Europa League final without tickets

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Obviously with the massive caveat should we pull it off on Thursday and get there is there meant to be something along the lines of fan zones with screens to watch?

If was just myself I'd be going 100% ticket or not but would be taking my 10 year old so trying to suss what experience would be like for him. Wouldn't like to think it would be a case of trying to cram into bars. Are there enough that would cope with the tens of thousands looking to watch the game?

I'd say there will pretty much certainly be something organised. With the sheer numbers it will bring they'll need to.

Obviously with the massive caveat should we pull it off on Thursday and get there is there meant to be something along the lines of fan zones with screens to watch?

If was just myself I'd be going 100% ticket or not but would be taking my 10 year old so trying to suss what experience would be like for him. Wouldn't like to think it would be a case of trying to cram into bars. Are there enough that would cope with the tens of thousands looking to watch the game?

Just make sure the wee man is ok mate.
I don't trust my 35 and 25 year old's.
Be tying them up when we go,:shh:

It would be pandemonium, there would be thousands upon thousands without tickets. Hopefully if they did a fan zone with screens idea, they would be able to actually implement it properly unlike the shitshow that happened in Manchester leading to everyone losing the plot.

Pretty confident I'd get a ticket, but I'd be going anyway. Not taking any kids with me right enough.

It'll be interesting to see how the authorities handle this. West Ham/Frankfurt will bring huge numbers, likewise us. The city will be overwhelmed.

I guess they'll have to create 'fan zones' somewhere in an effort to separate supporters.

I’d love to take my 17 year old daughter but we’ve not a chance of getting tickets.
My wife and I were in Manchester but headed away when the trouble started, but Spain is a different breed of cop, more handy with the big sticks. think I’ll be giving it a miss unfortunately.

I can't decide if I would go without a ticket or not. I wouldn't get one from Rangers due to being bronze in MyGers so my only hope is in the Europa ballot.

But I wouldn't not want to book a flight and then get an email from UEFA a week or two before the game offering me a ticket!

I’d have a chance via MyGers but would pay upto £1k to a tout if we got there.

Through friends and family applying for me I have 21 applications in via the UEFA ballot.

I have accommodation booked for Seville but I'm now debating whether to actually go (if we qualify). I won't have a ticket and as good as Manchester was, it was also a lot of hassle due to the crowds - problems getting into the centre, pubs full, supermarkets running out of beer, overcrowding at the screen viewing, nowhere to piss. All stuff that didn't really bother me as a young twenty something, but now I'm in my 40s I'm not sure I can be bothered with it.

I'm now thinking booking a week away in the sun somewhere is a better option. It will probably work out cheaper and the thought of a relaxed holiday and watching it in the comfort of a wee bar somewhere, appeals more to me than watching it on a big screen in a park, just to say "I was there".

And before anyone points it out, yes, I know I'm a boring old c*nt B-)

I’d still go and give your 10 year old a day he’ll never forget. I’d probably patch watching in the fun park and just find somewhere showing it a bit quieter. I think regardless if we get to the final and play West Ham or Frankfurt there’ll be a good chance of an extra 60,000 in the city without tickets.

A lot of fans are basing themselves in Malaga and The Algarve. You could base yourselves in one of those two locations and jump on a supporters bus to Seville the day of the game if there is something planned. If there isn't there's bound to be something happening in either of those places?

given what happened at Manchester id say it would be a shit idea for the actual game but a great idea for the " day "
100%, if it goes all wrong ( again) the Spanish Police do not hold back as we know.
I will not be travelling without a ticket again thats for sure

Easy for me to say as I'll get a ticket but really don't get the attraction of a fanzone. Drinking warm beer while knee deep in empties and pish.

The only advantage of being in Seville is the extremely remote possibility of getting a ticket. The OP would need 2 and together at that, no chance.

A lot of fans are basing themselves in Malaga and The Algarve. You could base yourselves in one of those two locations and jump on a supporters bus to Seville the day of the game if there is something planned. If there isn't there's bound to be something happening in either of those places?
Aye we’re flying from Leeds to Malaga

Easy for me to say as I'll get a ticket but really don't get the attraction of a fanzone. Drinking warm beer while knee deep in empties and pish.

The only advantage of being in Seville is the extremely remote possibility of getting a ticket. The OP would need 2 and together at that, no chance.
Tbf Manchester wasn't like that.
The fan zone I was in the bar was ran OK and the toilets cleaned regularly

Cheers for replies. Still not decided what to do. Best case scenario we get through and get lucky in ballot. I'd prob get one through mygers whereas he's only just over 1000. Hopefully if we get a sniff again in the future we'll both be high enough not to be a worry. Wouldn't go myself as well as couldn't to that to the wee man he's massively into it now and it's our thing together.

Just not sure about taking him and it ending up a shitshow being far too busy. Thing would be as well if getting bus back to Malaga or whatever couldn't venture too far for a quieter bar as need to be mindful of getting back to bus.

Whatever happens looking forward to a few years down the line where he'll be a bit older and can take him to some euro away trips.

Was getting work colleagues and everything to do it and sending reminders. I thought 21 was actually a poor show given the level of effort involved haha.
I thought I was doing well with 5 sets of double applications. There's gonna be best part of half a million applications for these tickets if there's loads of us as well as West Ham and Frankfurt doing the same.:rolleyes:

Having been in Piccadilly Square down in Manchester, don’t think I’d fancy it. Especially when you add the Guardia Civil into the mix.
Aye. Some folk think the Polis in Manchester were heavy handed ,dread to think what the Spanish lot will be like. Especially if it's us against West Ham.

Mate, if going with your 10 year old son, I’d book a few nights and days in Malaga but also book a night somewhere in Seville, no matter price. After game you have somewhere close to stay but your wee boy also has a few days of good Rangers party.

I'm not gonna go over without a ticket. Would rather just stay here and make a day of it knowing I'm 100% going to see the game
Same. Know the atmosphere would be brilliant but don’t think trying to organise the travel and likely staying hours outside of Seville just to watch it in a pub is worth it. Would rather do a full day in Glasgow and getting in a pub where you know it will have good screens.

Did Manchester without a ticket and was in the fan zone that the screen stopped working. Luckily managed to get into a pub to watch it, but wasn’t the best for watching a game that big

Mate, if going with your 10 year old son, I’d book a few nights and days in Malaga but also book a night somewhere in Seville, no matter price. After game you have somewhere close to stay but your wee boy also has a few days of good Rangers party.
Going by the other thread this is going to be easier said than done…

I’ve got a 5 week old daughter so I’m not going, as much as it eats away at me. I justify it by reminding myself I’ve already seen the team I love in a European final so let some other lady's front bottom have a shot.

Last edited:
100%, if it goes all wrong ( again) the Spanish Police do not hold back as we know.
I will not be travelling without a ticket again thats for sure
Wise mate,leave it to the young team,Seville Police are bastards,they were, last time we played them,but,i think they will take a back seat if we get there,too many supporters to handle.

I was at the game in Manchester but was going down ticket or not.
This is a different kettle of fish, apart from me being in my 60s now, if we get there and it’s West Ham that’s a potent mix of our coked up Euro neds, coked up Cockney wide boys and baton happy Spanish cops.

I won't go if I don't get a ticket, although I would be hopeful of one through MyGers
I’m sure you‘ll be ok for a ticket Rab. Club employees get an allocation, and if you can’t sort out your auld da then there’s something wrong. :p

Back