Match Thread Eintracht Frankfurt v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - BT Sport

The team picks itself except for one position. That is who plays if Roofe is not fit.

I would honestly play Lowry ahead of Wright, he has much better end product.

Lowry is a man who know how to get a shot on target, he has better shooting skills than Kent.
Agree with this Lowry should feature at some point but got a feeling he will start on the bench

I had a dream of Sakala scoring the winner. It was similar to the one Pele dummied the keeper against Uruguay (and missed) but Sakala scored. The dummy came about by poor control but he gets round him and scores.

Fingers crossed
My latest dream was 3-1. We were 2-0, they got a goal back and we went up the other end, Kamara poked home after a scramble in their box. VAR check took ages.

SuDl4hn.png

NOT ON RANGERSTV WORLDWIDE
CLICK HERE TO WATCH ON BT SPORT FOR FREE

DISCUSSION OF ILLEGAL STREAMS WILL RESULT IN A BAN
Sh1t's getting real

Would like to see Balogun playing and Bassey at left back but got a feeling Gio will keep Barisic in the team
I think Balogun is our best centre back but I know lots of people will disagree

Today I'm so far down the europa league rabbit hole, I realised that if it wasn't for injuries their midfield line up would include Lindstrom, Ramaj, Jakic and Kamada...to go up against Lundstram, Ramsay, Jack and Kamara.
The club was founded in 1899 and have a capacity stadium of around 51,000 South West of the cities main river.
We're basically taking on German replicants of ourselves.

Given they are unbeaten home and away in Europe I hope that Rangers play their own game, leave it all out there and get any luck going. It'll be a big ask and many will underestimate Frankfurt but it's still the toss of a coin. Let's go.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Massive game for the team, management and the fans.

Make us all proud of you Rangers.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

It’s almost here - this is an amazing achievement. I never thought I’d see this day again. Let’s go and do this Rangers.

One positive is most tipping websites have us getting beat.

And they have all been wrong so far.

I just think the way we play is suited for this game. 2-0 with Aribo and Kent

I’m so pleased for all the bears that got to travel but I’m absolutely gutted I can’t make it myself, totally heartbroken that my sperm worked and now I have 2 toddlers to deal when I should have been having beers in the Spanish sunshine

Delighted Bt sport is showing game for free

The previews Ive read thus far are all tipping Frankfurt to win.

Understandable given German Football is another sport compared to Scotland but assessing the two teams in question and gauging their performances to date in this competition, its far closer than is being suggested.

Today I'm so far down the europa league rabbit hole, I realised that if it wasn't for injuries their midfield line up would include Lindstrom, Ramaj, Jakic and Kamada...to go up against Lundstram, Ramsay, Jack and Kamara.
The club was founded in 1899 and have a capacity stadium of around 51,000 South West of the cities main river.
Excellent haha

Understandable given German Football is another sport compared to Scotland but assessing the two teams in question and gauging their performances to date in this competition, its far closer than is being suggested.
This whole Ibrox thing is doing my nuts in.

The toughest venue we have went to we won 4-2

The following games were literally managed to ensure we progressed to the following round. I get that you can overkill analysis but for me if you compare the runs then we both have had a similar knock out theme in that there’s been rough games and both have had to knock out the current favourites at the time.

A lot of very lazy articles looking at their unbeaten record and us losing every away leg apart from Dortmund. Devil is in the details and we did not approach any away leg treating it like a one off tie, but we did for every home leg.

Is Lindstrom definitely out for them? That would be a bonus if he is.

The words that actually came out of the managers mouth was that he trained and maybe be an option.

Seems to me he is 50/50 but they will gamble with him which with a hamstring injury is just nuts

“Eintracht Frankfurt have been given a massive boost ahead of the Europa League Final with the news that Jesper Lindstrom has won his fitness race to face Rangers.

The Danish attacker was hurt in the first leg of the semi-final against West Ham when the Germans won 2-1 at the London Stadium.

There were fears the season was over for the 22-year-old who suffered a thigh injury.

But boss Oliver Glasner has confirmed that he will have the exciting front player in his ranks for the clash against Gio van Bronckhorst's side at the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan stadium”

Guess we will find out tomorrow

“Eintracht Frankfurt have been given a massive boost ahead of the Europa League Final with the news that Jesper Lindstrom has won his fitness race to face Rangers.

The Danish attacker was hurt in the first leg of the semi-final against West Ham when the Germans won 2-1 at the London Stadium.

There were fears the season was over for the 22-year-old who suffered a thigh injury.

But boss Oliver Glasner has confirmed that he will have the exciting front player in his ranks for the clash against Gio van Bronckhorst's side at the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan stadium”

Guess we will find out tomorrow

I'm not sure when this is from but it says - As a result, Ndicka should be fine to line up in Frankfurt's 3-4-2-1 in Seville, where Glasner will certainly be without the services of Diant Ramaj, Jesper Lindstrom and Danny da Costa.

Would like to see Balogun playing and Bassey at left back but got a feeling Gio will keep Barisic in the team
I think Balogun is our best centre back but I know lots of people will disagree

I like Balogun but he's guilty of diving in and going to ground far too often. When he gets it right, it is fantastic but it only takes one badly mistimed and he's off the park.

The Bookies are again having us to lose. This time we dont have a second leg at Ibrox to overcome a 1 goal deficit.
I think this will be very difficult and we will need us to play at our best and carry the luck at times.
I do think we will win but not as easy as many on here think. I expect them to have the better workload and close us down and probably have most of the ball. However we have Kent and Tav both of whom are match winners and we need shagger to do his bit in goal.
IF we can do this winning 2 - 1. I will be over the moon but will also be proud just getting to where we are.
With a 100% effort from players and fans for the whole match we will win without doubt and the cup is ours but it must be 100% and I reckon that is exactly what we will get.

I keep getting visions of us scoring a few quick fire goals and then bursting the net with another few as we run riot against a shell-shocked Frankfurt team.

Whole Rangers allocation bouncing with us 4 nil up with 5 minutes to go. Ah if onlyB-)

A 1 nil is all we need though and despite my mad visions I'm sticking with my 3-1 win and bringing that beautiful trophy home.

All 6no of our party are now in Vilamoura. To kill time I will soon be dropping 4no of them off in Albefeura (they can get taxi back).

Supposed to be working remotely but can’t settle on anything.

I reckon the team will be;

AM

JT CG CB BB

RJ JL GK

JA KR RK

Based on the presser I’m expecting us to line up as follows with Roofe coming off the bench

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic
Jack
Lundstram
Kamara
Ramsey
Aribo
Kent

Back