Enough with the fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can be colourful, fun and overdone all at the same time.
Don’t know why anyone would let off fireworks after yesterday , boring game against a shite Celtic team.

If your dogs scared of fireworks it because you have made them that way. Current pooch got bombarded with firework videos on YouTube from day 1 and taken out on at usual time during Oct/Nov. He doesn’t even bat an eyelid when they go off.

As for not letting them off just now, f*ck that, keep them coming I say. The more scum who’re annoyed the better. Although I fail to see the point in letting them off during the day, just seems like a waste of good fireworks to me.

giphy.gif

Nope, what we've suffered for 10 years warrants an ongoing party which unfortunately for you includes copious amounts of fireworks.

Me and my mates spent a fair whack on fireworks. Because we won the league on the Sunday unexpectedly, we decided to keep them for last night.

Sorry if that upsets you Victor

I know this will likely get me banned (I'm only a lurker so doesn't really matter), get me accused of being a killjoy and a tim but I don't care - can we cut it out with the ridiculous number of fireworks

A few fireworks the day we won 55 was understandable but it has gotten ridiculous. They went on all day that day and it was the same story yesterday. And I fear the same for the final Old Firm game, trophy day, last day of the season, hopefully a cup final etc

You're not just winding up Celtic fans (that would be a noble pursuit), you're pissing off pretty much everyone and causing a lot of stress to people in their own homes. After the year we've all had the last thing people need is more stress

Aside from just merely irritating lots of people you're frightening young kids and elderly people with dementia, upsetting people with PTSD and autism amongst other things, and terrifying countless animals. I personally know of two people in the last year alone - one whose dog died and another whose dog ran off scared and has never been seen again as a result of fireworks. I have a dog with a health condition who is 9 years old now and worry every Guy Fawkes and New Years about him having a heart attack or something. Bad enough when it was just those two days but people seem to break them out for any excuse now

The sooner they get banned the better. There are other ways for us to celebrate

Oh and to whoever let off a few rockets last night at 3am, waking up the household and terrifying my poor dog (sat up for two hours to calm him) - you're not staunch, you're just a selfish arsehole
%^*& off, I have an autistic son and it’s not bothered him one but so don’t lump that in there as a reason!!!

I hope whoever set them off at 3am decides next weekend to set them off at 4am Victor Meldrew.... I dont beliiiiieeeveeeee it

I hate fireworks in general and like the OP would welcome a ban.

however...

we’ve just won the league... anything goes right now :)

I've never liked fireworks, just never saw the appeal of them. I've also got a dog who is terrified of them.

However I'm not going to have a go at our fans for celebrating by letting off a few, there's very little other ways to celebrate together with the current lockdown restrictions.

:D

Dog owners are a total pain in the arse, i have to avoid pavements and paths covered in their pets filth yet they complain about fireworks.

R81e255e0ceeca98084787662c4f7814c
Dog shite can cause kids to lose their sight so should people be banned from owning dogs because some selfish bastards don't pick up their dogs mess? Also the bastards that do pick it up and hang the bag off a tree like it's a bag of shite Christmas decoration.

I know this will likely get me banned (I'm only a lurker so doesn't really matter), get me accused of being a killjoy and a tim but I don't care - can we cut it out with the ridiculous number of fireworks

A few fireworks the day we won 55 was understandable but it has gotten ridiculous. They went on all day that day and it was the same story yesterday. And I fear the same for the final Old Firm game, trophy day, last day of the season, hopefully a cup final etc

You're not just winding up Celtic fans (that would be a noble pursuit), you're pissing off pretty much everyone and causing a lot of stress to people in their own homes. After the year we've all had the last thing people need is more stress

Aside from just merely irritating lots of people you're frightening young kids and elderly people with dementia, upsetting people with PTSD and autism amongst other things, and terrifying countless animals. I personally know of two people in the last year alone - one whose dog died and another whose dog ran off scared and has never been seen again as a result of fireworks. I have a dog with a health condition who is 9 years old now and worry every Guy Fawkes and New Years about him having a heart attack or something. Bad enough when it was just those two days but people seem to break them out for any excuse now

Oh and to whoever let off a few rockets last night at 3am, waking up the household and terrifying my poor dog (sat up for two hours to calm him) - you're not staunch, you're just a selfish arsehole
My dog agrees.
He was a quivering wreck last night

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back