams to help us accomplish a fairer governing body then I would say do it.

All clubs standing up to the mentally challenged tainted SFA/SPFL.

I could see the point of using it to that goal.

There’s no need to be adding 10,000 or 15,000 onto our capacity . If we could remove the screens and fill in the corners to perhaps add another 5/6k that would be perfect and put proper giant screens at each end hanging on the roofs of the broomloan and Copland .

Capacity of 56,000 would be ideal .
I'm not sure that's an easy thing to undertake. I'd rather, in the long term, we kept the three lower tiers intact and rebuilt the three upper tiers to be bigger, whilst also modernising the three exteriors as well. Add about six thousand to the SJ capacity, and two thousand each to the Broomloan and Copland. What that would mean for the screens I don't know, but perhaps they could be made bigger.

I'm not sure that's an easy thing to undertake. I'd rather, in the long term, we kept the three lower tiers intact and rebuilt the three upper tiers to be bigger, whilst also modernising the three exteriors as well. Add about six thousand to the SJ capacity, and two thousand each to the Broomloan and Copland. What that would mean for the screens I don't know, but perhaps they could be made bigger.

Im sure I read years ago the council wouldn’t give us the airspace to build any higher ( daft as that may sound ).

Would there be scope to have no away fans at games and allow season tickets in the area where the away fans sit? maybe have bigger games like the old firms not included in the season book to allow some rival atmosphere in big games?

A truly ridiculous idea.

Im sure I read years ago the council wouldn’t give us the airspace to build any higher ( daft as that may sound ).
I wonder if we've looked into it. I love the stadium, but there are matches obviously where an argument for an increase is realistic.

For the likes of Hamilton, St Johntsone, Ross County etc where there are next to no fans I think they should be put up into a section of the club deck out of the road and open the away corner for home fans
We where talking about that yesterday. It would make more sence and stop the waste of seats for segregation also which is far to much imo

Would there be scope to have no away fans at games and allow season tickets in the area where the away fans sit? maybe have bigger games like the old firms not included in the season book to allow some rival atmosphere in big games?
Take away the screens and fill with seats, then no waiting list

I would imagine if there were actually 13K on a Waiting List we would be hearing from them regularly either on here or elsewhere demanding something be done to deal with it

A lot of the folk on the waiting list won't even try and actively get one. Those who want a season ticket like myself will most likely get one. It's usually folk wanting multiple seats together.

Has this number been confirmed. Seems pretty mental that the wekk the season ticket renewals come out this figure appears. Kings statement must have had some affect haha.

The ticket centre cleaned up the list (pulling out doubles and related supporters both asking for multiple tickets etc) and there is now circa 10,000 names on the list looking for about 15,000 seats. Moves are separate. Not sure how many are on that list.

The ticket centre cleaned up the list (pulling out doubles and related supporters both asking for multiple tickets etc) and there is now circa 10,000 names on the list looking for about 15,000 seats. Moves are separate. Not sure how many are on that list.
Can’t be 15000 available seats?

If there’s such high numbers wanting STx why is there still tickets available for public sale.

There will be always be individual match tickets for public sale no club will every sell every available seat as a season ticket

Also the club will have contractual/club use to factor in as well

Surely this waiting list is nothing more than notes of interest. There's no guarantee they will all buy if and when invited to do so

Exactly. It will be a group looking for 4 seats together or whatever.

When season tickets go on public sale you won’t find many posts on here from folk who’ve ‘missed out’. Maybe the odd one or two who are too slow to buy but the fact is, the vast majority who want a season ticket for Ibrox will be able to get one if they choose. It may not be in the stand they want, it may not be adjacent to their mates, it may not be in the payment terms they’d like but, if they want one they will almost certainly get one.

Back