Dundee Hivs bought over

Dundee City FC
Merge with Forfar, Montrose, Arbroath and become Angus F.C.

Putting aside my thoughts on DUFC, it makes the most sense and the fans of all clubs should see it as an exciting opportunity.

I caveat that with the understanding of losing their history is an emotive subject.

It's an interesting one - he has a few sports companies in the States, and seems to prefer the sports business to his original retailling background (Something DUFC have a history of). He's not wealth off the scale either, his retail business was relatively small (~20 outlets).

Can't see any previous link to Dundee, so why is a question. Equally, the fact it's only 6 months since the other guys bought out Thompson makes me wonder how long this has been planned (Would they have a time agreed before they could sell on?). In an interview in September, the new guy says he was negitiation another Sports purchase, but didn't go into details.

Putting rivalries on one side (a major issue in reality) a merger seems feasible though if it goes wrong I’d feel sorry for the Dundee fans and just laugh at the United fans.
Does anyone know how the formation of two clubs in Dundee come about? The city isn’t really large enough to allow two senior clubs to thrive especially with the pull of Rangers and them attracting football supporters from tha area.

The merger will be equally delightful.

One way for Dundee Utd get promoted is the 'merged' company taking Dundee's licence (that is assuming Dundee stay up).

Or, looking at it another way, that would be a Dundee takeover of Dundee Utd if the owners are as strongly linked as rumoured.

Think I'd be very worried if I was an Arab (which thankfully I am not).

One way for Dundee Utd get promoted is the 'merged' company taking Dundee's licence (that is assuming Dundee stay up).

Or, looking at it another way, that would be a Dundee takeover of Dundee Utd if the owners are as strongly linked as rumoured.

Think I'd be very worried if I was an Arab (which thankfully I am not).
Frankly, any merger would therefore be a "new" team.

Precedent has been set, bottom division.

A merger makes sense and more clubs should be looking at it in this country. We have too many.

I hope it’s true, anything to see the Arabs suffer.

Frankly, any merger would therefore be a "new" team.

Precedent has been set, bottom division.

Don't think that is correct IMO.

The licence to play in the top division would be key. If the SPFL agree that a merged team continues to use the premier league team's licence then they could play in the top division.

I am no expert though, could be wrong.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the formation of two clubs in Dundee come about? The city isn’t really large enough to allow two senior clubs to thrive especially with the pull of Rangers and them attracting football supporters from tha area.
Just wikis the history of both clubs.
Dundee FC founded to represent the city in 1893.
1909 Dundee Hibs formed to represent the Irish(RC) community in Dundee. I make the presumption that this followed the normal pattern to avoid integration with the local indigenous population. They initially played in green and white, and their first match was played against Hibs.

Crazy times in football, you can buy 85% of a football club for £1m and on the other hand you couldn’t get Alfredo Morelos fringe for the same cash.

%^*& you Dundee Utd

Back