Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports - MATCH POSTPONED

Nelms: What we needed to do was make sure the champions were top of the league going into the international break. It's a feelgood factor for us, and our groundsmen were here at 5am with the hoses on full pelt.
not for him, he's part of "spam folder FC", he was probably loving the ramming they got from the scum a few weeks ago

I've actually seen our fans and club get blamed for the postponement on other forums, that's how much Scotland hates us :D

Last edited:
I always remember Ally McCoist saying Dens was always a great surface. Clearly issues with their ground staffs Or decisions in the run up to the game. They should be re-turfing those bad areas. Needs to be some consequence for this. Appalling management by Dundee and the SPFL with such a late call and significant costs incurred by our fans.

Covers on park or decent groundsmen
Their drainage can't be very good
depends on how much money Dundee want to spend on pitch before we can take aim at groundsmen ........

a good workman never blames his tools ......... but id argue it depends on the tools

This has got Liewell written all over it,did that pitch have mud patches yesterday.
I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next internet user, but you’re just making a fool of yourself and our support by peddling myths that Lawwell paid off Dundee to sabotage their own pitch so they stayed top going into the international break.

Dundee have just had their 4th postponement, it’s nothing to do with Lawwell … they’re just f**king amateur.

That pitch did not get in that state overnight, surely Rangers and the SPFL/SFA should have been advised yesterday and an inspection made.

Once again the ordinary fan is treated with contempt by the authorities.

I wonder, is Tannadice is in the same condition? Only 100 yards down the street!
Probably just as bad. They were called "The Arabs" because of the amount of sand they used to use to try and make it playable

I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next internet user, but you’re just making a fool of yourself and our support by peddling myths that Lawwell paid off Dundee to sabotage their own pitch so they stayed top going into the international break.

Dundee have just had their 4th postponement, it’s nothing to do with Lawwell … they’re just f**king amateur.
Ok

Of course it is, some of the crackpottery on here regarding this is as bad as anything the beggars come out with.

The mechanism is in place to punish this tinpot club. It basically can be anything that the authorities deem appropriate.

Whether the appetite to use these rules are there is a big doubt.

Another embarrassment for the game up here. Not surprising given the overpaid incompetents that run it.

First of all feel sorry for our fans who travelled. No reason the club and fans should not have been informed earlier. Not really an issue if fixture is rearranged before filth game. 5 subs rule so we can change out half the team. Let's just get on with it.

Last edited:
Feel sorry for the supporters who travelled. Shady stuff from Dundee. But from a strength and conditioning perspective, I see it as a positive. Players are dealing with a lot in terms of load and intensity, and although I have no doubt they would have shown up and got us the points , it gives the squad extra time recover. We looked exhausted Thursday on 60 minutes. I understand the psychological advantage with regards to the table vs them. The league is going to come down to the two games vs them. We avoided more players getting injured and honestly pumping Dundee midweek before the beggars in the re scheduled game might be more of a psychological advantage.

As long as it's played after the Celtic game, I see it as a positive from a purely football point if view. Our squad should be in much better shape by then, and it's (hopefully) one less game before the old firm.

Last edited:
Said it elsewhere, and do feel for the fans who had arrived in Dundee from Wales and further afield but this game had 'banana skin' all over it.

Hopefully we can get some players back from injury and give the guys who have been playing every 3 days, a rest.

We should be demanding a 0-3 and the three points as the rules state that all pitches should have an efficient and effective drainage system so that it can’t become unplayable due to flooding they have failed to adhere to this rule four times

As long as it's played after the Celtic game, I see it as a positive from a purely football point if view. Our squad should be in much better shape by then, and it's (hopefully) one less game before the old firm.
That’s the key thing, right now, we don’t know, it’s probably a 50/50 chance between the midweek after and the midweek before.

This could be a blessing in disguise given the state of there pitch, our players need a rest and avoiding anymore injuries.
Having said that Dundee are an embarrassment , A high profile SPL fixture due to be broadcast by Sky being called off because there pitch looks like a ploughed field.
Why should we have to reschedule our fixture list to accommodate Dundee because of there poor management of there pitch, we should be awarded the 3 points .

Wonder if it'll be rearranged for the midweek between Hibs and the OF game which would put us at a slight disadvantage in terms of rest before we play them on the 7th April.

That would have been some size of a cover.
They are.

But a team like Dundee should be mandated to install them given their record of poor drainage.

You dont see them used as much these days but definitely still about for frost and rain protection.

Matchsavers.com
Stuartcanvas.co.uk

Back