Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

If the game is next Tuesday it would have been announced by now whether it was either St Josephs or Prishtina but that not the issue

This is where Rangers fail on - communication as they easily put out a statement saying if when the games could be
That would add to the confusion

I'm probably rooting for prishtina, playing Thursday and not Tuesday is probably the better preparation. They also look like they will at least try and open up and have a go

That probably sways me to the Gibraltar side then if it means a Thursday kick off, less travel, more Bears...plastic pitch I believe but be nice to get the Monkey off Murphy's back in that sense.
Feel for the Bears on both sides with flights booked to Kosovo and Gibraltar, couldn't do it myself

It's ridiculous we (the fans) could be in Spain / Gibraltar a week today and we are still none the wiser.

Hopefully for the sake of booking time as well as not having to alter annual leave, Pristina do the business tomorrow evening.
Sadly not a new problem, the issue of the draw format /round qualification has been there for years

In 2004 champions league qualifiers for example we were drawn away against either CSKA Moscow or team from Baku, their 1st leg game was a draw, 2nd leg was the Wednesday night (4th Augus), CSKA won, so off to Russia,it was Rangers & travel club flight was the Monday 9th August (collected visas at the airport after going up to Ibrox on the Friday to give passports to the travel club who got them processed by Russian embassy in Edinburgh special emergency on the Saturday) the game was the Tuesday night.

Change in the biometrics visa requirements for Russia these days wouldn’t allow that , would’ve had to go through in person to get visa as folk did for UFA and Spartak.

Novo’s 1st goal competitive goal for rangers that game for the trivia question fans

The tourist in me would rather tick off trip to Kosovo , looks far more interesting place
Gibraltar a lot easier / less hassle at short notice to get too though

Hope those that booked early get a result that sees them ok, only time I took plunge to book in advance was years back, booked flights to Kaunas thinking they’d get through the tie v. zeta from Montenegro no problem. Zeta surprised us as they won comfortably in home leg

Rangers were playing ajax in friendly at Ibrox whilst the 2nd leg was happening, Kaunas won but not by enough, a real pisser of a result
lost I think £70 on return flights (back in the days when Ryanair flights were very cheap & they did flights to lot more destinations from Glasgow / Prestwick

(less options these days with Ryanair / easyJet from Glasgow that’s for sure now

Ironically Zeta turned out to be one of my favourite away trips with rangers, stayed in Dubrovnik had great time there either side of the game and scenery was fantastic on coastal road before crossing into Montenegro

(Just checking back , rangers was 1-1 with Ajax that night, can’t seen to find the scorers though

The tourist in me would rather tick off trip to Kosovo , looks far more interesting place
Gibraltar a lot easier / less hassle at short notice to get too though

Hope those that booked early get a result that sees them ok, only time I took plunge to book in advance was years back, booked flights to Kaunas thinking they’d get through the tie v. zeta from Montenegro no problem. Zeta surprised us as they won comfortably in home leg

Rangers were playing ajax in friendly at Ibrox whilst the 2nd leg was happening, Kaunas won but not by enough, a real pisser of a result
lost I think £70 on return flights (back in the days when Ryanair flights were very cheap & they did flights to lot more destinations from Glasgow / Prestwick

(less options these days with Ryanair / easyJet from Glasgow that’s for sure now

Ironically Zeta turned out to be one of my favourite away trips with rangers, stayed in Dubrovnik had great time there either side of the game and scenery was fantastic on coastal road before crossing into Montenegro

(Just checking back , rangers was 1-1 with Ajax that night, can’t seen to find the scorers though

Cuellar scores a header and Heitinga equalised for Ajax , after scrapping with Darcheville

Just looking at the odds, Prishtina still 1/3 on to qualify despite the away goal. St Joseph’s 9/4.

Didn’t think enough of either team based on what I saw of the game last week to call it but potentially a money making opportunity there.

Just looking at the odds, Prishtina still 1/3 on to qualify despite the away goal. St Joseph’s 9/4.

Didn’t think enough of either team based on what I saw of the game last week to call it but potentially a money making opportunity there.
Based on last week St Josephs are well overpriced there.

You can't tell me that with an away goal advantage, they're only going through c. 31% of the time.

Odds are shortening on bet365 - just fired a wee insurance bet on incase gibraltar win

Game is goalless at half-time not much between the teams going by bet365s tracker. Could be a trip to spain for some next week:cool:

Are we likely to get confirmation straight after the other Gibraltar game as to whether it’s Tuesday or Thursday or will it be friday before we find out

Are we likely to get confirmation straight after the other Gibraltar game as to whether it’s Tuesday or Thursday or will it be friday before we find out

We should do on the Thursday the result alone will tell whether next Tuesday or Thursday

We should do on the Thursday the result alone will tell whether next Tuesday or Thursday
Ha, so we got about 3 days to sort out travel plans. Even the team wont know when to travel as of yet. UEFA is a shambles for travelling fans.

my first message an ah've got a Tim picture, need to sort that.

that's better!

Last edited:
Europa FC - Sant Julia match kicks off at half seven, Sant Julia up 3-2. Game is in Gibraltar.

If Sant Julia go through, we play on Thursday. If Europa go through, we're probably Tuesday.

Europa FC - Sant Julia match kicks off at half seven, Sant Julia up 3-2. Game is in Gibraltar.

If Sant Julia go through, we play on Thursday. If Europa go through, we're probably Tuesday.
I don’t know anything about these team mate, what are you basing ‘we’re probably Tuesday’ on?

I don’t know anything about these team mate, what are you basing ‘we’re probably Tuesday’ on?
Been on here before, but both Europa and St Josephs share a stadium. If Europa win they get priority for the home leg over St Josephs, because they are the domestic cup winners. So they will play on the Thursday night, and we will have to play a different night - presumably the Tuesday.

Been on here before, but both Europa and St Josephs share a stadium. If Europa win they get priority for the home leg over St Josephs, because they are the domestic cup winners. So they will play on the Thursday night, and we will have to play a different night - presumably the Tuesday.
Sorry mate I read that wrong I thought you were tipping to Europa to win and that we would be playing Tuesday

Back