Enough with the fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDeeMac

I know this will likely get me banned (I'm only a lurker so doesn't really matter), get me accused of being a killjoy and a tim but I don't care - can we cut it out with the ridiculous number of fireworks

A few fireworks the day we won 55 was understandable but it has gotten ridiculous. They went on all day that day and it was the same story yesterday. And I fear the same for the final Old Firm game, trophy day, last day of the season, hopefully a cup final etc

You're not just winding up Celtic fans (that would be a noble pursuit), you're pissing off pretty much everyone and causing a lot of stress to people in their own homes. After the year we've all had the last thing people need is more stress

Aside from just merely irritating lots of people you're frightening young kids and elderly people with dementia, upsetting people with PTSD and autism amongst other things, and terrifying countless animals. I personally know of two people in the last year alone - one whose dog died and another whose dog ran off scared and has never been seen again as a result of fireworks. I have a dog with a health condition who is 9 years old now and worry every Guy Fawkes and New Years about him having a heart attack or something. Bad enough when it was just those two days but people seem to break them out for any excuse now

The sooner they get banned the better. There are other ways for us to celebrate

Oh and to whoever let off a few rockets last night at 3am, waking up the household and terrifying my poor dog (sat up for two hours to calm him) - you're not staunch, you're just a selfish arsehole

I know this will likely get me banned (I'm only a lurker so doesn't really matter), get me accused of being a killjoy and a tim but I don't care - can we cut it out with the ridiculous number of fireworks

A few fireworks the day we won 55 was understandable but it has gotten ridiculous. They went on all day that day and it was the same story yesterday. And I fear the same for the final Old Firm game, trophy day, last day of the season, hopefully a cup final etc

You're not just winding up Celtic fans (that would be a noble pursuit), you're pissing off pretty much everyone and causing a lot of stress to people in their own homes. After the year we've all had the last thing people need is more stress

Aside from just merely irritating lots of people you're frightening young kids and elderly people with dementia, upsetting people with PTSD and autism amongst other things, and terrifying countless animals. I personally know of two people in the last year alone - one whose dog died and another whose dog ran off scared and has never been seen again as a result of fireworks. I have a dog with a health condition who is 9 years old now and worry every Guy Fawkes and New Years about him having a heart attack or something. Bad enough when it was just those two days but people seem to break them out for any excuse now

Oh and to whoever let off a few rockets last night at 3am, waking up the household and terrifying my poor dog (sat up for two hours to calm him) - you're not staunch, you're just a selfish arsehole

I don't think admin give out bans for being a boring bastard, you'll be fine mate.

(Only joking btw, not a fan of them myself)

Keep this shite for Facebook!

agree with the OP, a co ordinated one off is fine but keeping it up every game we play is not fair on others.
in saying that its 10 years since we won a title and many havent witnessed it before, so can understand the enthuisiasm.
Make the trophy day / Hopefully winning the Scottish Cup the last ones please :)

I have never been a fan of indiscriminate fireworks, but if it is pissing off Celtic fans, I'm all for it

Go have a word with the people setting them off near you. Moaning on here won’t change a thing

o-VICTOR-MELDREW-570.jpg

And your fireworks were set off by the match of Rangers fans with a login on here?

For all you know it could be the mhanky mob out celebrating their wonderful single point from yesterday's draw.

If you have a local problem, posting on here really ain't gonna fix anything locally for you.

%^*& up

I like ridiculous, but not at 3 am.

With fireworks and banners, all around,
We proudly sing this song.

I'm not the biggest fan of fireworks at the best of times because I'm a moany cnt, and if it were any other year under any other set if circumstances I might even agree, but right now I can't grudge folk a bit of fun.

You say we can celebrate in other ways? I mean, not really, some tried that and Scotland collectively clutched its pearls. If people were allowed to gather and celebrate properly I can guarantee there wouldn't be anywhere near as many fireworks going off.

Suppose we may as well children not to waking up early at Christmas while were at it.boring old sod.no surrender w.a.t.p

Folk can and will do as they please, on that basis it’s likely the fireworks will continue until the end of the season. Sorry mate.

You should make a petition to have them banned if you feel so strongly against them.

Try homemade indoor fireworks - Just catch a bundle of moths, dip them in petrol then just release them into a room filled with lit candles. Inexpensive and hours of fun.......

You Fud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back