Erik Ten Hag

Hmm Utrecht were knocked out by some Luxembourg team before he came along? Scary coincidence.

However 'From now on, the focus changed. Players were required to train multiple times a day, and the club had to strictly keep track of what players were eating. Ten Hag closely kept track of players movements, decisions and passes during games so he could properly analyse their performance.'

Yeah that would be another Scottish player revolt.

Hmm Utrecht were knocked out by some Luxembourg team before he came along? Scary coincidence.

However 'From now on, the focus changed. Players were required to train multiple times a day, and the club had to strictly keep track of what players were eating. Ten Hag closely kept track of players movements, decisions and passes during games so he could properly analyse their performance.'

The Nando’s tax would be too much. Goddam this progressive football.

He's a good coach, he's highly rated for his work with Utrecht. He almost pumped Zenit with a team of free transfers compared to the multi millions Zenit pumped into their team. He was applauded by Zenit for his efforts. He's a good manager, one we should interview. Better than McInnes and seems to have a few formations and strategy's for different opponents, similar to Preud'homme.

Erik Ten Hag is the stand out guy for me.

Has everything we are looking for.

If he's good enough for Ajax at present, he's good enough for us at present.

Would be more than just a manager I think, absolutely pivotal in shaping our future also.

If we don't get him and he goes elsewhere transforming a big name, we will be left wondering what might have been.

No regrets Rangers, go for him.

This is the preposterous situation we now have, where progressive minded coaches are likely to be eschewed due to the probability of a player revolt.

This is the preposterous situation we now have, where progressive minded coaches are likely to be eschewed due to the probability of a player revolt.

And the Scottish players at that....

After Pedro embarrassed the journos with his questions about the state of Scottish football, you'd think maybe some of the players would step back and have a think about what he said, instead of deciding that they know best.

It’s not just a player revolt. It’s players, media, pundits and anyone from the “old boys club” promoting the “must have a manager who knows what Rangers are about” theory. That appears to be where we are right now and rather than consider all candidates, I think the board will go down the narrower, supposedly safer route, to appease this body of opinion. It’s an unfortunate reality.

Yup, i honestly believe if this guy came in our players would down tools if he tried all that progressive shite. How dare Johnny Foreigner tell us Scots how to improve.

And the Scottish players at that....

After Pedro embarrassed the journos with his questions about the state of Scottish football, you'd think maybe some of the players would step back and have a think about what he said, instead of deciding that they know best.

Our last two foreign managers have been more or less run out of the club by homegrown players who didn’t fancy their methods.

Think about that for a minute.

The future direction and prosperity of the club should not be compromised by situations such as this.

Care to explain?
I'd say it's almost certain that we'll go British,most likely Scottish.
Going European just comes with too many risks at this particular time.
Despite the usual comnents to the contrary,most Europeans have little or no inkling as to the levels of expectation,the demands and the constant scrutiny that this job brings and that leads to problems.

Going British is no guaruntee of success but it's a safer,more sensible way to go this time.

Our last two foreign managers have been more or less run out of the club by homegrown players who didn’t fancy their methods.

The future direction and prosperity of the club should not be compromised by situations such as this.

Never mind the players half the people on the FF don't want a Foreigner in charge of Rangers, For no other reason than they aren't British

The board should be fully behind any new man, and King himself should be in there telling the players this before the new guy arrives, emphasising that if they don't get behind any training methods or philosophies, they will be out the door before they can say 'crazy foreigner'.

we need to remember not all managers will be keen to work with a DOF, we also need a coach not just a manager, and this guy seems to tick all the boxes.

Dejavu I’ve been banging on about this guy since Pedro got sacked on several threads and also shared that article last week. He would be my number one choice thanks for starting the thread AM.

Much as I would love to have a foreign coach getting us to play free flowing continental football , that doesn't work against the cluggers that we have in Scotland.

Reading that article it's clear he was good at rebuilding his team on a small budget using Dutch players that knows and that know the league, not as easy to do that in a new country.
Utrecht has no pressure to be challenging for the league so that's another big difference.

Reading that article it's clear he was good at rebuilding his team on a small budget using Dutch players that knows and that know the league, not as easy to do that in a new country.
Utrecht has no pressure to be challenging for the league so that's another big difference.

I responded to a similar post, who out of the realistic potential candidates has dealt with titles pressure? Not having a go I’m asking the question, other than Preud’Homme who I also think would be a decent appointment. Who would you suggest as the next boss?

I responded to a similar post, who out of the realistic potential candidates has dealt with titles pressure? Not having a go I’m asking the question, other than Preud’Homme who I also think would be a decent appointment. Who would you suggest as the next boss?
I really wish I knew mate, I have no clue who I want.
I'm not dismissing this guy either just pointing out the difference between success at Utrecht and success a Rangers

There's no pressure here either to challenge for the league. In a year or 2 yes, right now...I think we are all realistic.

There's no pressure here either to challenge for the league. In a year or 2 yes, right now...I think we are all realistic.
Not so sure mate, maybe not a pressure for us to win the league but defo a pressure to challenge for it and with no team able to beat them even that's goin to be hard.

I really wish I knew mate, I have no clue who I want.
I'm not dismissing this guy either just pointing out the difference between success at Utrecht and success a Rangers

I agree in terms of pressure, but we need to treat managers like players. We can’t get top dollar anymore so we need up and coming managers who see us a shop window for England. Other than MPH who I’ve mentioned, no other manager linked with Ibrox has done as well at every club he has managed as ETH. McInnes failed horribly at Bristol with a decent squad, Moyes well we all know what happened there etc etc.

I suspect the board will stay British but for me that’s ridiculous, our last two British managers were terrible. PC was never a sensible appointment as he had an average CV and no reputation not to mention no recognised style of play. I’m convinced this guy will turn into a very good manager, sadly the boat will have maybe disappeared into the distance by then, it is all about opinions though :)

The people who don't like the methods should be gone with them.

The people who don't like the methods should be gone with them.

And yet there was two goal match winner Kenny Miller given a rousing reception as he left the field yesterday.

The support only care about winning football matches, but the board need to seriously consider the future strategy of the club and whether foreign managers are compatible with a myopic football culture in Scotland.

And yet there was two goal match winner Kenny Miller given a rousing reception as he left the field yesterday.

The support only care about winning football matches, but the board need to seriously consider the future strategy of the club and whether foreign managers are compatible with a myopic football culture in Scotland.

I cheered Millers goals the same as everyone else but for the good of the team anyone who isn't willing to give the manager a proper chance should be out on thier ear.

Hopefully guys like ETH are known by our new DoF and are being considered for the position, rather than going with the 'local' option only.

Would be another experiment IMO

What would be experimental mate?

Ten Hag knows exactly how to overhaul, has done it.

Our club needs moulding and shaping for the future while delivering a winning team in the present.

This would be the very best managerial signing for now, our medium term future and long term future.

Just my opinion but what a calamitous failing if we don't go for him.

Ten Hag is better equipped and more knowledgeable than McInnes will ever be.

Bayern Munich and Ajax don't come calling if you're a mug mate.

Who of renown would want McInnes?
My point is not that McInnes is a managerial genius, it's that that claiming not going for this guy is a "calamitous failing" is a hysterical comment to make. It's not like Jose Mourhinio was in the Sunday Mail this morning pleading with Dave King to bring him to Ibrox, ignoring that in my book would be a "calamitous failing." Ten Hag looks decent (no more) on paper, but if we're operating a CV exercise and you believe what is in the media he isn't even the top candidate on that metric, the Belgian is.

Who'll pick up the weans from school, I've got a 4 ball at 2pm, nae Nandos or monster munch you say. We'll see about that, quick phone Barry or Boydy, they'll know whit tae dae. Anyway, whit dae you foreigners know aboot fitba.

Back