Europa League draw - Rangers will play Slavia Prague

Slavia Prague will be favourites to go through but we certainly have a good chance of beating them. I'm pleased we avoided the big guns.

No easy games at this stage but this gives us a chance to progress to quarter finals. Good draw for us.

That's a decent draw and it's a winnable tie. Granada being paired with Molde is also good for us IMO. If we get through and we get paired with the Molde or Granada winners, we could be looking at a possible last 4 spot. I know there are a lot of ifs be hey you got to dream.
Pleased to see AC Milan and Man U come out together as well. Gets rid of one of the favorites.

Well clear at the top of their league which is across the balance a much higher standard than ours. Tough test but player for player we are definitely better.
I doubt their league is that much better. Czech Republic are 19th in the country coefficient and we are 11th. We will be moving up to 9th next season as things stand and they will be moving up to 18th.

For example, Jablonec finished 4th last season (same position currently). They went out 5-3 to Dunajska Streda in the first round of the EL, who went on to lose 7-0 to LASK in the second round. The season before that Pyunik from Armenia put them out in the first round. At least Aberdeen will normally win a game or two before going out (NSI and Viking this season).

Yess!!! We'll do them no bother. B-D :shh:B-D

Would like the winners of Granada v Molde in the last 8 please.
Would take Kiev or Villarreal as well, and I think Kiev will win that. There is likely an upset somewhere as well maybe Young Boys. That would give us almost a 50/50 chance of being favourites to get to the semi. Slavia Prague will be tough but we should win.

Think both sets of fans will be happy with that draw, they will fancy their chances as much as we do.
Should be two good games.
Confident Rangers will do the business.

I watched the Slavia game last night. They were only just better than a garbage Leicester. I don't see them as any better than the teams we've already faced.
They are unbeaten in their league mate and miles ahead of Sparta who we know thumped the yahoos 4/1 twice . Anyone thinking this won’t be hard needs to rethink

very tough tie. Another side also unbeaten
Domestically, they have had a couple of hosings in Europe.

It's it 100% we get Granada or Molde next ?

This will definitely be a tough tie, but if we can tighten up at the back in confident we can score every game.

No 'easy' ties at this stage but this is certainy winnable.

They're averaging around 2 goals for per game domestically and 1 against. In EL it's 1+ v 1-

We're averaging 2.5 v 0.3 domestically and 2 v 1 in EL.

Unlikely to be the goal fest of the Antwerp tie and I think the message is that our defence has to turn up. We've got enough in attack I think.

This will be another excellent gauge of how good we are. Slavia Prague are 4 spots behind us in Fivethirtyeight's table (62nd and 66th) so it is an incredibly close match (Antwerp in 176th).

I doubt their league is that much better. Czech Republic are 19th in the country coefficient and we are 11th. We will be moving up to 9th next season as things stand and they will be moving up to 18th.

For example, Jablonec finished 4th last season (same position currently). They went out 5-3 to Dunajska Streda in the first round of the EL, who went on to lose 7-0 to LASK in the second round. The season before that Pyunik from Armenia put them out in the first round. At least Aberdeen will normally win a game or two before going out (NSI and Viking this season).

Two dominant city teams very much like us in our league.

Sparta and Slavia from Prague and us and them from Glasgow.

This is just a more higher profile game than what the lesser teams from said citys produced earlier in the season.

So far 8-2 to Prague.

Hopefully we bring back some respect to Glasgow here.

Their result against FC Midtjylland looks like a bit of a freak result. Prague were winning 1-0 with 25 mins to go and conceded 3 in the last 10 mins alone.

They are unbeaten in their league mate and miles ahead of Sparta who we know thumped the yahoos 4/1 twice . Anyone thinking this won’t be hard needs to rethink
We're unbeaten in our league and miles ahead of the scum. Sparta v Scum has no relevance here. It's another 50:50 game for us. Slavia are nothing special and were as good a draw as we were getting in this round. They'll be as happy as us with the draw.

Two dominant city teams very much like us in our league.

Sparta and Slavia from Prague and us and them from Glasgow.

This is just a more higher profile game than what the lesser teams from said citys produced earlier in the season.

So far 8-2 to Prague.

Hopefully we bring back some respect to Glasgow here.
That should be the statement for this tie, "So far this season Prague are 8-2 up on aggregate against Glasgow, but that was the lesser teams. Time for the cities giants to do battle"

All tough games now and having just taken out a top 4 EPL side they will be favourites, but I think we can give them problems.

Tough tie, but winnable.
First match away from home good as well, no travel after 2nd leg 3 days before we play the mentally challengeds.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_SK_Slavia_Prague_season

This has their results from this season. Similar to us in terms of league results but it’s a bigger league so there will be more cannon fodder in there.

Some good results in Europe and managed to beat Leicester, Leverkusen and beat a struggling Nice twice. When they do lose they seem to lose by big margins (4-1, 3-0 and 4-0)

As I posted earlier - it's by no means an easy match-up, but we're definitely capable of winning it.

But what I don't understand is why some posters were hoping for Man U? The prospect of our defense facing Cavini, Rashsford and Marital, with Fernandes and Pogba in midfield, hardly fills me with confidence -in fact we'd likely get a real doing!!

Back