Everton after Alfredo morelos?

He's 24 now so probably only has about 6 years before he starts showing a physical decline. I know sports science is great but the body and wear and tear will always catch up compared to when you were a fresh faced 19/20 year old.

He's Involved with his national team. Scores goals in Europe and in the league. Negatives being his temperament/attitude and not scoring against the scum.

Another season here will do him no harm but he needs to have his best ever year if he's going to be one of the great players playing in the biggest and best leagues.

Right now I'd snap the hand off for £20 million but realistically will end up being 15-17 million in todays environment.

It's incredible how often talented players who have a perceived flaw or disciplinary problem don't get their move. Or clubs won't pay the going rate for them - particularly goal scorers. I mean nobody would dream of taking a chance on a serial offender like Suarez for example just because he scores goals.

More likely to see Rangers fans running down our own players than that.

And no I'm not comparing Alfie to Suarez in anything other than the fact that they are both goal scorers who have received a number of red cards.

Clubs will take a chance on talented players who score goals and will frequently pay inflated fees for them irrespective of any perceived disciplinary issue.

But the fact is - rightly or wrongly - that Tierney did go for circa £25m, thus setting a recent transfer precedent between an SPL club and one from the EPL. As noted in other threads, Morelos' CV - especially taking into account his achievements in European competitions - is certainly comparable to that of Tierney. Moreover, when you also take into account that strikers always go for a premium, to then place a valuation on Morelos that would (if we take your low-ball estimate of £15) represent only 60% of the £25m transfer fee the bheasts got for their oft-injured left-back! Assuming that you are not Martin Bain, why on earth would you be prepared to entertain a fee of this magnitude for Rangers' most saleable asset?
I wouldn’t be prepared to entertain it but let’s be honest, if the market valued him at north of £15M, the believed release clause we have for him, he’d already be gone. To therefore expect reasonably to get double that when there’s not many apparent suitors at the door the last transfer window or this, willing to pay the £15, tells me the market is not prepared to pay close to £30M for Morelos.

You are completely ignoring the financial implications of the covid 19 pandemic and assuming that the economic landscape now is consistent with one year ago

Bananas.
I believe the covid-19 matter has implications mainly for the massive fees involved at the upper end of the transfer spectrum, so yes, it might well stop or perhaps reduce the numbers in some of these transactions. However, to sign Morelos, clubs would (or should be) prepared to write a cheque somewhere in the region of £25M, still I believe, well with the budget of most EPL clubs - especially for a striker of Morelos' calibre - despite covid-19

Birmingham have got £20m for a 17 year old. Was he worth that kind of money? Of course he wasn’t but if anyone wanted their prized possession they have to pay ove r the odds yet we have to give ours away?

He is a full Columbian internationalist, scored goals in the Europa league and is tied up to us until 2024. Anyone wants him make them pay more than we believe him to be worth.

Totally agree. I know we need to watch money etc. but surely when we find a diamond in the rough we keep it until someone pays a lot of money.

Even the mid to lower EPL teams spend 30-40m on players with little or no record in the game, that used to get you a superstar now you have to google them to find out who they are.
Lets not short change ourselves here with Morelos as he is (on his day) a unique Costa type striker who can bully a whole back four on his own and some of his goal finishes are from the top drawer.
He has well documented flaws in his game but the good far outweigh the bad and imo he is easily worth 20-25m in todays market.

We’ll struggle to get someone to pay £15m for AM imo purely due to his attitude.
The goals/link up play is there but how many times has he let us down?

Time will tell and I hope I’m wrong but some of the figures being thrown about are insane.

Why is it we will do well to get £15 million for Alfie, yet you can bet your life they will get £20mil+ for Edouard?

We’ll struggle to get someone to pay £15m for AM imo purely due to his attitude.
The goals/link up play is there but how many times has he let us down?

Time will tell and I hope I’m wrong but some of the figures being thrown about are insane.
Disagree, if a manager worth his salt watches Morelos goal scoring capabilities in the league, and in Europe they know they have a very talented boy on their hands the goal v hearts with the flick stunning, the pass at Pittodrie stunning, and most of his goals in Europe look at the porto one at Ibrox stunning, the two away to feyenoord so on and so on. Look how it played out for suarez at Liverpool there's definately comparisons there, the refs will ve kinder where he goes, hell go with my best wishes but his time has come to move on.

I’m not sure why people would be happy with £15m? I’d be delighted to keep him (assuming he’s happy to stay), his goals in Europe alone last season earned us a fair chunk.
What happens if we take the £15m and buy Roofe for say £5m and he’s a flop? Be careful what you wish for.

Take this whatever way you want but I was told Morelos did actually reject a move to Qatar and is in talks with an unnamed club over a move.

He was never going to Qatar he wants to play at a higher level which he will

i am sure he will be away In the next few weeks which he needs to be so we can get a good replacement in time for the season starting and we need 2 new strikers as we can’t rely on Defoe .

I’m not sure why people would be happy with £15m? I’d be delighted to keep him (assuming he’s happy to stay), his goals in Europe alone last season earned us a fair chunk.
What happens if we take the £15m and buy Roofe for say £5m and he’s a flop? Be careful what you wish for.

Wont be up to us what we get for him that’s Ross Wilson’s job , As he got cash for Grezda and some of the other Buisness he’s done I would imagine he will get us a decent price.

If a club that paid £27 million for Cenk Tosun is interested then we should be looking at a minimum of £30 million for Morelos.

Some of the valuations here are mental. The facts, unfortunately for us, speak for themselves and that is why we won’t get the bonkers valuation of £30M. Mcburnie and others were already in that English bubble, Morelos isn’t. Biscuit hips bucked that trend but that was certainly in part due to a media who massively hyped his value. Morelos is the absolute opposite.
Facts wise, Europe including qualifiers, his statistics were good for 19/20.

but, being honest, league games are the bread and butter and they are where you need to demonstrate you can perform week in week out. Regardless of referee performances etc. He only managed 12 goals in 26 games. I can’t recall exactly but I’m sure he went 7/8 league games without scoring. In 3 years he hasn’t scored versus Celtic, that’s a significant issue. His attitude has repeatedly been highly questionable much to the frustration of management. I would love it if he screwed the nut stayed and performed and earned a big money move but the actions, not at tynecastle, late home from approved leave, not adhering to fitness requirements during lockdown, disciplinary issues etc. All impact the value. Is he raw and could he be unbelievable? Yes. Fair value based on recent form? £15-20M with substantial add on. I’d be utterly astounded to see him leave this summer for north of £20M as the facts and figures unfortunately don’t point to that.
You mention he hasn’t scored against Celtic but plenty of players have similar bogeys. Example being Sterling at Liverpool & Man City never having found the net against Man U These things happen but he has also performed well in most of the games against them in the game at the piggery before the break he was by far the best player on the pitch. His European displays and goals is a better guide to how good he is his displays when playing up front alone over two season have been outstanding he should not be sold for under 20m

If we want 20 million for him I'd be very confident Ross Wilson will get the 20 million for him. He won't be sold on the cheap.

We won’t sell on the cheap and neither should we buy he’s not been the same since January for whatever reason .

We need to replace him with 3-4 first team players and sign a Dykes or Taylor for back up .

Unless Everton gets rid of one of their 3 Strikers, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, or Kean then I would take this with a pinch of salt.

Richarlison is a number 10, kean has scored just 1 goal for them, and Calvert - lewin is an alright youth who is near enough the same age as Morlelos with a far worse goalscoring record, fewer appearances and zero European experience.

Morelos with Richarlison playing off him is a big improvement in my book. They would be stupid not to be interested! But they will have to pay. Our haggling starts at £40m.

Those suggestion £15m are verging on nuts. Even if you accept that the market isn't what it was, in that case we keep him for another year and sell for an extra £5-15 million next summer whilst not compromising our prep for next year. He isn't going to lose value in the next year, and could substantially increase in value again (e.g. If discipline issues continue to correct themselves, he shows up well in Europe again and scores in one of the at least 4 old firms he'll appear in).

No-one thinks Edouard is going for just £15m... So why should we accept that for our star striker?!?

Anyone talking down or arguing with other bears over Alfie’s worth is a mentally challenged.

This thread, like Twitter is full of them.

What a dire argument.

You just know the board are going to take pelters when they inevitably fail to meet some of the ridiculous valuations that folk have dreamed up in their heads.

We won’t sell on the cheap and neither should we buy he’s not been the same since January for whatever reason .

We need to replace him with 3-4 first team players and sign a Dykes or Taylor for back up .
I do agree the time is now for him to go if re can get a replacement striker a right sided attacker of quality and a box to box midfield this would make us stronger.

I can’t wait for the window to shut again if only for the peace it brings knowing that yahoo can’t indulge in “ Alfie’s leaving “ speculation and garbage while cry wanking themselves to death . He’s our player just now and in future , he’s on a bumper long term contract so unless someone comes in with a bid of over £20 million it’s that simple . No amount of keyboard bashing and making up stories will change it .

Discipline apart where would we be without his goals.
We're not a school were a football club.

I haven’t once said he hasn’t scored big goals for us.

All I’ve said is he has yet to perform over a full season for us and his discipline remains his biggest issue.

Had we sold him in January, £20m easily. Now? I’d say £15m purely because we’re in the middle of a pandemic and his form and discipline after Christmas

Alfie is worth more than edouard, does much more for the team. So what ever separate entity edouard is worth, Alfie is worth more

If Morelos were a celtic player the asking price would begin at around £25m. Say what you like, they never seem to let their top talent go cheaply - Tierney being the most recent example.
If Morelos was ....... we'd have their fandan's in the press with their Suville calculators telling us how its the mostest bestest transfer ever.

Alfie is worth more than edouard, does much more for the team. So what ever separate entity edouard is worth, Alfie is worth more

No point comparing him to Edouard. Very different strikers. Celtic will get a great fee for him when he goes there's no doubt about that. He's a clinical finisher and has won trophies for them.

Fortunately for us we can use Morelos' Europa League record where he's single handedly rag dolled so many very good teams and scored some great goals. Like it or not his discipline will be an issue for any potential suitors.

I'd be over the moon with anything close to £20m

You'd never hear me saying a good word about them and i know what you say about doing more for the team but their guy does know where the goal is, especially when it matters.
The obvious with Morelos is his temperament. Another is his commitment, put on weight and downed tools after January.
He had a great 5 months at the start of the season, but has let Rangers down not once, twice but more than that and next season is too big for prima donna's.
I'd have him out ASAP and move on.

I love Alfie as much as the next bear but I genuinely think people who actually think we will get anything close to £30 million are seriously deluded.
If we can get close to £20 million I’d honestly be delighted. We can finance Gerrards plans to improve our starting 11 with 3 or 4 players with that.

I love Alfie as much as the next bear but I genuinely think people who actually think we will get anything close to £30 million are seriously deluded.
If we can get close to £20 million I’d honestly be delighted. We can finance Gerrards plans to improve our starting 11 with 3 or 4 players with that.
We need to realise it's not the 1970s either and Gerrard can't just tell Alfie to get his head down and play or he'll train with the reserves.

He wants to leave, the last thing you want is a Payet or a Pogba situation.

People are dreaming if they think we are getting 30M plus a sell on. If true would be around the 15M maybe slightly higher mark with a sell on.

If it is a Premier League club we should search for the big Bucks.

The absolute dross that gets peddled in that league is mental. Dominic Solanke for 20m ffs. Joelinton for 40m. Pepe for about 80m. You get the point.

People are dreaming if they think we are getting 30M plus a sell on. If true would be around the 15M maybe slightly higher mark with a sell on.

It's already been mentioned McBurney is worth £20 mil in that market down there as an example.

Talent wise there's really no comparison to make between the two players so why is it a dream to expect 30. Ultimately It will depend on how much the buying club want the player. As always with a prem club , the fee will be a secondary issue.
Best case scenario for us is for a couple of interested parties to get into an auction situation then watch his value escalate.

We have to keep Alfie if we've to stop the scum,massive year for all ov us, if he has a great season he will be moving to a top team not a Everton,as for that French fcker hes a exceptional player the sooner he's away the better

If we had the resources it would almost be worth loaning Morelos for a season to an EPL club and writing in a £40m release clause to his contact. He'll be worth it after 6 months. I'm not making a serious suggestion but you get my point.

Delusion is an expectation of a standard of football from 3 or 4 recouped after the sale of 1

I can’t wait for the window to shut again if only for the peace it brings knowing that yahoo can’t indulge in “ Alfie’s leaving “ speculation and garbage while cry wanking themselves to death . He’s our player just now and in future , he’s on a bumper long term contract so unless someone comes in with a bid of over £20 million it’s that simple . No amount of keyboard bashing and making up stories will change it .
Even though the club have a release, per several stories of £15M?

Only he’s not as Edouard has won trophies for Celtic and his goals have won them those trophies, our closest match to that is Alfie’s performances in Europe. Unfortunately, league performance, the week in week out, is what matters and Edouard in that sense is far more consistent.

It was widely reported that following the last deal the price we’d release him for was no less than £15M

It was also widely reported that he was an out of control liability and that we would bite the hand off any bids of 8 million .

At no point did I trust these“ reports “ and I certainly won’t do so now. There have been people agitating for Morelos to leave the minute it became apparent he was a huge player for us.

If we sell him for any less than £20 million it’s utterly appalling .

Just watched a complication of his goals from last season. We are going to struggle to replace him when he's on the pitch

It was also widely reported that he was an out of control liability and that we would bite the hand off any bids of 8 million .

At no point did I trust these“ reports “ and I certainly won’t do so now. There have been people agitating for Morelos to leave the minute it became apparent he was a huge player for us.

If we sell him for any less than £20 million it’s utterly appalling .

im-speaking-in-208137.jpg

Everton are my English side, so if Alfie were to leave (which I think he will), I’d be delighted if he moved to Goodison.

I don’t think we should entertain anything south of £20m. If EPL sides are sniffing around, that’s still a bargain for a young striker who’s the top marksman in the Europa League.

The Everton fans would love his style of play & I’m sure Big Dunc could take him under his wing & mentor him onto bigger things.

Ideally I’d like to see him with a Rangers jersey on his back as we go for #55 but I reckon that ship has sailed. Hope I’m wrong.

Back