European ticket price comparisons

Had a look through various teams yesterday. We’re on the upper end of the scale.

Another data point - Chelsea £35 a game / £105 3 matches.

Surprised at Leipzig being so high tbh.

Had a look through various teams yesterday. We’re on the upper end of the scale.

Another data point - Chelsea £35 a game / £105 3 matches.

Surprised at Leipzig being so high tbh.
Not justifying the cost but Chelsea/Man City etc get enough money from elsewhere.

I know somebody who was trying to take his son to see Man City last year. The easiest matches by far to get tickets for were the Champions League matches. That's the reality of it.

Not justifying the cost but Chelsea/Man City etc get enough money from elsewhere.

I know somebody who was trying to take his son to see Man City last year. The easiest matches by far to get tickets for were the Champions League matches. That's the reality of it.
We went to Man City v CSKA Moscow CL group game in 2014.
They we’re doing 2 for 1 on tickets.
Total £25 for two adult tickets.

Only the two most expensive tiers out of 9 are more expensive than our cheapest tickets.

I haven't seen anything for Spurs but we are more expensive than Chelsea as well. Pretty clear our tickets for this group stage will be right up there as the dearest.
They always need more context these articles I find - how many there are for sale, who can buy them etc...

For a lot of the Pot 1 teams, and probably most of the Pot 2 teams, the group stages are a non-event. They know they will qualify for the knock-out stages and so price the 'boring' group stage matches accordingly. Its a bit different for Rangers, of course.

A parallel might be that we tend to price our early League Cup and Scottish Cup ties cheaper than League matches.

Better comparisons might be the Dortmund, Inter, Leverkusen, Napoli and Marseille prices.

Looking at it we are probably upper average all things considered. Many have much cheaper tickets but their best seats are well over £60.

The only reason that some clubs are cheap is that their fans are bored of the champions league groups as they are in them every year and they need to keep the price keen to fill their ground. Clubs don’t keep prices low unless it suits them

Ticket prices were always going to be a boot in the boz for us compared with the multi millions other clubs pull in through their leagues. The club will make hay while the sun shines as we may not see champions league football for a few years again so paying these prices and money earned previously hopefully keeps us on an even keel for the future. Though this is no great help to those who have to find this money to pay for tickets here and now.

The genie is out the bottle now regarding our ticket prices. Whether it be £43 for a basic SPFL game, £52 for Celtic or £60 for the CL group stage. This is where they are and they're never going down.

Everyone has a choice - pay it or don't. That's the reality of it.

It should have been £150 across the board, I still think that’s steep in the current climate, but at least it would have been fair.

The fact a large chunk of our fans will be paying £51 more for Champions league tickets than Celtic fans is beyond the pale, so what if they have more seats, them having more seats doesn’t mean our fans have more disposable income.

It should have been £150 across the board, I still think that’s steep in the current climate, but at least it would have been fair.

The fact a large chunk of our fans will be paying £51 more for Champions league tickets than Celtic fans is beyond the pale, so what if they have more seats, them having more seats doesn’t mean our fans have more disposable income.
I don't even get why anyone is using that as a comparison. Unless there is a rule now that I'm not aware of that says we must make the exact same income from ticket sales as celtic

The tims are the obvious comparison.

If our prices were in line with theirs taking in to account stadium capacity, it should put us at around £155.

I find it quite interesting that the Dhims have done 'across the board' pricing. I wonder, are their fans who sit in the cheap seats moaning that they have to pay the same as those in the prime seats?

Depends how you spin that.

I remember getting €1.49 to the pound at one point which if that was the exchange rate it would be £45 for the expensive seats or in todays market about £57.
Best I got was 1.46 in April 2006 when I first worked in Gibraltar and lived over the border in La linea so it’s quite a while ago that. I’d say we’ve been playing off around 1.20 for 14 years now?

Chelsea tickets are tiered just as ours are and they go up to £70. There are plenty teams with higher prices than us.

£70 is for Westview which is a VIP offering.

£35 is the top price and bags you a seat in East Upper which is comparable to the Club Deck/Sandy Jardine rear.

They are progressing mind on this front now. Sold out for season tickets this season.
They will no doubt arrract the tourist fans now that they used to slag off other clubs for. Manchester has a number of universities that attract lots of fans from the Far East and the subcontinent. Their (half empty) end during the community shield had a large number of ‘fans’ of Far Eastern and Indian sub-continent origin. I don’t buy that the majority are locals.

Then there will just be the local glory-hunters.

Its a piss take, USG and PSV were even across the board.

Group stages - tiered

They will no doubt arrract the tourist fans now that they used to slag off other clubs for. Manchester has a number of universities that attract lots of fans from the Far East and the subcontinent. Their (half empty) end during the community shield had a large number of ‘fans’ of Far Eastern and Indian sub-continent origin. I don’t buy that the majority are locals.

Then there will just be the local glory-hunters.
Not much they can do end of day. Come across plenty at non league across north west who have sacked off going. Many not because of any tourists going but because they are sick of the random kick off times, same with loads of Clubs fans who became sick of it. You also come across some City fans who go all over and don’t care. No such thing as a perfect support in top flights really.

Not much they can do end of day. Come across plenty at non league across north west who have sacked off going. Many not because of any tourists going but because they are sick of the random kick off times, same with loads of Clubs fans who became sick of it. You also come across some City fans who go all over and don’t care. No such thing as a perfect support in top flights really.
No, they have all chased the money. It comes with the territory.

It’s pretty simple

We charge the most because we have a ridiculously hardcore loyal following that on a lot of occasions is preyed on by that aspect
Not the case, EPL and German sides have far greater revenue streams from domestic TV deals so don’t have to take in anything like as much in ticket sales for “big” games, compare what we charge to watch spl dross at Ibrox and it’s night and day. That plus condensed population down south who support far more teams. It’s pretty simple really, us and Timothy are whales in a garden pond of fry in comparison terms, our pricing is fair

My ticket for anfield for our game has cost the same as the ticket price at Ibrox

Not the case, EPL and German sides have far greater revenue streams from domestic TV deals so don’t have to take in anything like as much in ticket sales. That plus condensed population down south who support far more teams. It’s pretty simple really, us and Timothy are whales in a garden pond of fry in comparison terms, our pricing is fair

My ticket for anfield for our game has cost the same as the ticket price at Ibrox
Not comparing it to those teams

And I’m not talking just exclusively about this.

The board know we will pay anything for anything if it’s either tickets or a rangers badge slapped on it

Not comparing it to those teams

And I’m not talking just exclusively about this.

The board know we will pay anything for anything if it’s either tickets or a rangers badge slapped on it
That is true, although £55 a ticket for the ECL games is good value. It’s in line with some paying over 40 quid to watch hammerthrowers come to Ibrox every other week

It’s pretty simple

We charge the most because we have a ridiculously hardcore loyal following that on a lot of occasions is preyed on by that aspect

We're not charging the most. Leipzig are.

Our prices are a reflection of where Rangers are, in a shite league with no money.

We can't afford to give these out for £50-£80, don't have that luxury.

If you feel preyed upon, you haven't been.

It's like 1996 all over again where the club charged too much for CL games.

Bears who were old enough to remember can explain this better than a young lad at the time.
Remember it well
£30 a ticket was Murray’s attempt to have us pay top dollar for “dinning at the top table “ as he put it

I’m sure some of the crowds were only 30k

Ps the November game against Bucharest was probably the coldest I’d ever been at Ibrox, it was Baltic that night :D

Rangers are robbin there loyal supporters and is disgraceful.Even all of us paid our season tickets through covid and received RTV to watch the home games.Somebody from the club needs to cone out and address the support how they managed there ticket prices for CL as it is daylight robbery from our board and will be even worse if there is no addiditions made before the deadline.

Not the case, EPL and German sides have far greater revenue streams from domestic TV deals so don’t have to take in anything like as much in ticket sales for “big” games, compare what we charge to watch spl dross at Ibrox and it’s night and day. That plus condensed population down south who support far more teams. It’s pretty simple really, us and Timothy are whales in a garden pond of fry in comparison terms, our pricing is fair

Bit of a myth about German tickets being really cheap to be fair.

Granted standing is cheap but many other tickets can be quite dear. Membership revenue is very big in Germany.

Love to see a good jounalist to a good article on Germany ticketing and memberships.

I’d much prefer my ST was in the Govan or Main Stand rear on the half way line but I’m not prepared to pay the price for that, therefore I don’t moan about the view from my seat. Better view = higher price.

Why don’t people call for across the board ST prices if this is so unjust? Because it makes no sense.

Last edited:
Back