Dundee Farce Continues – Postponed Again

If called off it needs played tomorrow evening at a neutral venue no ifs or buts.

Dundee then should be made compensate fans, sky and pay the costs of moving it. It’s fucking shambolic.

We do not need a midweek next week before a massive semi final, and we need to get the split fixtures sorted next week to give fans a chance to organise travel for the remaining fixtures.

Dundee are a fucking joke
If it doesn't go ahead then there should be some kind of penalty imposed on Dundee. You can't claim the weather is the issue if the pitch across the road at Tannadice is playable.

Re-arranging at short notice to a neutral venue seems unlikely - who would accommodate it with less than 24 hours notice.

Dundee have just posted a £3m loss so there won't be any investment ahead of the new season

If it doesn't go ahead then there should be some kind of penalty imposed on Dundee. You can't claim the weather is the issue if the pitch across the road at Tannadice is playable.

Re-arranging at short notice to a neutral venue seems unlikely - who would accommodate it with less than 24 hours notice.

Dundee have just posted a £3m loss so there won't be any investment ahead of the new season
This is why there needed a back up plan if it wasn’t going ahead tonight. It’s a farce from Dundee and the SPFL

I think it’s going ahead.

Dry till 2pm by the looks of it so it will pass an 11am inspection. Covers on for 2pm till about 6, missing the worst of the rain. Then off for the match. Will be saturated by half time but the game will be played. They can’t afford for it not to be.

We will need to go through this crap again if Dundee finish top 6

Imagine it was the final game and it was to determine the title and they couldn't guarantee the pitch would be in a condition to play.

Sky will have more clout with Doncaster if the game is postponed again

Sky will be raging if they get another postponement

Rangers should publicly ask Doncaster if the game is rescheduled for next midweek in Dundee and it’s bad weather again and another call off then how do they handle this scenario?

It’s time Rangers board speak out and not leaving it to the manager

It’s the boards job to discuss this farcical situation and demand Doncaster tells everyone what they are going to do about the situation

Personally I’d say tell Dundee next week the game will be at Hampden or they forfeit the game and Rangers awarded 3-0 win

Dry till 2pm by the looks of it so it will pass an 11am inspection. Covers on for 2pm till about 6, missing the worst of the rain. Then off for the match. Will be saturated by half time but the game will be played. They can’t afford for it not to be.
It’s probably going to be this scenario.

I'm pretty sure the game will go ahead. Their pitch will be a nightmare to play on as they've planned. Dundee are terrified of us.
I'd guess that our players know that too and will be organised accordingly.
It's going to be a huge victory for the Glasgow Rangers.

Do they actually have effective covers? If so why do they have the issue to begin with?
Ots due to exactly what I said weeks ago. They sacked their groundsmen after probably reneging on the pitch budget and employed a pitch management company. Any required works went out the window and they've took a chance on contracted cuts and lining to save money. Most pitches will have had some form of winter maintenance during the break to tide them over to summer and Dundee have been caught in the ass. The works needed were weeks back but they only appeared to tine the pitch last week,itself a pointless exercise. It really needed bare minimum microcored to open the surface and root zoned after wards,not less than 48 hours to the next match.

Essentially they are tight fisted arseholes who ruined their own pitch

So by the looks of it rain to spread from the West, that means 11am all is fine and dandy up in Dundee. So it comes to 2/3 pm and it’s peeing with rain, and whether covered or not the rain gets in. Dundee have a duty of care to players and if any of our players get injured, if the game goes ahead, then they should be able to Sue this supposed football club!

Could they not sacrifice Jim Spence to the weather gods to ensure that the game goes ahead?
A year ago, I'd have agreed. But I've warmed to old Bog Brush Heid with his comments on Isla Bryson's tadger and sticking the boot into the SNP.

Can't we try to pass off Ross Greer as Spence instead? They surely share some common ancestry to look at them...

Met Office now showing heavy rain in Dundee starting around 2pm lasting til about 7pm.
So even if the pitch passes the morning inspection , it’s going to be another late postponement, mid to late afternoon.

If the game goes ahead will Robertson protect our players from the sliding tackles that the hammer throwers no doubt put in on a sloppy surface.

Sky will have more clout with Doncaster if the game is postponed again

Sky will be raging if they get another postponement

Rangers should publicly ask Doncaster if the game is rescheduled for next midweek in Dundee and it’s bad weather again and another call off then how do they handle this scenario?

It’s time Rangers board speak out and not leaving it to the manager

It’s the boards job to discuss this farcical situation and demand Doncaster tells everyone what they are going to do about the situation

Personally I’d say tell Dundee next week the game will be at Hampden or they forfeit the game and Rangers awarded 3-0 win
Agreed, will Sky also be paying g the Uefa fine for showing games on CL nights?
I know they take the hit on English League games but I cannot recall them thinking it was worthwhile for Scottish football?
Huge sporting and financial implications for all involved. This is Doncaster's League, lady's front bottom of a man

Agreed, will Sky also be paying g the Uefa fine for showing games on CL nights?
I know they take the hot on English League games but I cannot recall them thinking it was worthwhile for Scottish football?
Huge sporting and financial implications for all involved. This is Doncaster's League, lady's front bottom of a man
Games can been shown now against CL games otherwise this wouldn't on Sky or the like of Ross County game which Rangers TV showed back in February

it only applied to top flight game and national cup games

I’d imagine the 11 o’clock inspection won’t be the only one.

Putting on and removing the covers takes time.
But it can be done if you have the volunteers to do it. I've done them before, a little bit of planning and coordination gets it done relatively quickly. Sadly it appears the speccy guy with the hat is coordinating and doesn't look if he knows Wemyss Bay from bombay.

This game will go ahead regardless of how bad the pitch is. Sky will not want another postponement, and they don't care about issues like player safety. A disgraceful situation to be in because one club refuses to take care of their ground. They should be fined heavily and have a points reduction as they have previous this season. They are treating teams and fans with contempt.
I agree there should be a punishment but I’m not sure a heavy fine would help the situation. They have posted losses and clearly don’t have the money. I’d rather clubs were required to invest a minimum into their pitch each season. Make it a condition of participating in our top league.

It was reported on here that the beasts from the east supplied the covers

They didn't have those covers on yesterday. They just had small ones over the sanded areas and the goalmouth.

Not sure they still have those covers from the mentally challengeds.

Absolutely. The league should have taken control of this situation and had a contingency plan ready to go if Dens is unplayable. But that would require competent management, so instead we have a long running farce.
This is competent management from the league.
Rangers are being fùcked about.

They're doing exactly what their boss expects of them.

They didn't have those covers on yesterday. They just had small ones over the sanded areas and the goalmouth.

Not sure they still have those covers from the mentally challengeds.
I reckon with mondays news, the paedos will have needed those covers back.

Dundee/SFA/SPFL should have had alternative arrangements in place by now - they can't just keep postponing the game to suit. Another venue should have been ready for back-up if Dundee can't get their shitheap ready. Also, the increase risk to Rangers players is off the chart even if they do somehow pretend it's good to go - are we supposed to just be OK with that?

Last edited:
On SSN just now, the covers are up and no rain expected before the inspection but 90% of rain from 3pm.

Will be passed at 11 but ultimately off. Fucking shambles.

Two goals mouths and one wing the areas of concern.

On SSN just now, the covers are up and no rain expected before the inspection but 90% of rain from 3pm.

If its dry the best thing is for them to be up. Going with the forecast I'd have then back down even for the few hours after inspection.

The SPFL should have been stepping in and making them play elsewhere, if the pitch isn’t deemed playable.

Is the one wing area referring to the two patches in the middle of the park where mortal shells have landed?

The covers will not go back down, the pitch has been covered for 4 days and will need work done to it and possibly the lines being repainted

A decision should me made 24 hrs before a game. If that's not possible,then the game should be moved to Ibrox behind closed doors.

Back