Euro 2028 - UK & Ireland

Strange to see Croke Park mentioned.i know the Irish played a few games there when the other ground was getting built but I thought the GAA still had a ban on foreign sports being played there

I think they’re hoping for some investment to redevelop it and bring it up to capacity. They’ll need to, otherwise there’ll be no stadiums in NI.
I believe the plan is dependent on Casememt Park GAA stadium in West Belfast being redeveloped. Its supposed to end up having about 30 / 35k.

It was supposed to be done at the time Windsor and Ravenhill were redeveloped but has been held up with High Court challenges from residents complaining about it taking light from their gardens.

Would be funny to see NI and England play each in the heart of that Republican cesspit.

Strange to see Croke Park mentioned.i know the Irish played a few games there when the other ground was getting built but I thought the GAA still had a ban on foreign sports being played there
That went when the Rugby and Football was allowed in.

Was great hearing GSTQ there.

The rules for numbers of stadiums in different cities is a fūcking farce, given that the 8 stadiums that are being used in the Qatar World Cup are all within about a 20 mile radius.

I suppose when you're offered all that cash though...

Back