Enzo Maresca their first choice for new manager

Surely they wont be daft enough to appoint Roy Keane?

That would be a mental decision. Wrong man, wrong time, wrong club. You name it.

Another combustible Irishman with a long track record of deflecting blame, starting rows out of nothing, and throwing players under a bus.

Sincerely hope it happens.

They have a bit of a conundrum.

In reality, they should allow their new manager time to settle and build a squad. In much the way we did with SG. That means accepting they won't win the title next season. It's about the long-term.

However, due to our exploits in Europe next season's champions go direct into the Champions League.

The pressure is on their new guy straight from the off.

I'd imagine if it is this Maresca chap, they'd probably look to bring him in as a coach, with a diddy like Kennedy as the front man to take the flak.

I don't think this makes much sense, Maresca isn't going to leave his current managerial role to be a coach under that diddy.

If you are a Celtic fan, or in anyway interested in Celtic and were trying to be realistic in their ability to bounce back there are so many considerations. Barring a total collapse in Rangers next year, several injuries, Gerrard leaving. board forcing too many key players sold, it's unlikely that they could win the league season 21-22.

Their team is falling apart, but even before that, their "style' was like an average amateur team. Goals were scored simply as a function of their players being better than other players in Scotland. There was no discernable system. When they came up against better teams, that wasn't good enough.

So take out the better players, and you are in deep trouble. They should be able to re-invest much of that money, but with recruitment being so critical how can they do that? They need a team to hit the ground running for Europe in maybe July, so you are looking at a squad assembled in mid-June. The players who they shift, would require to be sold to clubs who don't do their business so early. The first window will be tough. However, the extended window, may have them start to get their act together by late September, if - unlike this year- they recruit some decent players. However, by then they could be out of Europe- with the loss of that revenue and with the loss of that attraction for players.

So even with decent recruitment, they could toil early on. With our performances in Europe giving two CL places, maybe their targets should be lowered to one of those spots for 22-23. Season21-22, if they don't want to be in a freefall for several years has to be a rebuilding season. However, like season 88-89, their delusion will be their downfall. I'm not sure they realize how far they have fallen and how far we have climbed.

Never mind the pit boots, get the spikey golf shoes out.

I like spikey golf shoes.

But we should never get complacent.

All we can do is keep on keeping on our progression.

As much as I didn't like him, ba face had an eye for a player. While we were paying 100k for Colin Stein they were getting Dixie Deans for possibly half that price. (Don't quote me) While we were spending 50k on Alex McDonald, they were bringing in players like Tommy Callghan and Stevie Murray who kept their steam rolling on. Amongst others.

Glen Kamara proves to me that it is not and never will be about 'Marquee signings'. People at our club looked at his ability and potential and targeted him, because they had the vision to see what he could bring to the side. It has reaped its rewards. That is my happiness there right now.

It is also how we go forward. That third goal on Saturday, that run and overlap from Kent to finish with the ball that finally went through to Hagi for the third goal simply summed us up.

So much still to look forward to.

I remember Rodgers blatant narcissism about him saying he was man of the match against Real Madrid when he was on loan at Betis and it was found that Musonda never actually played against him
Aye Rodgers was telling constant lies when up here. Best story was the Rangers fan stopping him in the Clyde tunnel and thanking him for saving Scottish football or some pish!

They are putting a lot of stock in this guys success with the Man City U23s, completely failing to realise that the system and training methods used are dictated by by Guardiola.

Our very own Kenny McDowall won 9nrow did he not with their reserves means nothing if you cant manage the big team.

As much as I didn't like him, ba face had an eye for a player. While we were paying 100k for Colin Stein they were getting Dixie Deans for possibly half that price. (Don't quote me) While we were spending 50k on Alex McDonald, they were bringing in players like Tommy Callghan and Stevie Murray who kept their steam rolling on. Amongst others.

Glen Kamara proves to me that it is not and never will be about 'Marquee signings'. People at our club looked at his ability and potential and targeted him, because they had the vision to see what he could bring to the side. It has reaped its rewards. That is my happiness there right now.

It is also how we go forward. That third goal on Saturday, that run and overlap from Kent to finish with the ball that finally went through to Hagi for the third goal simply summed us up.

I think we're in safe hands at the moment in that respect. We've been so successful at it, I almost don't want us to go out splashing money on famous and well established players anymore. I want the relatively unheard of Joe Aribos, Kamaras, from within these shores and the £2/3m tops overseas guys like Hagi and Helander.

Guys wanting to make a name for themselves and are on the way up.

I think we're in safe hands at the moment in that respect. We've been so successful at it, I almost don't want us to go out splashing money on famous and well established players anymore. I want the relatively unheard of Joe Aribos, Kamaras, from within these shores and the £2/3m tops overseas guys like Hagi and Helander.

Guys wanting to make a name for themselves and are on the way up.
You are absolutely preaching to the converted, squire.

They are putting a lot of stock in this guys success with the Man City U23s, completely failing to realise that the system and training methods used are dictated by by Guardiola.
Aye but he will just tell them how pep does it and they will be brilliant.

Or they will throw bricks at his car.

• Haha
Reactions: fmp

No doubt. As I kind of alluded to in the first post, we are playing to a system. As random as that wonderful goal on Saturday would appear, I just have the feeling that it was a result of work on the training field. Maybe not step for step, but our players knew their role in the build up. There was a point in the Old Firm (c) at Sharkhead , where Kent stepped back in the inside left position for a cut back from the left wing which he took first time with this left foot. I think it was saved (probably not, must have hit the post). You'll remember I could have given the same description from Kent's goal in the Dec 29th 2019 game, or the same description for Kent hitting the post v's Hibs the previous week. . What that showed to me was how drilled we are and how lazy, arrogant or incompetent Celtic are, seeing the same thing three times and falling for it twice. I thought from that point we could win the league.

Where am I going? We play in what looks random, but everything is choreographed. Our system allows players to come in and know what they are doing, once SG has go them physically up to shape (can you believe that - 4kg of muscle before yo can start a game!) This is why Glen Kamara can come in and be so effective right away and become even better the more he plays. As opposed to Jonas Thern vs Gothenburg in 1997 who admitted he had no idea where he should be playing.

As far as recruitment goes, we are signing players for roles, not a marquee player to kick the ball to for him to change the game single handedly. Don't get me wrong I'd love a Laudrup in the team, but that's not possible in the crazy world of football anymore. I think the signing and performances of Scott Wright will really show if this model works.

Back