Duncan Ferguson put money behind the bar at pubs around Everton so Everton fans could have a pint on him.

Everton really should give him the job until end of season, I can't see anyone coming in now and doing a decent job.
Allardyce would cost a fortune

He needs to give the 'I'm one of yous' shtick a rest and try and act like a proper Premier League manager if he wants to make it. He's just a Scottish version of that whalloper Tim Sherwood.

Has Sherwood ever paid for fans to have pints? Also Sherwood was an Arsenal fan then became a big Spurs man, has Dunc done the same?

It annoys me how Duncan Ferguson is an Everton legend and not a Rangers legend.

Imagine if he had stayed with us. He’d have been a great player to have during the Advocaat and McLeish years.
That's something I've never thought about actually. Big Dunc in Advocaats team would have been sensational.

He would have had the physical presence to deal with O'Neill's cloggers.

That's something I've never thought about actually. Big Dunc in Advocaats team would have been sensational.

He’d have given us balls, that’s for sure.

That’s something we were lacking during the McLeish years. The Mhanks had a side with a big physical presence. We were lacking that.

Big Amo, Duncan and Barry Ferguson in the same side would have been a revelation.

Brilliant take. Big duncs gers career is almost an afterthought given how well he did down in EPL. Wasn't he a British record transfer for us as well?

Token gesture tbh.

Guy is out his depth with a bang average squad that’s been assembled for £100’s of millions.

They need a proper manager & a proper clear out of players (8+ out with a similar number in)

Trying a bit too hard here for me.

Love all his videos with fans etc but going about pubs and puting money behind the bar and telling the barman to let the punters know its from Big Dunc is pandering to the masses.

Token gesture tbh.

Guy is out his depth with a bang average squad that’s been assembled for £100’s of millions.

They need a proper manager & a proper clear out of players (8+ out with a similar number in)

The squad has been badly mismanaged and there’s a reason they are battling relegation with a caretaker manager even though they have spent millions over the years.

They do need a proper manager and Ferguson is not the answer in the short or long term but calling his gesture a token gesture is out of order IMO.

Ferguson is loved by the Everton fans and paying for a few beers for the fans is a fantastic gesture that’s done to try and get the fans behind the players again.

Token gesture tbh.

but still leave 2 new signings out of the squad all together maybe because they were signed by Rafa

Big Dunc definitely cares about Everton, but I think he's been put in a difficult position. Big rebuilding job required, they've spent a lot of money and not got their money's worth

Reactions: TNT
Token gesture tbh.

A token gesture is exactly what it is and what it would’ve been meant to be.

Trying to hard. Everton are shitebags too. He should realise his true love and level also, could be a good scout for us?

Trying to hard. Everton are shitebags too. He should realise his true love and level also, could be a good scout for us?

Ferguson has found his true love and that’s Everton.

Ferguson is the Everton equivalent of what Jimmy Bell is to us. He’s the heart and soul of the club and will always have a role under every manager until he makes the decision to chuck it.

You do realise that he played for us and struggled in the SPL?

Ferguson scored 58 goals in 10 years for Everton. His legendary status at Everton comes more from his style of play rather than the quality of his play (IMO).
We hardly gave him a chance.

We should have stuck by him.

Some people write absolute shite on here, Duncan Fergusson is Everton through and through. Surprised he’s never went for the job full time.
I reckon it’s because he likes the position he’s in, and he strikes me as a chap who has a really close bond to the fans - so perhaps not the most rational person to lead the team.

A bit like what McCoist was good at for us, everyone’s hero from a fans perspective and everyone’s mate from a players point of view, who always brings a positive.

It’s probably not worth taking on the big job in case it taints your relationship with the fans, and takes you out your comfort zone.

Back