Duncan Ferguson put money behind the bar at pubs around Everton so Everton fans could have a pint on him.

Big Dunc definitely cares about Everton, but I think he's been put in a difficult position. Big rebuilding job required, they've spent a lot of money and not got their money's worth
They appear to be fucked this season and I think they could go down, Newcastle will buy their way of relegation and that win yesterday was huge for them, Norwich have came back from know-where and the players they have signed won’t be good enough to get them out the hole they are in.

I remember when he was Dundee Utd, he played Goughie off the park. On the ground.

He was never a goalscorer. But, a great weapon.

Rangers let him down when he ended up in jail AND punished by the SFA.

He was the right player at the wrong time at Rangers - as we had Hateley.

The Everton fans love him. Not for goals - but for effort! He was a talisman. He set the standard.

I think he is modest enough to know his limitations. I also think the players love him - as a person.

I really wish him all the best. I think he would do well in the top job - providing his backroom compensate for his weaknesses.

What he did today, he didn't have to do. He has a great relationship with the fans anyway. But, fair play to him.

And did nothing in Europe, failed to win the 10, and won only 3 titles from 2001-2009.

Duncan Ferguson would have been a vast improvement on some of the duds we had.

You think Duncan Ferguson would’ve been the catalyst to European success in the 90’s?

Which (first choice) strikers we had between 2001-2009 would you say Ferguson was vastly better than? Just out of interest.

I remember when he was Dundee Utd, he played Goughie off the park. On the ground.

He was never a goalscorer. But, a great weapon.

Rangers let him down when he ended up in jail AND punished by the SFA.

He was the right player at the wrong time at Rangers - as we had Hateley.

The Everton fans love him. Not for goals - but for effort! He was a talisman. He set the standard.

I think he is modest enough to know his limitations. I also think the players love him - as a person.

I really wish him all the best. I think he would do well in the top job - providing his backroom compensate for his weaknesses.

What he did today, he didn't have to do. He has a great relationship with the fans anyway. But, fair play to him.

Ferguson is to Everton what Nacho Novo is to us.

A player who had limited ability but gave everything he had every time he played and would score important goals.

You think Duncan Ferguson would’ve been the catalyst to European success in the 90’s?

Which (first choice) strikers we had between 2001-2009 would you say Ferguson was vastly better than? Just out of interest.
Not when played as left winger against Levski Sofia.

Bottom line is we bough a raw talent which at the time was a record transfer.............and he was 2nd choice behind Hateley - who upped his game.

Right player - wrong time.

Ferguson is to Everton what Nacho Novo is to us.

A player who had limited ability but gave everything he had every time he played and would score important goals.
I disagree. Ferguson had fantastic ability. More so on the ground!

But, for a striker, he wasn't someone who would score 30 goals a season.

He was big and awkward and hard to play against - with a fantastic touch on the ground. Probably similar in many ways to Tore Andre Flo - but, he had a better scoring record.

Last edited:
Not when played as left winger against Levski Sofia.

Bottom line is we bough a raw talent which at the time was a record transfer.............and he was 2nd choice behind Hateley - who upped his game.

Right player - wrong time.

I’m just not sure he was ever good enough to consistently play and score goals for us.

I disagree. Ferguson had fantastic ability. More so on the ground!

But, for a striker, he wasn't someone who would score 30 goals a season.

He was big and awkward and hard to play against - with a fantastic touch on the ground. Probably similar in many ways to Tore Andre Flo - but, he had a better scoring record.

Flo’s scoring record was far better than Ferguson’s.

The big man could deposit a jobby in the middle of every Evertonians living room and still be a hero to them, its bizarre.

The squad has been badly mismanaged and there’s a reason they are battling relegation with a caretaker manager even though they have spent millions over the years.

They do need a proper manager and Ferguson is not the answer in the short or long term but calling his gesture a token gesture is out of order IMO.

Ferguson is loved by the Everton fans and paying for a few beers for the fans is a fantastic gesture that’s done to try and get the fans behind the players again.
The only thing it’s done is get the fans behind him - not the players - to cover for how shïte the results & performances will be under his stewardship until they get a proper manager in.

Reeks of desperation in truth. The fact folk can’t see that cos he played for Rangers is embarrassing.

A token gesture? As opposed to what? A tactical move? A long term strategy? No of course not, he bought some fans a pint you massive, massive jabroni. :D
It’s been done to cover up how shïte Everton have been before now & even yesterday.

Lost to Norwich the week before, who hadn’t won in 8 games & are probably one of the worst sides to be assembled in the premier league in 10 year. All is forgiven though as Big Dunc stuck a few hundred quid behind a bar … it’s banter years level stuff.

It would’ve meant more had it come from the underperforming players that cost £100’s of millions of pounds & earn £100,000+ a week.

Genuinely not seen that word used in a long, long time. Showing your age there pal :))

The only thing it’s done is get the fans behind him - not the players - to cover for how shïte the results & performances will be under his stewardship until they get a proper manager in.

Reeks of desperation in truth. The fact folk can’t see that cos he played for Rangers is embarrassing.

Buying the fans some beers reeks of desperation? What a strange take.

Buying the fans some beers reeks of desperation? What a strange take.
I’m sure the novelty of it would’ve worn off for those guys around 2.15 yesterday when they lost again, they’ve won 1 league game in 14.

Continue that run with him in caretaker charge & they’ll turn on him as they did Rafa. I don’t even think they have a squad that’s “too good” to go down - some seriously average players in there.

I’m sure the novelty of it would’ve worn off for those guys around 2.15 yesterday when they lost again, they’ve won 1 league game in 14.

Continue that run with him in caretaker charge & they’ll turn on him as they did Rafa. I don’t even think they have a squad that’s “too good” to go down - some seriously average players in there.

They would never turn on Ferguson as they did Rafa.

I agree with you that I don’t think they are “too good” to go down and I think Ferguson knows that too and that’s why he’s trying to get the fans back on board because the atmosphere there is toxic right now.

Buying the fans a few beers to try and lift the mood a bit and get them supporting the team again isn’t something I’d call desperate.

What a load of miserable bangers on here. Not only does this small act of kindness get trashed but so does his ability compared to other rangers players.

Some of you need to go and have a wank or something.

Great gesture from the big man. He’s turning into their Murty tho, basket case of a club that will damage his own chances of being a credible manager in his own right

They would never turn on Ferguson as they did Rafa.

I agree with you that I don’t think they are “too good” to go down and I think Ferguson knows that too and that’s why he’s trying to get the fans back on board because the atmosphere there is toxic right now.

Buying the fans a few beers to try and lift the mood a bit and get them supporting the team again isn’t something I’d call desperate.
Given, that they are going to the game to support their team anyway, I'd suggest it is. (Not that I care one way or the other about Everton)

As an outsider, I think, with Everton fans, they love their club but there is now a rift between them and the current board that can't and/or won't be healed. Bringing in the goatee to start with exarcerbated or accelerated the problem.

In a Rangers context. I'm trying to think how Ally McCoist sticking me up a double vodka in The Neptune in 2013, would change my mood and convert me into thinking we're making progress here, and I'm coming up short.

I imagine Duncan knows that he has no chance of the manager’s job so all he is doing here is trying to re-establish a bond between the dressing room and the stands given the toxicity that is hanging around Goodison right now.

I hope they can turn it around…. Not many clubs in England have had as many shared players with us as Everton.

Everton don’t play in Everton bit like Partick Thistle don’t play in Partick.

PM me for other interesting facts.

Back