Europa League Draw

Quick heads up, following the draw you can use sky scanner to find cheap flights by using the country rather than city option. So if we draw brags select Portugal not Porto as destination. Sometimes it’s cheaper flying to Lisbon and getting the train over

Better be able to do our own thing because no fucking way am I travelling 340 miles north to travel 220 south!

I was at the last game at Man Utd and me and my mate didn’t school trip it all the way down. We got the train to Wigan and then met with the buses at DW Stadium and got our tickets from there. Had a great time in the DW.

How much fannying about are they likely to do before the draw actually starts?

Hunners mate.

I would expect at least 2 legends to be introduced, followed by a ticker-tape parade, a 10 minute video montage of group stage highlights, a toast to all delegates present, cutting of the cake, explanation of how the teams are seeded, explanation of how they will draw the balls, explanation of how they will open said balls, 5 minute video montage re-iterating the ball drawing/opening process, a record 20 minute standing ovation for the presenters, another legend coming on to officially commence the draw...

You may think I've gone too far, but not as far they go :cool:

Are we likely to be at home first - with the CL team/1st place team getting the benefit of being at home in the second leg?

Want to avoid Benfica. Top of their league and not long scudded Zenit. Same goes for Ajax and Inter.

Easiest possible trip for me would be LASK or Braga. Espanyol on current form.

Man United or Arsenal please.

From a totally selfish point of view, anyone but them, as they're the worst possible trips.

However, the reality is I hope the club gets the easiest possible draw.

Better be able to do our own thing because no fucking way am I travelling 340 miles north to travel 220 south!

I was living in London the last time we played Man Utd and was able to travel independently to Wigan and get a bus from there.

Hunners mate.

I would expect at least 2 legends to be introduced, followed by a ticker-tape parade, a 10 minute video montage of group stage highlights, a toast to all delegates present, cutting of the cake, explanation of how the teams are seeded, explanation of how they will draw the balls, explanation of how they will open said balls, 5 minute video montage re-iterating the ball drawing/opening process, a record 20 minute standing ovation for the presenters, another legend coming on to officially commence the draw...

As long as Reshman Chowdhury is seductively fondling our balls i'll be happy.

So realistically we're talking about 1230 by the time they do all their fannying about?

Take a wee minute, how good does this feel... being in the draw for post Christmas European football. Brilliant man.

Reactions: VGM
that is true mate. but that was 2008 and weve been to many places before since.

2008 had no impact on what they want to do to us
2003 and 2010 it was to Wigan

In 2003 independent ticket holders could travel to Manchester with tickets but in 2010 they had to travel to Wigan and broad buses to the game the same will apply if we draw them again

2008 had no impact on what they want to do to us
2003 and 2010 it was to Wigan

In 2003 independent ticket holders could travel to Manchester with tickets but in 2010 they had to travel to Wigan and broad buses to the game the same will apply if we draw them again

You don’t really know that for certain do you?

I'd split the potential opponents as follows:

Basaksehir, Espanyol, Gent or Malmo would be a 'favourable' draw in the context of the teams available and their current form/standing.

Basel, Braga or LASK would be a 'so-so' draw.

Ajax, Arsenal, Benfica, Inter, Man Utd, Salzburg or Sevilla would be a tough draw, against whom no one would be giving us a chance.

Yes day trip only
We stayed in Manchster the night before the last time. There were a few Bears about. Drove up to Wigan on the morning, dumped the car and got the bus convoy there and back. Quite a few fans made their way into Manchester after the game as well.

Hunners mate.

from watching these things i wouldn't be surprised if they stopped every 5 minutes for a celebrity live performance super bowl style

Weve got Man Utd, my uncle is one of the baw pickers mates, keep it quiet but!

We stayed in Manchster the night before the last time. There were a few Bears about. Drove up to Wigan on the morning, dumped the car and got the bus convoy there and back. Quite a few fans made their way into Manchester after

There is nothing stopping that happening but I think the poster was asking if official would have overnight when it a day trip

Back