Europa league draw - Home v Galatasaray or Split

Mhanks

Dynamo Brest (BLR)
Red Star Belgrade (SRB)
Ludogorets (BUL)
Sarajevo (BIH) / Budućnost Podgorica (MNE)
Ararat-Armenia (ARM) / Celje (SVN)

Sheep

LASK (AUT) / Dunajská Streda (SVK)
Rijeka (CRO) / Kolos Kovalivka (UKR)
Rosenborg (NOR) / Alanyaspor (TUR)

Motherwell

Basel (SUI) / Anorthosis (CYP)
Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) / SønderjyskE (DEN)
Beşiktaş (TUR) / Rio Ave (POR)

Bheasts would struggle against Dynamo Brest and definitely against Red Star. Aside from that, they’ll qualify

Hopefully we can too

Quite right!

I was just glad the other Scots scraped through last night. I don't give two hoots for their clubs or fans, but Motherwell going out would have hit our coefficient in a year where it already seems like it could be a low scoring year. Aberdeen are stuffed in the next round, but 'Well could just scrape through in Isreal and I really hope they can if i'm honest. Even found myself celebrating Carson's penalty saves last night! Haha

Willem are a good team. And there would be no shame in going out to them. They deserve respect from the fans and we can't assume we will progress. That said, I hope the team show them no respect and treat them like the spfl fodder are just now and play our game how we like it.

That's the matter wi this forum, we are always two or three steps in advance of the opponents in front of us. Last week we had us four league fixtures ahead, now it's not wantin to face spurs when we still have to face willem tway.

Get fuukin real.

1 Galatasaray (TUR) / Hajduk Split (CRO)
2 Shkëndija (MKD) / Tottenham (ENG)
3 Standard Liège (BEL) / Vojvodina (SRB)
4 APOEL (CYP) / Zrinjski (BIH)

Possible opponents

No easy ones but fingers crossed for a game against the winner of match 3 or 4, 4 at home would be a great draw APOEL don’t seem to be the team they were a few seasons ago.

We have to beat Willem first, that’s not a given!!
Assuming that, would I be correct in thinking Apoel at home would be the most favourable draw for us?

Hoping for APOEL. Aside from that, a home game would be the best outcome.

The grouping seems especially tough this year.

It will be Spurs is my hunch.

UEFA will likely draw the matches based on the likely qualifiers and have them paired with the nearest team geographically to minimise travel

Anyone know if any of our possible opponents (if we progress) don't have an approved stadium?

To be fair, we’ve benefitted from knocking a seed out and taking their draw. Let’s face it, the sheep aren’t getting past Sporting Lisbon!

Sporting have been battered by covid. It's still an ask, but if it keeps running through their club then the sheep have a chance.

I said the last round Willem was the best draw out of a tough bunch and we got them

This time Apoel please

I’ll even take them over there

Bheasts would struggle against Dynamo Brest and definitely against Red Star. Aside from that, they’ll qualify

Hopefully we can too

Dynamo Brest are rubbish mate and haven’t gotten past play offs of European competition in their history.

Think Ludogorets are pretty good, won last 9 Bulgarian titles and got to last 32 of europa last year getting beat off Inter Milan.

Right, the obligatory "let's focus on Willem II first" disclaimer (which seems very much a 50/50 tie to me, will be delighted if we can overcome them on their own patch).

But assuming all the seeds get through, APOEL and Liege would represent a decent opportunity to progress imo, not an awful lot to fear there (in comparison to the teams we took care of last campaign anyway).

Galatasaray may not be the force they once were but would still be a tough test, certainly away from home.

And spurs? Would be a glamour tie and a half, no doubt about it - although pity it wouldn't be played in front of the full house it would deserve. Don't think we've ever faced a Mourinho team before so would be nice to see the Special / Crabbit One at Ibrox. I'd give us half a chance but lets be honest, they would be heavy, heavy favourites especially if they get a boost from the imminent return of Bale and chances are it would be no group stages for us. But the tie itself would certainly get the juices flowing and would be a tremendous game to get hyped up for.

Even so, APOEL at home please...

If the sheep are seeded they'll deserve it. They've plenty on to get a win in Lisbon.

We are due a home tie. Even so, if we get Spurs or the Turks we will have our hands full.

We've pulled off some great results in this competition in the last two years so I'm gonna stay optimistic.

I genuinely believe if we drew spurs we could beat them.

Folk need to remember teams will be looking at us as a team they'd hope not to get
I'd hope to get Spurs anaw. With playing a Scottish team no doubt Spurs will be thinking all they have to do win is just turn up. But worried about a Harry Kane motivational speech though as he is quite the orator!! Like a white Barack Obama.

I'd hope to get Spurs anaw. With playing a Scottish team no doubt Spurs will be thinking all they have to do win is just turn up. But worried about a Harry Kane motivational speech though as he is quite the orator!! Like a white Barack Obama.
I really need to see this spurs documentary. I'm hearing so much about these speeches haha

Spurs would be massive if we had crowds , I’d be gutted to get them with no fans allowed in . Is this one a two leg or one leg affair ? Would be huge box office playing them in their new stadium and at Ibrox . Hope we avoid them and Wolfsburg

I really need to see this spurs documentary. I'm hearing so much about these speeches haha
Harry Kane speech verbatim- c'mon guys kick a f##king ball and score a goal. He was getting mocked for his speeches but after watching Dele Ali get confused by the intricacies of brushing ones teeth maybe Kane does have to remind the players to "kick a ball" and "score a goal".

Spurs would be massive if we had crowds , I’d be gutted to get them with no fans allowed in . Is this one a two leg or one leg affair ? Would be huge box office playing them in their new stadium and at Ibrox . Hope we avoid them and Wolfsburg

Back