Dundee Hibs appoint their full time manager

The 41-year-old is now tasked with the exciting challenge of revitalising the football department ahead of the 2023/24 campaign

Aye right ye are pal... The exciting challenge..

The fukcin impossible challenge more like!!

%^*& sake, what a week for Dundee Hibs entertainment :))

What a fucking come down - for both of them.

I take it he won’t be moving there? It’s a bit of a trek down for the celtic games.

Football management. The only job you can be absolutely horrific at and constantly find work.
Scottish football is crazy. It is like all these managers pick a card at start of season to see who they shall manage next. It is same clubs and same managers. They win absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I really don’t understand this appointment

awarding failure is unacceptable in any job but seems acceptable in football

i hope they stay down forever
They were 4 points off 2nd bottom when he arrived .

Can’t remember did they fire the -regions guy or was he headhunted by Tottenham

gn16.png

He's lost more games than he's won ffs!

I work for a company based in Dundee and we have quite a few Dundee Hibs fans who work for us. They are despondent. It’s fantastic.

You’d think someone close to him would have a quiet word about his general appearance.

Scottish football is crazy. It is like all these managers pick a card at start of season to see who they shall manage next. It is same clubs and same managers. They win absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Eight of the twelve clubs are managed by someone who hasn’t managed another SPL club.

You can extend it to the Players as well, same journeymen moving from tin pot club to tin pot club.

In terms of the Managers it is simply incompetence and laziness on the part of the Stewardship at each club which allows their continued and repeat employment.

All cock mockery aside, what on Earth would you base Jim Goodwin's employment on? Hes done really badly, overseen one of the most shambolic results in Scottish Football history and has already failed in his first task as Manager for your club.

Here you go Jim, have a new contract.

Firstly there’s Jim. Not content with overseeing Aberdoom’s ultimate nadir in losing to non league fodder in the Scottish Cup before being ignominiously booted out on his arse, he then fails at the one task he was brought in to do down the road at Tannadice.

And secondly there’s Dundee United. A basket case of a club who burned through three managers in a single season but still couldn’t beat the drop.

So what better way to signal your intent for revitalisation than giving the grey goose that failed to keep you up a two year contract?

A match made in hell if ever there was one.

And not even a good hell, but a shitey, run down Poundland version.

I work for a company based in Dundee and we have quite a few Dundee Hibs fans who work for us. They are despondent. It’s fantastic.
Dick Donnellys ghost reporting from a somewhat dreich dismal and quite frankly dreary Dundee where the United fans can only be described as despondent and the news of their managerial appointment has undoubtedly made them depressed and downcast about their future prospects

And today we’re happy to appoint Jim Goodwin as Manager, every ST holder will also be supplied with a pillow so as to be able to get through 90 mins of play?

They'll sell cson tkts, scottish fitbaw is booming ye know, who needs premier fitbaw. Cannaewin will show the championship so he wull.

Dick Donnellys ghost reporting from a somewhat dreich dismal and quite frankly dreary Dundee where the United fans can only be described as despondent and the news of their managerial appointment has undoubtedly made them depressed and downcast about their future prospects

Professor, I'm just picturing DD doing his report from tannadeechee and this is what he'd have said.

Back