European ticket price comparisons

The genie is out the bottle now regarding our ticket prices. Whether it be £43 for a basic SPFL game, £52 for Celtic or £60 for the CL group stage. This is where they are and they're never going down.

Everyone has a choice - pay it or don't. That's the reality of it.
And if we don't, the board know someone else will. Some of our supporters are getting priced out of going to games, that should never be the case, but it is and I find that very disappointing..........So much for the modern day Rangers........

I don't think it is as Ibrox will be full.
Exactly, the prices may be high as in 1996 but the difference is, and I have no evidence to support this, that our support are generally either better off than in 1996 and/or given what was visted on the club by the crooks in the 2010's, are simply more willing to pay those prices becaused of what we've come through as a club. I will be amazed if there is a single vacant seat for any of these matches.

Exactly, the prices may be high as in 1996 but the difference is, and I have no evidence to support this, that our support are generally either better off than in 1996 and/or given what was visted on the club by the crooks in the 2010's, are simply more willing to pay those prices becaused of what we've come through as a club. I will be amazed if there is a single vacant seat for any of these matches.
I imagine it was more to do with the previous 3/4 European runs and being shite in them.

We just don't have other lucrative financial streams to counterbalance the price of tickets. The club needs to make as much as we can.

I don't even get why anyone is using that as a comparison. Unless there is a rule now that I'm not aware of that says we must make the exact same income from ticket sales as celtic

It's a comparison as we play in the same league it's in the same competition, we come from the same society (kind of) and are facing the same issues with the cost of living crisis etc.

There's no rule saying we should pay the same, there also isn't one saying our fans should pay a lot more.

I find it quite interesting that the Dhims have done 'across the board' pricing. I wonder, are their fans who sit in the cheap seats moaning that they have to pay the same as those in the prime seats?

I think this is the first time we have tiered the package based on seats, I might be wrong but I can't remember any gripes about location prices in the past.

It should have been £150 across the board, I still think that’s steep in the current climate, but at least it would have been fair.

The fact a large chunk of our fans will be paying £51 more for Champions league tickets than Celtic fans is beyond the pale, so what if they have more seats, them having more seats doesn’t mean our fans have more disposable income.
I agree I think even if £150 - £160 had been the top end price with it scaled back based on location I think that would have been reasonable.
Totally agree re them - irrelevant that they have more seats we should have priced fairly and reasonably
My dad is a pensioner and even with the concession price it’s a stretch - he has intimated was not going to go - so we have clubbed together to pay and let him go
This is a tough financial climate and surely rangers should have taken some account of that

We went to Man City v CSKA Moscow CL group game in 2014.
They we’re doing 2 for 1 on tickets.
Total £25 for two adult tickets.
All about supply and demand..
Went to Man City v PSG last season and paid £40 (ticket off city season ticket holder,)
But sure some tickets were going for £60+

There’s absolutely no doubt the club fleece us revalued, but people will pay so….

The cynic in me things they exploit the whole admin event to maximise what they can charge.

I imagine it was more to do with the previous 3/4 European runs and being shite in them.
Why do you keep repeating this lie ?
We nearly made the final a couple of years before, it was the price that kept the attendance down nothing to do with previous performances

For a lot of the Pot 1 teams, and probably most of the Pot 2 teams, the group stages are a non-event. They know they will qualify for the knock-out stages and so price the 'boring' group stage matches accordingly. Its a bit different for Rangers, of course.

A parallel might be that we tend to price our early League Cup and Scottish Cup ties cheaper than League matches.

Better comparisons might be the Dortmund, Inter, Leverkusen, Napoli and Marseille prices.

I'm actually a member at Bayer Leverkusen. Got it because we like to watch the odd Bundesliga match from time to time and being a member there basically guarantees a ticket for any game, even v Bayern.

They emailed me the other day offering a 3 match package and prices range from €45 behind the goals to €190 for the best seats. The other seats are prices at €110 and €160.

I'm actually a member at Bayer Leverkusen. Got it because we like to watch the odd Bundesliga match from time to time and being a member there basically guarantees a ticket for any game, even v Bayern.

They emailed me the other day offering a 3 match package and prices range from €45 behind the goals to €190 for the best seats. The other seats are prices at €110 and €160.
Just had a look at that. So it's 35 euros to be a member a year and you'll more than likely get the 110 euros ones. Well ran Club at the end of the day Leverkusen. Still a decent amount mind 160/190 ain't it.

Just had a look at that. So it's 35 euros to be a member a year and you'll more than likely get the 110 euros ones. Well ran Club at the end of the day Leverkusen. Still a decent amount mind 160/190 ain't it.

It is. I find it a bit of a myth about Bundesliga prices being so cheap. If you can bag a standing place then it's only €15 or so but they are pretty hard to get at any club. Seats are far more expensive although Leverkusen are probably the most reasonable. We were at their last home game a week past Saturday and it was €30 for a seat in the corner and €12 for the bairn which is fair enough but they've got a fairly modest fanbase (attendance was 26,500) so price accordingly. Ticket prices for clubs that sell out every week are eye watering if you want a good seat along the side.

Why do you keep repeating this lie ?
We nearly made the final a couple of years before, it was the price that kept the attendance down nothing to do with previous performances
It's not a lie and it's potentially not a fact either. I'm confident if we were competing or expecting to compete in Europe it'd have been a different story. Getting humped out in the qualifiers two years in a row by Levski Sofia and AEK Athens would've presumably dampened spirits towards Europe.

It is. I find it a bit of a myth about Bundesliga prices being so cheap. If you can bag a standing place then it's only €15 or so but they are pretty hard to get at any club. Seats are far more expensive although Leverkusen are probably the most reasonable. We were at their last home game a week past Saturday and it was €30 for a seat in the corner and €12 for the bairn which is fair enough but they've got a fairly modest fanbase (attendance was 26,500) so price accordingly. Ticket prices for clubs that sell out every week are eye watering if you want a good seat along the side.
Nearly word for world what I said in post 48 mate. It gets quite high once standing is taken away at some Clubs, even more so some away ends - jumping from 16/17 to over 40 at times.

It is quite a cheap membership that, Wolfsburg is about that as well. Many are double that and I pay 95 a year for Hansa Rostock.

One the one hand the tickets for Parkhead are cheaper. On the other hand you have to go to Parkhead and watch that lot. Then you have the cost of disinfecting your clothes. It's not comparing like for like.

They will no doubt arrract the tourist fans now that they used to slag off other clubs for. Manchester has a number of universities that attract lots of fans from the Far East and the subcontinent. Their (half empty) end during the community shield had a large number of ‘fans’ of Far Eastern and Indian sub-continent origin. I don’t buy that the majority are locals.

Then there will just be the local glory-hunters.
You are boring

They will no doubt arrract the tourist fans now that they used to slag off other clubs for. Manchester has a number of universities that attract lots of fans from the Far East and the subcontinent. Their (half empty) end during the community shield had a large number of ‘fans’ of Far Eastern and Indian sub-continent origin. I don’t buy that the majority are locals.

Then there will just be the local glory-hunters.

It’s always interesting to study the crowd behind Guardiola at a substitution or something.

Almost to a man, and that is no exaggeration, it’s people of Far Eastern extraction with their phones out.

And if we don't, the board know someone else will. Some of our supporters are getting priced out of going to games, that should never be the case, but it is and I find that very disappointing..........So much for the modern day Rangers........
That's been happening for a long time now. I was priced out of going to matches in the 1980s, then I got a new job in the 90s and priced myself back in.
I'm sure I paid about £120 for a three match package back then, so I'm not taken aback by this year's prices. There were people on here last week saying they expected the board to rinse fans of £250 or more.

It’s always interesting to study the crowd behind Guardiola at a substitution or something.

Almost to a man, and that is no exaggeration, it’s people of Far Eastern extraction with their phones out.
What would you do to stop that as a City fan?

What would you do to stop that as a City fan?

I wouldn’t.

What does their stadium hold now ? 50 odd thousand?

They can’t fill that from their north west supporter pool if you exclude “tourists” and foreign student types.

I find it quite interesting that the Dhims have done 'across the board' pricing. I wonder, are their fans who sit in the cheap seats moaning that they have to pay the same as those in the prime seats?
Probably not. I can’t remember people moaning that it wasn’t tiered pricing the last few European campaigns?

Don't know why anyone is surprised, the club have always tended to shaft the supporters. I was expecting £150 anyway.
I will pay that but if it had been a bit more expensive I wouldn't have bought one out of principle.
In saying that I paid £50 quid for the piggery our first season back under Warburton so can't moan I suppose.

Not really sure what point you were trying to make to be honest, except leaping to the defence of city as per usual
Nah, just wondered if you’d do out to stop it or just let it go on.

Lads at United looking at jail for what they did getting the Liverpool match banned.

Nah, just wondered if you’d do out to stop it or just let it go on.

Lads at United looking at jail for what they did getting the Liverpool match banned.
The break in?

Surely they’re not jailing hundreds of fans

The break in?

Surely they’re not jailing hundreds of fans
Some apparently, anyway under the kosh for it.

Just always interesting to know what people would do in this fight against modern football etc. Easy to slag fans off who have suffered due to it ain’t it. I couldn’t be arsed getting in bother for it personally despite really disliking what’s happened at the top end in England.

I don't have an issue at all with the tiered pricing. Some seats are better than others. My seat is expensive, but if I was in a poor seat I'd be pissed off at paying premium prices.

That's the spirit, Dan!
You sound like my Mrs, take one sentence from a paragraph and make it sound like a negative. Unless you are some mystic and if you are then you better get in touch with the board and tell them not to worry as we will be playing Champions league every year so they should knock £50 off the 3 game package.

Can anyone confirm - will the Mygers package be the same as those quoted for season ticket holders or the higher prices announced for supporters clubs or even some figures in between?

Had a look through various teams yesterday. We’re on the upper end of the scale.

Another data point - Chelsea £35 a game / £105 3 matches.

Surprised at Leipzig being so high tbh.
Leipzig’s start at €50 for the whole package though

The only real comparison is with us and that lot and we’re overcharging by quite some bit

It’s a piss take by the board, simple as that

So £50 x £50,000= £2.5m more in gate receipts against the scum price.

They then have £10,000 extra seats @ £30 = £300,000

So we should make £2.2m more than them

Think this is 1 and only year club will get away this cause of last decade, my daughter desperate to go cause never been to champions league games- no novelty after this year.

So £50 x £50,000= £2.5m more in gate receipts against the scum price.

They then have £10,000 extra seats @ £30 = £300,000

So we should make £2.2m more than them
Not really. You're working on Rangers tickets all being £180 for the package but they are tiered are they not? £150 for Copland and Broomloan, circa £175 for Govan and £180 for Main Stand. I've not checked, just what I read in the OP cutting.

Then there's concessions, kids to factor in for both clubs.

Nearly word for world what I said in post 48 mate. It gets quite high once standing is taken away at some Clubs, even more so some away ends - jumping from 16/17 to over 40 at times.

It is quite a cheap membership that, Wolfsburg is about that as well. Many are double that and I pay 95 a year for Hansa Rostock.

Someone else quoted the membership price which was incorrect. It was actually €55 (I think it's cheaper if I renew it) and my sons was €50. Got some really nice gifts as a welcome present though and my son gets a lot of stuff posted out to him as he's a junior member. In fact I've came in from work tonight and there's 2 magazines from them arrived in the post today!

Having a flick through it they've got their season ticket prices in there;

€190 to stand behind the goal
€290 seats behind the goal/corners
€360/€440 along the side of the pitch

Pensioners range from €150 - €350

Students €100 - €265

Kids €90 - €135

Assuming this makes them about the cheapest team to watch in the Bundesliga. Their cheapest season ticket is cheaper than some of the 3 match CL packages at Ibrox!

Someone else quoted the membership price which was incorrect. It was actually €55 (I think it's cheaper if I renew it) and my sons was €50. Got some really nice gifts as a welcome present though and my son gets a lot of stuff posted out to him as he's a junior member. In fact I've came in from work tonight and there's 2 magazines from them arrived in the post today!

Having a flick through it they've got their season ticket prices in there;

€190 to stand behind the goal
€290 seats behind the goal/corners
€360/€440 along the side of the pitch

Pensioners range from €150 - €350

Students €100 - €265

Kids €90 - €135

Assuming this makes them about the cheapest team to watch in the Bundesliga. Their cheapest season ticket is cheaper than some of the 3 match CL packages at Ibrox!
Is this not the membership?

They are cheap prices them like. I’ve always seen them as a family club myself. Despite being accosted when I walked in to their Ultras Pub after a match one night. Ulf Kirsten actually came in that night for a few beers.

Is this not the membership?

They are cheap prices them like. I’ve always seen them as a family club myself. Despite being accosted when I walked in to their Ultras Pub after a match one night. Ulf Kirsten actually came in that night for a few beers.

I had to get an International membership being based in the UK which was €55.

You're right It is more of a family club. Fanbase is a lot smaller than the other Bundesliga clubs in their region like Koln, Moenchengladbach, Dortmund and Schalke but it gives us easy access to Bundesliga games so it suits us. They lost 3-0 at home to Hoffenheim at the match we were at a week past Saturday but the atmosphere was still very good and the fans kept on singing right to the end.

It's probably the best league in the World for fan culture and the overall fan experience as a whole.

I think the Bheggars shot their bolt early tbh
They announced their prices before we played the PSV game, I’m sure they thought they were getting all the extra dough.

Back