Euros knockout draw

Would Scotland have got Sweden if they went through because its at hampden or how was the 3rd placed teams drawn?

Germany are done. They look a tired team who have never replaced the players who bowed out. This lot are nowhere near the class they had a few years ago.

Like they did the last time, they will need to rip it up and start again.
They showed against Portugal that they've still got it, they can switch it on. They weren't exactly poor v France either. Last night was a bit of a disaster but maybe they were just complacent as playing Hungary. They won't go out with that mentality v england though.

England will not beat Germany.

source.gif

They showed against Portugal that they've still got it, they can switch it on. They weren't exactly poor v France either. Last night was a bit of a disaster but maybe they were just complacent as playing Hungary. They won't go out with that mentality v england though.
I agree, was very surprised at them last night. I know they got through but they still looked lacklustre to me.

I know england arent exactly looking the part either, but I dont think they need fear germany. Admittedly I've wrote germany off many a time and they've proved me wrong. 15 years with their manager and its starting to look it now. Not slating him as that's an amazing amount of time to be in charge, especially in this day and age.

I agree, was very surprised at them last night. I know they got through but they still looked lacklustre to me.

I know england arent exactly looking the part either, but I dont think they need fear germany. Admittedly I've wrote germany off many a time and they've proved me wrong. 15 years with their manager and its starting to look it now. Not slating him as that's an amazing amount of time to be in charge, especially in this day and age.
I don't really see this big regression that people are seeing at Germany mate. Last night was a bad result yes. Like I said probably complacent which will be addressed. I know there were a few dodgy results before the euros as well but they always turn up in these tournaments and I've not saw much in the group stages that would suggest that they won't go far again. If they play as they did v Portugal, they will sweep England to one side imo.

3 teams there whose population isn't that much different from Scotland: Croatia, Wales and Denmark so we can't use being a small country an excuse for not doing well.

Wales vs Denmark looks like a tasty bet. Favouring the Danish but not sure enough to put a line down.

3 teams there whose population isn't that much different from Scotland: Croatia, Wales and Denmark so we can't use being a small country an excuse for not doing well.
It's down to mentality the Croats,Swedes and Danes are brilliant for it ,that never say die will to win. That's why I want to see Rangers scanning those counties rather than second rate overpriced English players.

It's down to mentality the Croats,Swedes and Danes are brilliant for it ,that never say die will to win. That's why I want to see Rangers scanning those counties rather than second rate overpriced English players.
Exactly mate, cos Tavernier, Goldson and Kent are shite...

(I know that's not what you mean, but I expect RW and our team to find value anywhere)

Updated:

Switzerland v Spain - Friday 5pm - St Petersburg
Belgium v Italy - Friday 8pm - Munich

Czech Republic v Denmark - Saturday 5pm - Baku
Sweden/Ukraine v England - Saturday 8pm - Rome

Last edited:
Exactly mate, cos Tavernier, Goldson and Kent are shite...

(I know that's not what you mean, but I expect RW and our team to find value anywhere)
I'd just paraphrase that by saying we've been fortunate to get those players on our books and I think that's down to Stevie and his staff for turning those players into winners.

England at home beat anyone I think. Haven't conceded and seem to be getting an ungodly amount of luck with chances teams are missing against them.

Thought Germany would give them a better game than that, but they looked terrible.

Belgium front 4 are brilliant but that back 3 are old and England have pace in abundance to counter that.

England at home beat anyone I think. Haven't conceded and seem to be getting an ungodly amount of luck with chances teams are missing against them.

Thought Germany would give them a better game than that, but they looked terrible.

Belgium front 4 are brilliant but that back 3 are old and England have pace in abundance to counter that.

Couldn’t beat a terrible Scotland.

This aged well
There was a certain user last night who said the France game would end 0-0 and I didn't go retagging it afterwards:)) :)) and like I said I wrote it the wrong way around... Haha

Nah, wasn't expecting that result at all. Fair play to England. They're in with a real chance of reaching the final and potentially winning it now.

Back