Eduard v Alfie - price tag

Posted it before elsewhere but I’ll post it again here for reference.

Combined Stats 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 seasons - All Competitions Including Europe

Appearances/Goals/Assists

Morelos - 94/59/21
Edouard - 97/49/27

Comparison of just league form on same stats over two seasons -

Morelos - 53/29/11
Edouard - 55/35/18

It is close, I appreciate that, but with Edouard you don’t get the histrionics that sadly we’ve seen with Morelos. Clubs will take cognisance of that when determining value and reduce value based on Morelos temperament which has been there for all to see for a prolonged period.

Morelos over 2 seasons, all comps, 24 yellow cards, 4 yellows which have led to reds and 3 straight reds.

Edouard - Just 3 yellows.

On paper, Edouard gets you bang for buck with far less risk and he’s 2 years younger.

I love Morelos but we need to appreciate as a fanbase when he is likely sold and the price starts with a 2, at best, that the value is at the level we should expect. Anyone quoting the likes of McBurnie, etc. Is not looking at this in the proper context. We have to hope the Gilmour, Tierney, McGinn effect helps but that is only if he moves south and not France as has been rumoured.

Alfie also needs out the country for his own good, he’s public football enemy number one and it’s doing Him, his career, his wife and young child no favours being here for a prolonged period. As sickening at that is to read in the cesspit that’s is Scottish football if you play in light blue.

No doubt Eduard is worth more, due to the not scoring against them, his disciplinary record, and hid loss of form before Covid. These realistically will affect what someone will pay for him.

However the hard reality is neither striker has had a bid tabled for them. They are only worth what someone will pay. I would expect the valuations will go down, players not at the very top of the game will be worth less this summer. Smaller clubs revenue will be more uncertain. So I think both strikers will be worth less than last summer. Morelos figure is maybe more current as it looks like there is actual interest. Also worth remembering we bought Morelos for £1m. they paid £10m for him. So we need less to turn a big profit, they need £15m just to break even.
Don,t see why a club in Europe would be bothered if Alfie scorers against Celtic. Think they,d be more interested in what he has done in Europe.as lets face it Scotland hardly ranks as one of the hardest leagues in the world.
But as you correctly pointed out his loss of forum and hid disciplinary record may count against him . But I should point out he is referred to a different standard.

Posted it before elsewhere but I’ll post it again here for reference.

Combined Stats 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 seasons

Morelos - 94/59/21
Edouard - 97/49/27

Comparison of just league form on same stats over two -

Morelos - 53/29/11
Edouard - 55/35/18

It is close, I appreciate that, but with edouard you don’t get the histrionics that sadly we’ve seen with Morelos. Clubs will value that and knock down money based on Morelos temper.

Morelos over 2 seasons, all comps, 24 yellow cards, 4 yellows which have led to reds and 3 straight reds.

Edouard - Just 3 yellows.

On paper, Edouard gets you bang for buck with far less risk and he’s 2 years younger.

I love Morelos but we need to appreciate as a fanbase when he is likely sold and the price starts with a 2, at best, that the value is at the level we should expect. Anyone quoting the likes of McBurnie, etc. Is not looking at this in the proper context. We have to hope the Gilmour, Tierney, McGinn effect helps but that is only if he moves south and not France as has been rumoured.
Interesting point but do you think that Alfie would have so many yellow or red cards if he played for the scum.

Interesting point but do you think that Alfie would have so many yellow or red cards if he played for the scum.
No, but absolutely no buying club or scout even dares to entertain, ‘There’s a conspiracy against him because he plays for Rangers and if he didn’t he wouldn’t get carded’. We know that has a bearing obviously but they aren’t going to review decisions, just look at bigger picture.

A few people mentioning Morelos' discipline. He has been a bit naive and impetuous at times and that has given referees an opportunity they have been only too willing to grab. There is no doubt in my mind however, that he has been punished for things in Scotland which other players have not. Refereed to a different standard. His disciplinary record before he got here was absolutely fine and I'm willing to bet it will be absolutely fine again when he gets out if Scotland.

As for reported valuations, clubs in England and beyond will offer what they believe a player is worth, not what the fucktards in Sun or Record value them at.

Absolutely mate. Too many on here shout about Alfie’s discipline whilst forgetting what he gets cards for. He has never once made a bad or over the ball tackle. He gets booked for the smallest of fouls that all other players don’t.

Just compare with Christie. He’s been involved in 3 sendings off with horrendous over the ball tackles, yet the narrative is that he’s not a dirty player, wasn’t intentional, he’s not like that blah blah blah.

Too many on here with short memories. What Alfie should do when the likes of cunts like club foot, broonaldo and pick any sheep defender foul him off the ball is not react and hit the deck immediately, the way that they shitebags do when Alfie reacts to them.

some of the booking he picks up you would be disappointed if your 13 year old striker got booked for it I.e. petulance, toys out the pram, or diving. He also got suspended for the second leg against Braga. Some of them in Scotland are also a joke though so I agree with you to an extent, he does get some decisions against him domestically that are baffling but most of the time he gives the ref a decision to make where it could’ve been avoided.

some of the games in Europe for us he was unplayable, outstanding. When he holds the ball up, links midfield and attack and is a genuine goal threat he is just as good a player as eduward no doubt about it, but how many games is that a season? He lets us down just as many time’s as he plays like that.

i don’t see any poet games apart from when they play us or highlights but just from that I can tell Eduoward finishing and composure is far better than Morelos - see the cup final as an example. If he had the same chances including a penalty he would’ve probably bagged minimum a hat trick. Morelos was actually outstanding the cup final I thought - apart from taking a chance but that’s what he is paid to do. Eduward at Ibrox had one chance that I can remember, one goal.

it’s alarming how much we rely on Morelos because when he is not on it, we are not on it. Anyone who says he is better than eduoward needs to take the blue glasses off though I think.

love how because I said he was a lot better player get allsorts of comments aswell, probably off guys who have never kicked a ball in their life and sit on the match thread greeting and moaning when Others are at the game

A few people mentioning Morelos' discipline. He has been a bit naive and impetuous at times and that has given referees an opportunity they have been only too willing to grab. There is no doubt in my mind however, that he has been punished for things in Scotland which other players have not. Refereed to a different standard. His disciplinary record before he got here was absolutely fine and I'm willing to bet it will be absolutely fine again when he gets out if Scotland.
We know that but that isn't how it seems to the buying team. Also he ha reacted stupidly to provocation, he will get that in other leagues as well. I agree that he will be fine in the future but he hasn't been here so it will lower his value.

some of the booking he picks up you would be disappointed if your 13 year old striker got booked for it I.e. petulance, toys out the pram, or diving. He also got suspended for the second leg against Braga. Some of them in Scotland are also a joke though so I agree with you to an extent, he does get some decisions against him domestically that are baffling but most of the time he gives the ref a decision to make where it could’ve been avoided.

some of the games in Europe for us he was unplayable, outstanding. When he holds the ball up, links midfield and attack and is a genuine goal threat he is just as good a player as eduward no doubt about it, but how many games is that a season? He lets us down just as many time’s as he plays like that.

i don’t see any poet games apart from when they play us or highlights but just from that I can tell Eduoward finishing and composure is far better than Morelos - see the cup final as an example. If he had the same chances including a penalty he would’ve probably bagged minimum a hat trick. Morelos was actually outstanding the cup final I thought - apart from taking a chance but that’s what he is paid to do. Eduward at Ibrox had one chance that I can remember, one goal.

it’s alarming how much we rely on Morelos because when he is not on it, we are not on it. Anyone who says he is better than eduoward needs to take the blue glasses off though I think.

love how because I said he was a lot better player get allsorts of comments aswell, probably off guys who have never kicked a ball in their life and sit on the match thread greeting and moaning when Others are at the game
Bang on the money.

The problem is we're still viewed as a soft touch financially. Not only by the media but by other clubs

Celtic year in, year out have been making the big sales. This is nothing new to them.

We've yet to show or prove that we can make the 'buy low, sell high' model work at Ibrox under this regime.

Thankfully Ross Wilson seems to be showing a lot more nous in that regard than the previous incumbent.

Folk are wild, mate.

Dembele went for a sizeable chunk because he did well in Europe. His goals against us were irrelevant.

He had also been one of the best strikers in the championship at the age of 18 and come through the French under age sides. People knew he was a very good young player who had proven he could be effective at a decent level before he came to Scotland.

He had also been one of the best strikers in the championship at the age of 18 and come through the French under age sides. People knew he was a very good young player who had proven he could be effective at a decent level before he came to Scotland.
Spot on, he was excellent at Fulham and i genuinely feared when they got him.

Edouard is a better finisher IMO, but the disparity in price between the two players is laughable.

I think Edouard is more likely to go missing when things are going against the scum. Also get the impression that it wouldn't take much for things to turn toxic with Edouard as well, strikes me as a cunt and the type that would be mad for a dressing room clique.

Don't think they are miles apart though so this bullshit £25m / £30m for Edouard vs £12m odds for Alfie is just a fuckin riddy.

Why is this superstar more often than not posted missing in Europe?

The best team Edouard has scored against is us.

Morelos has done it against Feyenoord, Legia, Porto, Young Boys, Rapid Vienna, Spartak etc.

There’s no comparison. Liam Boyce scored goals for fun in Scotland. The real test is Europe. And Edouard hasn’t been able to score at that level, despite all the diddy draws they have been handed in the qualifiers and Europa group stages.

The best team Edouard has scored against is us.

Morelos has done it against Feyenoord, Legia, Porto, Young Boys, Rapid Vienna, Spartak etc.

There’s no comparison. Liam Boyce scored goals for fun in Scotland. The real test is Europe. And Edouard hasn’t been able to score at that level, despite all the diddy draws they have been handed in the qualifiers and Europa group stages.
Edouard not score against Leipzig and Salzburg in Europe?

Edouard’s speed and composure is what Morelos lacks. They’ll get a big fee for him, as will we for Morelos.

Comparing the two seems odd to me, both different types of strikers

Edouard is a calmer finisher and a more all round player IMO. He also doesn’t have the tag of ill discipline.

They’re both worth a lot and have different attributes. If Alfie has screwed the nut, he’d be worth £30m. We would be mad to let him go for less than £20m though.

I was referring to his technical ability and his scoring from midfield.
So away and lie down yourself.
He has played against no one in Scotland. We have been under strength as a team and up against since we came back to the top division.

Last season is the closest we have ran them until we shat the bed again from January. Rogic Et al have been swanning about in a one horse race for god knows how many years. Look how bad it’s gotten when guys like Lego is being championed as a better player than Barry Ferguson.

From what I’ve seen of him he is slow and when pressured by good players disappears from the game. It’s easy to look good against the Scottish dross who don’t display anywhere near the same level of aggression and effort against Celtc.

Just another over rated guy in an ordinary league in the same category as the thumb.

The constant comparisons between the two are...strange. Never at any point in Rangers-supporting life have I witnessed so many people eager to compare the front two at the Old Firm, even when both teams had considerably better players. It's borne from an feeling of insecurity and doubt, I think.

Alfie’s ceiling is far higher than Eduard’s. He’s already a more consistent goal scorer and that’s without even taking penalties.

The only thing that I think is deterring potential buyers currently is the sense Alfie is a hothead with a poor discipline record. I don’t think anybody here would say Alfie is a bad guy but there are still occasions where he needs to avoid taking the bait on the pitch.

Why is this superstar more often than not posted missing in Europe?

maybe you can tell me? Last season we played on the same nights in the Europa league therefore because I was either away in Europe watching Rangers or on my way to Ibrox to watch Rangers I never seen a single minute of there European games. I don’t know who he’s scored or not scored against in Europe but I’ll guess his numbers aren’t as high as Morelos Because to his massive credit Alfie was very prolific in the Europa league. his two goals against feyenoord (particularly the second), were world class. Two outstanding finishes Porto home and away, and another at YB away.

I can’t remember him missing any guilt edged chances in the Europa group stages off the top of my head either. half chances against young boys away, and braga at hime are all I remember him missing, everything else went in. If Morelos kept up this sort of form he would be a better player, he done it in Europe this season but we need it in all games 8 or 9 games out of ten for him to get a 20million plus transfer imo.

From what I see, the poet looks like a more consistent, more composed finisher without temperament issues therefore that’s why I think he’s a better player who would command a
Higher transfer fee. If people don’t agree with that then fair enough, opinions always vary.

The constant comparisons between the two are...strange. Never at any point in Rangers-supporting life have I witnessed so many people eager to compare the front two at the Old Firm, even when both teams had considerably better players. It's borne from an feeling of insecurity and doubt, I think.
You must’ve been asleep as It’s been going on forever.
We’ve got Ally, feck your Mo?
And not just strikers.
Henderson v Johnstone
McKinnon v McNeill
At least.

To be fair if you look at the goals he has scored against us versus the chances Alfie has missed you must admit the easier chances fell our way. How many times has Alf hit the keeper from about 6yards
I’d love one of their defenders to gift Alfie a freebie the way we gifted them to Edouard.

Both are good players. Got a feeling both players will stay for next season. Obviously would be a boost to us if Edouard left

One thing I’ll add is that I think they would make some partnership up top. Both different players and would complement each other I think.

Any valuations in the mhedia up here are a joke. Do not believe them. Remember the 50000000000000000000000000000000 in Seville.
If we sell Alfie it will be for a good price to suit our club. Could not give a toss about what they get its all going in court fees no matter what they get.

I love the wee guy but he's not scored against them, not scored in the champions league and has temperamental issues - each of these will impact his value whether we like it or not. Ignoring media nonsense and fan hype he isn't "worth" as much at this moment.

If he stays for another season, sorts his discipline out, scores high profile goals against them and keeps doing it in Europe that would change. I think he is the better player but he needs to prove it.
Why do people fall into this Mhedia thing about Alfie not scoring against "them", Sergio Aguero has never scored against Liverpool, Ian Rush played against Man Utd 19 times before scoring against them, does that make them any less than great strikers, I would rather compare Alfies goals in Europe to Edouard, there is no comparison.

Think people are kidding themselves on a bit here.

Morelos is a tremendous striker but he doesn't help himself with his idiotic red cards at times (UFA away, elbowing Brown etc). Bought from Finland at a bargain, South American and seemed to take the huff after Christmas as his form was dreadful (1 goal away to Hamilton). Never scored against that mob in 10/11 games so people will rightly question his composure in front of goal. However did very well in Europe for us which is big plus.

Edouard was bought from PSG, that mob have previous selling players who do well (Dembele, Van Dijk, Armstrong etc). Top goalscorer in league, scored about 5/6 times against us and also in Europe. French under 21 striker and quick check on his stats is very good for them.

Edouard is a better striker in my opinion and they will get big money for him. We just need to make we get something pretty close to that when we sell Alfie though his agent seems to be trying to sell him going by his Twitter.

If they sold him, it would damage them big time IMO. We could sell Morelos and get a decent replacement along with Defoe and it wouldn't affect us too much domestically wise anyways.

I'll be happy when Edouard fcks off somewhere else, no point pretending he isn't a good player.

Alfie will probably go for a similar fee I'd imagine, hopefully we maximise value this time for once.

Hard one this. Alfredo is quicker better agility and finishing is just as good apart from when he lets stuff get to his head. Edouard is younger pretty quick and more relaxed but hasn't been successful in Europe. I'll judge it after another season between them both but price tag might be higher for edouard due to the age unfortunately

Alfie plays with a handicap refs are always on his back as are defenders, bias pundits and bias tabloids!

Yeah he loses it sometimes but the way he is treated it is no surprise!

Dams people have said different types of striker. Consistency vs. moments of brilliance from Alfie. Suarez is a nutter, Would his indiscipline stop you from having him in the team? Not for me.
In an ideal world - I’d keep Alfie and bring in another striker to help.

Why do people fall into this Mhedia thing about Alfie not scoring against "them", Sergio Aguero has never scored against Liverpool, Ian Rush played against Man Utd 19 times before scoring against them, does that make them any less than great strikers, I would rather compare Alfies goals in Europe to Edouard, there is no comparison.

giphy.gif

This is delusional

He is reffed to harsher standards but to suggest he doesn’t have any problems is ridiculous

Our own manager has even acknowledged his discipline issues.

The Scottish media don’t force him to kick out at opponents, sly stamps, kicks etc.
The Scottish media chose to ignore Brown's sly kick at Alfie, when he lashed out and got sent off at the piggery. It was clear to see on film and was only mentioned as being "cheeky". No, it wasn't cheeky, it was a kickout and provoked a reaction.

Controversial (would you believe) opinion:
Alfie is twice the player of that donkey. Celtic players are the most over rated, inflated things you can buy. Alfredo will absolutely sort out his discipline and won't be antagonised by the players and media elsewhere. Any neutral can see it.

Why do people not realise that outside Scotland people will only really class 4 games a season as big games ? If he doesn't score against them then he'll be marked down for it whether you agree or not.

Also you are talking bollocks with your examples, Aguero has scored a few against Liverpool and the Rush comment ? just behave

Because our fans constantly downplay any of our own and probably have very little interest in the wider footballing world (so they don’t appreciate how mad fees are). That makes it easier for the MSM to attribute low fees too.

Celtic fans are the opposite. They’ll spend hours every day telling the world how great even someone like Rogic is.
And you don’t have to search far on this forum to find posters slating players who have value. We know the media get stories from on here, the media will also be drawing their valuations from on here.

Back